Poll

Are you a fan of the remix, or the Original

Remix! Larry!!!!
33 (50%)
Original
33 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Which "Crazy" Do you Like Better?  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Which "Crazy" Do you Like Better?
« on: July 02, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »
I like the remix better, it looks like all of them are having fun going about with the fans.

And who can not like Larry parading around with a bongo   ;D

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Which "Crazy" Do you Like Better?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:03:20 PM »
Both are good. The remix just takes a little getting used to. I'm thinking they played both tonight because they were shooting a video.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
They're both a lot of fun. I like the original better, but that's probably due to hearing the album version so many times and being hooked on that rendition, although the remix is a nice touch and it's fun to watch the band completely rework their songs like that. ;D

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
They have taken the worst song on the album and made it really really good.

REMIX

REMIX

REMIX

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
I think I like the remix! ;)

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
I really, really, really want to like this song ( in original form or remixed ) - but, I just don't.
(I'd much rather see them do discotheque.)

ps. I'm not complaining. I'm very excited about the tour and set lists. Just not crazy about Crazy.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »
I just watched the remix again.  I love it.  Looks so much fun live!

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »
I LOVE the original version... and it was EASILY the best new live performance of the Promo tour... outdoing Magnificent and even Breathe.  With just 2 (or 3?) it completely took over the audience at both performances and REALLY got the crowd going.

I am waiting to experience the original live... and was really hoping to hear the more rock oriented one that Edge was talking about...

Then we get this remix.

I dont hate it at all.  They do indeed look like they are having fun.  At parts it starts to go off.  I think if they work on it, it will become really good.  For now though... its a little too sloppy and just waiting to either take of or burst tinto a more cohesive grooves.  Adam should be more prominent in the mix.  His base should be anchoring down the whole thing, instead they are letting the backing track do it, and this is where it falls short.

I also think that if they are going to do this remix (and it will find its way if they keep it going, and potentially become really amazing) then they should go further and play Numb, Mofo, Lemon, Discotheque, HMTMKMKM, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, Even Better Than The Real Thing, or at least Mysterious Ways or Two Heats Beat As One segue at least one of these into this mix. 

Ideally I would love them to alternate from nite to nite which way they play it, and play the appropriate songs that would match each style.  Nite 1 is more organic/traditional with original version of Crazy along with either Desire, Fast Cars, Two Hearts Beat As One, Out Of Control, Acoustic version of Mysterious Ways (with a Fast Cars type of treatment), In A Little While, or Angel of Harlem in a 3 song set.  Nite 2 would be the revamped remix Crazy paired with 2 songs of any of the following: Numb, Mofo, Lemon, Discotheque, HMTMKMKM, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, Even Better Than The Real Thing, or at least Mysterious Ways... or if they start to turn it darker towards the end of the the remix FEZ - Being Born! (during the remix they could even sneak it teasers of "Let Me In The Sound" faintly in the background), which of course can easily go into Dirty Day, Please, or Acrobat  :D

dare to dream

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 03:46:49 AM »
Remix; very Pop-esque  8)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:44 AM »
The remix isn't a bad song. But it's not 'Crazy', to my mind, and I love the original too much to want to see this new version...

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 05:48:45 AM »
Listening to the song on headphones - original
Seeing them live - remix (I'd imagine)

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »
This was always the best song on the album for me, while my stance that this tour needs a POP-free setlist has already been pounded to death.

U2 delivers!

They play the best-song-off-the-album (at least for me) twice in two different versions in the same concert, while they still maintain a setlist free from infestation (of material I am not a fan of).

U2 sure knows how to treat the casual fan.

As to which Crazy is better, of course the original is the best.  But if we can get two versions of the same brilliant song then it would be a bonus treat!

Cheers,

J

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 10:43:12 AM »
my fav part of Crazy is the "baby, baby, baby I am not alone" part which is actually one of my ringtones so that is what I don't like about the remix....I love that break part in the song.

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 11:43:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They have taken the worst song on the album and made it really really good.

REMIX

REMIX

REMIX
;D
HATE this song on the album(reminds me of some HTDAAB crap), love it live.
Oh no! This is something the "Weird" U2 would have done! /sarcasm/

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like the remix better, it looks like all of them are having fun going about with the fans.

And who can not like Larry parading around with a bongo   ;D

Djembe

And yes, I approve of Larry's  "parading"!