Poll

Would you wait 32 hours in the GA line to be in the front row?

Yes
22 (33.8%)
No
43 (66.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: July 13, 2009, 03:58:04 PM

Author Topic: Would you wait 32 hours in the GA line to be in the front row?  (Read 3740 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Would you wait 32 hours in the GA line to be in the front row?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
32 hours without sleep, a decent meal, a shower, or a place to pee? I'd be homicidal by the time the show started.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I hear you uplate!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
No, I would not wait in line for 32 hours.  Maybe 10 years ago I would have, but now that I've hit 30 there's nothing like a good night's sleep and a hot shower.   :)  Isn't there some rule this time that you can't queue up before 9 AM?

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 09:39:58 PM »
a) the 2nd night line was much shorter - fewer people waiting a shorter amt. of time than the 1st night

b) at least in the states, if you have a hotel near by and have been camping out since the night before or since early in the day, as long as you have a number on your hand or a wristband, the people around  you will allow you an hour or so to get washed up or go get food as long as you're back in line by around 4pm.  It helps to ask those around you if they'd like you to get anything for them too.

c) I said yes in the poll above, but perhaps 32 hours is a bit much.  But I do plan on camping out for one show (Dallas or LA, can't decide) to be in the first 100 and get a spot on the rail so I'll be in line for about 24 hours.  Mr.Z even said he'd camp with me - that's love.

Offline Dfit00

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Sing for your sanity
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
Another good reason to get reserved seating tickets rather than GA tickets.  8)

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 12:33:02 PM »
a) the 2nd night line was much shorter - fewer people waiting a shorter amt. of time than the 1st night

b) at least in the states, if you have a hotel near by and have been camping out since the night before or since early in the day, as long as you have a number on your hand or a wristband, the people around  you will allow you an hour or so to get washed up or go get food as long as you're back in line by around 4pm.  It helps to ask those around you if they'd like you to get anything for them too.

c) I said yes in the poll above, but perhaps 32 hours is a bit much.  But I do plan on camping out for one show (Dallas or LA, can't decide) to be in the first 100 and get a spot on the rail so I'll be in line for about 24 hours.  Mr.Z even said he'd camp with me - that's love.

I said yes, but it really depends on weather & location of my hotel.  I am lining up early for Van (having been @ concerts & football games there, the concert set up is like going thru a maze & I want a good spot - so arriving early, to me, is a good idea)
I also have the luxury of my hotel being 2 blks away, so I can leave my sister there, get a shower in and pick up snacks (including for those around me in line - its nice to share) and be back in place.

I should warn my sister... ;D

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
The whole lottery prevented me from being next to some clown that smelled like toilet water and jack daniels. 
You mean lottery on Vertigo tour, right? I thought the GA procedure wasn't going to go by lottery this time around, according to the official GA pinned procedure thread. I'm planning on 9 am or noon for Giants Stadium 9/25. 32 hours isn't an option anyway, as I have reserved tickets for Giants Stadium 9/24. Otherwise...I might be just crazy enough to do something like that...  :)

Yeah I ment Vertigo.  But I think they should at least stamp your hand with a number so people don't have to wait that long.  32 hours makes a person cranky. 

Offline Lauriver

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
good lord, no. If I don't get a good 8 hours sleep a night and a hot shower in the mornig I'm good for nothing. Nutters! I'm planning on getting to my GA show late morning, and will see where it gets me.

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 11:52:32 AM »
I queued for Barcelona night 2 and the heat, the sunburn (despite loads of suncream) the restless uncomfortableness, the pains in my legs, feet, knees and back, almost falling asleep standing up while snow patrol were on from exhaustion were all completely forgotten as soon as U2 walked in to the stadium! It was the best U2 show I have ever been to and I'm planning on being in the queue again for another 4 shows, so it can't be that bad. We also met loads of lovely people and had some great laughs with the people next to us, which were all part of the experience. In celebration of the staff preparing to open the gates there huge water fight at the front of the queue  and eveyone was cheering, the atmosphere was great !

Must say, I thought the organisation at Camp Nou was great, there were stewards all the way along the queue from very early in the morning they were directing people and giving information. they provided portaloos outside which amazingly were still clean just before the gates opened!! When the gates did open they got people in very quickly and safely.  Once inside the security crew were giving out free water to people at the front all evening and during the show.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »
People, on the vertigo tour and elevation i had floor seats, both times i got to the shows around 6/7 and both times i was well in front, one time held Bono when he jumped in the crowd. Don't waist your time!

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
Oh I forgot to say, I joined the queue at 12 on the day of the show, thats my limit, too old and not daft enough to be bothered with camping over night.  We were numbers 725/5 and once we were in we were next to people with really low numbers so they had no advantage by being in the queue for 36 hours as opposed to 6 or 7 hours.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
I'm just wondering how lining up 32 hours beforehand would be possible if they are enforcing that "no lining up" policy before 9am-noon the day of?

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 04:42:41 AM »
32 hours is ridiculous. last time around i started queueing 3 to 4 hours before they opened the door and i was rignt in front of the stage. could not be any closer

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »
I'm just wondering how lining up 32 hours beforehand would be possible if they are enforcing that "no lining up" policy before 9am-noon the day of?

How can they stop you?

Inside the gates, sure. But everyone just sets up outside the gates. Even if they do try to move you on outside, there's honour amongst thieves.

Offline Trillian

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 04:28:25 AM »
I'll be camping out the night before the show for 24/7 along with my not-quite-so-eager companions. ;) After having seen U2 at Croker from the seats, I wanted to get GA tickets for the atmosphere and the better view. However, standing at five foot nothing, the only guarantee of seeing anything is to get as close to the front as possible. Thankfully, we're booked into a hotel for the night of the concert, so once we've done the camping the night before, we can check in and freshen up a couple of hours beforehand and dump any unneccessary stuff there. Really looking forward to it, I just hope we'll be allowed to stay outside the stadium through the night!

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »
I'll be camping out the night before the show for 24/7 along with my not-quite-so-eager companions. ;) After having seen U2 at Croker from the seats, I wanted to get GA tickets for the atmosphere and the better view. However, standing at five foot nothing, the only guarantee of seeing anything is to get as close to the front as possible. Thankfully, we're booked into a hotel for the night of the concert, so once we've done the camping the night before, we can check in and freshen up a couple of hours beforehand and dump any unneccessary stuff there. Really looking forward to it, I just hope we'll be allowed to stay outside the stadium through the night!

seriously you don't need to do that. went to the 3 shows in dublin on the last tour. each time i started to queue at 1pm on the day of the concert. and 3 times i was at the very front, which actually wasn't the best spot on vertigo tour. i stood between the 2 b-stages instead