Author Topic: sign here if you think this is a good idea  (Read 1188 times)

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
sign here if you think this is a good idea
« on: July 04, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
assk should not be under house arrest! fact! i agree with what bono is saying and im sure we all do!

but...whats all off us going to do wearing a mask in a stadium going to do???

my idea is go to asia with a gig, get them to wear the mask and then preech ab out it

it'll do alot more good over there then here!!!!

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: sign here if you think this is a good idea
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »
Asian countries are mostly developing countires and don't have the stadium capcities to cope with The Claw's demand.

Achtung40Life

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »
I highly doubt any Asian countries would let a rock band come in and protest against a government action in which they disagree. But if you don't like the mask idea, DON'T WEAR THE MASK! No use in complaining, I know the idea is a little cheesy, but I'm not complaining because Bono can't force me to do anything.

Offline mrbump81

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
There is a load of huge stadiums in South Korea+Japan they had the football world cup a few years ago, Also Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I highly doubt any Asian countries would let a rock band come in and protest against a government action in which they disagree. But if you don't like the mask idea, DON'T WEAR THE MASK! No use in complaining, I know the idea is a little cheesy, but I'm not complaining because Bono can't force me to do anything.

ha i dont have a problem with it but my point is doing it over there would be alot more effective

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well hey, they might not get many gigs off the ground in Myanmar, but U2 have ignored Asia (outside of Japan) for too long.

Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea, Thailand... All have stadia that could hold the shows and heaps of fans.

Let's face it, the reason U2 have not toured asia is purely financial. Cost of living, and the willingness of people to pay what U2 would ask for a ticket, is prohibitive in most of those countries.

However, this is where the blackberry sponsorship could come in. Why not use the corporate sponsor to enable touring in places rarely reached, by way of keeping prices down, not supplementing the income stream?

There are some huge social justice and injustice issues throughout the Asian region, throughout the world for that matter, that include ASSK as one tiny part. 

Plenty of people falling for Bono's 'Africa as a country' metaphor when it comes to Asia as well.

Asia is a massively diverse continent in terms of ideas, social justice and culture. It's bloody big too.

I think the masks are a sh**e idea. Touring asia is a better yet unrelated idea.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:49:01 PM by briscoetheque »

Achtung40Life

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
Other than Japan, a tour in Asia is a F                                            A                               R                C                     R                   Y