Author Topic: ZOO TV or The Claw?  (Read 2518 times)

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
Re: ZOO TV or The Claw?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:55 PM »
I'll hold my judgement til I see The Claw for myself....but Zoo TV will be hard to top.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
Zoo TV was the first U2 show I ever saw and so will always be timeless in my eyes.  It was at the time a revolutionary presentation of a rock n roll show with the b stage extending into the crowd.  The Claw SEEMS to dwarf the band and does'nt seem to have a THEME like Zoo TV or POP MART.  The Elevation show in an Arena is my ultimate show.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
ZOOTV is honorably credited for changing the whole ball game of what is possible in a stadium show. POPMART took it a few steps further. NIN/Trent Reznor should get major points for his wildly innovative interactive screen. And U2360 well..i guess a stadium show in the round is fairly new?

I haven't seen the show yet but what I think I'm not seeing in the youtube videos is how the Set is the visual equivalent of the album NLOTH. I read an explanation I found/posted earlier here - but I'm not sold yet.

So, far the message I get from the visuals is that we should worship aliens with superior technology. I'd think it pretty funny if Bono and the lads dressed up in Star Trek uniforms. And started the show with the ST theme song and narration 'Space The Final Frontier'....and cut into a message/quote from the Dali Lama talking about how in Buddhism they have explored as much of the inner space as the West has explored the outer space" - paraphrasing. To me that would tie it all together and add a little humor at the same time.  8)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:04:28 PM by Mr. BonorFLYd »

eastlink

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1.  Zoo TV
2.  Popmart
3.  360

Exactly. ZooTV by far. Don't think anybody, even U2 can touch that one.