Author Topic: replies to my posts  (Read 4511 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
replies to my posts
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »
I was off the forum for a month due to illness but I am back and enjoying everyone here. My question: when I reply to a post and then have to get off the computer for the rest of the day, whats the easiest way to find where I replied and find where other people have answered me. I use "show new replies to your posts" but I do not see my post when I click on it. I know its sounds duh....

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: replies to my posts
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
Hey ocean, I am so happy you are feeling better. Perhaps I am not the best person to answer this but  I do believe when you press "show new replies to your posts" it will take you to all the threads that you posted in the last time. You must then look for for your posts or what others may have said to them yourself. In other words, you'll have to browse through the thread. I don't believe there is anything that takes you directly to specific replies to your post there.

I do hope you understand me.  m2, Joe , Hawk or Falling at your Feet may have to come and rescue me here if I am not clear. I just thought I would try to help  ;)  SG

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »
Also, if you look at the blue bar of links above right and below right, you'll see NOTIFY is the second option from the left. Not sure, but I think that sends you an email when new replies are made. The emails might include a link directly to the reply, but I'm not positive. Might be worth a shot.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
Thanks M2 and StrongGirl, I just thought maybe I was doing it a slow way. I will try the notify tab, otherwise I will just scroll threw the threads. Have a great day. :)

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
Ah, I think this answers my question. I was looking for a way to go to the first new post to facilitate viewing replies in a thread you read/posted in, but that doesn't seem to be an option? Some forums remember where you've been last and automatically jump to it, others have something like a small down arrow to jump to the last post read.

Offline whitecanvasshoes

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:35:11 PM »
In my experience, I have enabled notification using the blue tab and it sends  me an email anytime someone posts on that thread, whether it is a reply to my post or not. There is a link in the email and it says which thread the post is on and the forum member that posted it. It does not include the text of the post.

On my computer when I click on the link in the email (even if it is an email for several posts later), it remembers where I last read in that thread and automatically takes me there (isn't technology cool?).

I think Strongirl is right. I don't know of a way to see if they quote and reply to a post of mine or not wiithout looking through the thread.