Poll

Where Should U2 Film The DVD?

One of the last European shows...
24 (30.4%)
American city they have shot a dvd before (Boston, Chicago)
4 (5.1%)
Two-night cities so they have a mulligan on 2nd night (Toronto,NJ)
11 (13.9%)
Washington DC: Obama might be in the audience
4 (5.1%)
Los Angeles: Michael Jackson, LA Lakers and Hollywood
6 (7.6%)
Las Vegas: Surreal city
3 (3.8%)
Raleigh: to make up for the missed Popmart gig
0 (0%)
None of the above: The city I'll watch it in
8 (10.1%)
Wait for the 3rd leg for them to perfect their show...
19 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Where Should U2 Film The DVD?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
Re: Where Should U2 Film The DVD?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No more live DVDs....  not every tour needs a dvd release....

How many friggin' versions of Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Angel of Harlem, Stuck In A Moment, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, MLK, Walk On, Where the Streets Have No Name, One, and With or Without You, do we really need?

If that's the case, why pay for a ticket to go see them live?

Offline rlj1010

• Wanderer
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »

How many friggin' versions of Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Angel of Harlem, Stuck In A Moment, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, MLK, Walk On, Where the Streets Have No Name, One, and With or Without You, do we really need?

If that's the case, why pay for a ticket to go see them live?

So far I haven't bought tickets to the 360 tour.  Too much redundancy.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
Assuming it's Europe which would be ready for Christmas market, then there are really only a few options.

First off, it will more than likely be a city that they play twice, for a two night shoot,so that leaves:
Amsterdam, Dublin, Gothenburg,Zagreb, Wembley

Dublin's definetely out, as it's empty at one end due to standing only Terraces.

I'll go for either Wembley or Amsterdam.

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 10:29:01 PM »
Please no more US dvds. As someone who lives in the US and has seen the band overseas, our audiences (no matter what one says about how "great" their hometown crowd is) are usually too liquored up from their little pre-show parties or just too busy texting and letting everyone know they're at the show, in order to feel important, to put any kind of energy into the show. Just compare Milan's audience to Chicago's "I'm just gonna stand here motionless while they play anything except Sunday bloody Sunday/Streets/BD/Vertigo" attendees. Even the GAs sucked over here last time. Now maybe, if people stopped treating shows as a reason to ingest copious amounts of over-priced beer and use it as a "night out," things would change.

Having attended shows on both continents, I'd have to concur. If you want to hear an exception, listen to the boot from 4/20/01 in San Jose-loudest audience I've ever heard at at U2 show (have seen 17 since 83')

Offline Magnificenthorizon93

• Babyface
  • Magnify .. THE MAGNIFICENT
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 11:54:35 PM »
Well I wish they did it on the second night of Barca, I was there & it was truly AMAZING. Me & My friends have saved up to do a U2 Road Trip, I was there in Milan & Paris, those nights were truly amazing. I doubt they'd wanna do it in Paris because you couldnt hear bono sing thats how electric the crowd was. Since they have done a dvd in Ireland I doubt they do it there. So since I'll be at Wembely I definatley think they should do it there.

WEMBELY
WEMBLEY
When they play @ wembley the footballing chants will be going of because thats the week the PL starts.

mufc

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 05:37:16 AM »

I dunno, how many versions of 'The Unforgettable Fire', 'Ultraviolet', 'No Line on the Horizon', 'Magnificent', 'Unknown Caller', 'Moment of Surrender', 'I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight', 'Get on your boots', 'Electrical Storm' and 'Breathe' do you have already?  :)