Author Topic: U2 Are Reading This...  (Read 5168 times)

Offline BonoBeatle

• Wanderer
  • U2 live are even better than the real thing
U2 Are Reading This...
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:00:28 AM »
Should any of the band members read this thread or if you ever got to meet them in person, what three things would you ask them to improve on regarding tour and next album?? I personally think all bands should read fans forum to get a better insight on ways to improve.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: U2 Are Reading This...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:20:40 AM »
The Edge skims through here (well, he didn't technically mention this site but this is the oldest U2 fan site) and he may skim through all the U2 related threads on this Forum.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:52:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Edge skims through here (well, he didn't technically mention this site but this is the oldest U2 fan site) and he may skim through all the U2 related threads on this Forum.

And we know this insanely interesting information HOW, my good friend Nielsen?

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:01:50 PM »
It's a nice thought, even if they never visit. I wouldn't expect them to, there is a world to attend to out there. I would say "Thanks!"

and a special "I'm crazy about you" to Larry

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »

And we know this insanely interesting information HOW, my good friend Nielsen?

Sorry - my bad: he skim reads U2 forums; I recall hearing this in a UK interview on the radio when doing promotional work for No Line.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:12:48 AM »
I would say:

Greetings Earthlings

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »
Should any of the band members read this thread or if you ever got to meet them in person, what three things would you ask them to improve on regarding tour and next album?? I personally think all bands should read fans forum to get a better insight on ways to improve.

Hi BonoBeatle

well first off I would like to let the band know that we are not a network of people gushing about them from a padded room.......because sometimes we can seem that way.

but on a serious note to answer your question on the improve on tour and next album.  I don't know about improving, however I would love for them to put out an album (I am really really hoping Songs of Assent is this for them) where they do NOT care about selling, promoting, topping charts, breaking records, and everyone liking, but go with their gut and just follow the muse where it takes them.  I know it is hard to be at the level they are at and not be expected to blow everyone away, but sometimes I feel in life less is more.

This is all in my humble opinion of course.

Tour wise.............I feel different, as much as I would DIE for a small venue I know tickets would be ridiculous to get so my chances would be lower of seeing them...............so I say continue to BLOW US AWAY with the outrageous stage tours!!

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »

Hi BonoBeatle

well first off I would like to let the band know that we are not a network of people gushing about them from a padded room.......because sometimes we can seem that way.

but on a serious note to answer your question on the improve on tour and next album.  I don't know about improving, however I would love for them to put out an album (I am really really hoping Songs of Assent is this for them) where they do NOT care about selling, promoting, topping charts, breaking records, and everyone liking, but go with their gut and just follow the muse where it takes them.  I know it is hard to be at the level they are at and not be expected to blow everyone away, but sometimes I feel in life less is more.

Tour wise.............I feel different, as much as I would DIE for a small venue I know tickets would be ridiculous to get so my chances would be lower of seeing them...............so I say continue to BLOW US AWAY with the outrageous stage tours!!

Hehe  :)

I agree with onetreehill  for the album idea where they should just make it for the heck of making music and not worrying about how good its gonna turn out on the charts. I'm sure whatever they do will be amazing.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »

Hi BonoBeatle

Hehe  :)

I agree with onetreehill  for the album idea where they should just make it for the heck of making music and not worrying about how good its gonna turn out on the charts. I'm sure whatever they do will be amazing.

I totally agree with onetree as well!

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
1. You don't have to PopMart redux or anything, but don't be afraid to dip into less well recieved albums. 'Zooropa' and 'Pop' both had a lot of very good songs; you didn't just imagine it when you made them!

2. You made the modern concert with Zoo TV. You don't have to go back to less impressive settings because you're not sure you can top that- stuff like the claw just shows what you're capable of!

3. Please play Discotheque. Please. Please. Please. I know it's big, I know it's tough, but Discotheque's what you should be thinking of.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »
1. You don't have to PopMart redux or anything, but don't be afraid to dip into less well recieved albums. 'Zooropa' and 'Pop' both had a lot of very good songs; you didn't just imagine it when you made them!

2. You made the modern concert with Zoo TV. You don't have to go back to less impressive settings because you're not sure you can top that- stuff like the claw just shows what you're capable of!

3. Please play Discotheque. Please. Please. Please. I know it's big, I know it's tough, but Discotheque's what you should be thinking of.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...........it really seems like it is the song the Claw was built for (from the small amount of images I have sneeked a peek at)

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »

I would tell them to stop treating Pop like the ugly stepchild when it is actually your 2nd strongest album.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 03:09:43 AM »

I love this. Discotheque AND Please references. LOVE IT. ;D

satellitedog01

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »
Yeah, get your rockstar boots back on, get out the swagger, get out the dark shades, give us some rockets and stunts, get cool again.

You can always be tender, inspirational and uplifting midset and afterwards, but give us back our Rock'n'Roll!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
Just keep doing whatever you do, that's what you're best at and that's what we love!