Author Topic: U2 Are Reading This...  (Read 5149 times)

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
Re: U2 Are Reading This...
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »
U2..... please come to the Philippines even just once. we've been waiting for you to do a show here for decades. Philppines loves U2 so very very much with or without The Claw or the television or cars on stage...We love U2!!! please come here....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:22:26 PM by j2736 (i'm not a boy ! ) »

Offline drummer120

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Always wear a safety belt!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1. You don't have to PopMart redux or anything, but don't be afraid to dip into less well recieved albums. 'Zooropa' and 'Pop' both had a lot of very good songs; you didn't just imagine it when you made them!

2. You made the modern concert with Zoo TV. You don't have to go back to less impressive settings because you're not sure you can top that- stuff like the claw just shows what you're capable of!

3. Please play Discotheque. Please. Please. Please. I know it's big, I know it's tough, but Discotheque's what you should be thinking of.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
The Edge skims through here (well, he didn't technically mention this site but this is the oldest U2 fan site) and he may skim through all the U2 related threads on this Forum.

Good LORD.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »
The Edge skims through here (well, he didn't technically mention this site but this is the oldest U2 fan site) and he may skim through all the U2 related threads on this Forum.

Good LORD.

Edgefoot DOWN!!!

Clean up on isle six!!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »
You know that drooling smiley? I can never tell if you girls are drooling or vomiting  :P

Offline THEGREATROBYNIE

• Babyface
  • Ali's one lucky lady, and Bono's one lucky guy!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
I only have one request, and that is PLEASE come to Denver CO to Invesco Mile High Staduim in 2010.  I'm on my knees praying that you will come here, as that is the only way that I'll get to see you, as my husband has been in the Hospital for 2&1/2 months, but improving everyday. By then he will probably be able to see you then too.   Oh yeah just one more request please pray that my husband makes a full recovery, because right now he can only move his hands, and feet, and his legs a little.  I won't go into the story because it's too long, and if U2 does read this, I know you guys are the praying kind.    I just want to thank you, Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam.  For when I was the most down I put in the DVD Go Home Live at Slaine Castle, and listen to Kite, All I want is You, and Streets, and they all gave me the comfort that I needed so badly at the time. 
And I also listen to Grace a lot too.  U2 really knows how to touch a persons heart.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »
Should any of the band members read this thread or if you ever got to meet them in person, what three things would you ask them to improve on regarding tour and next album?? I personally think all bands should read fans forum to get a better insight on ways to improve.

If I could say three things to U2:

1) You can't please everyone, so don't even try.  Please yourselves.  Make music you are passionate about and believe in, and present it in a way that excites you. 

2) Keep throwing a few surprises into the setlist - like it or not You-Tube has changed the ballgame and variety is good.

3) THANK YOU!!!!!