Author Topic: Detailed description of "No Line ..." songs  (Read 35056 times)

Offline domino

• Refugee
Re: Detailed description of "No Line ..." songs
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anybody heard which one will.i.am has worked on? That´s the only thing leavin me sad...

He worked on "Breathe" apparently. taken from the interference link:

I'm also wondering if he worked on Boots 'cause of what's said about it there too.

Formerly titled Sexy Boots this demented electro grunge employs a proto-rockn’roll riff, but propelled into the future, with a hip-hop twist in the middle. Feature bono in flirtacious, self depreciating mode: “I dont wanna talk about wars between nations”

I'll wait to reserve judgment but jsut seeing the words 'hip-hop' kind of makes me want to cringe...

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 02:44:01 PM »
Is it me or is the word 'cringe' being used a lot during these past few days  :P

Offline macmango

• Stateless
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
Is it me or is the word 'cringe' being used a lot during these past few days  :P

There will be no cringing on 3 March, just celebrating.  Have hope!

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 08:04:34 PM »

I'm also wondering if he worked on Boots 'cause of what's said about it there too.

Formerly titled Sexy Boots this demented electro grunge employs a proto-rockn’roll riff, but propelled into the future, with a hip-hop twist in the middle. Feature bono in flirtacious, self depreciating mode: “I dont wanna talk about wars between nations”

I'll wait to reserve judgment but jsut seeing the words 'hip-hop' kind of makes me want to cringe...

Here's a Prediction I'm going to make:

Get On Your Boots will sour through the charts thanks to this hip-hop (shudders...or more likely, cringes at the mention of hip hop) tune and "demented grunge style" and will likely become a teenagers #1 song in their head when they think of U2.  I myself will probably not like it too, too much (kind of a Vertigo instance here, where I don't like parts of the song."  Then when people ask me what's my favorite band and I say U2 they'll think I like that kind of music, while I actually like the "Other U2 songs"----I'll probably love a lot of the other songs on the album, but will dislike parts of its opener which I'm guessing is "Get On Your Boots" due to the past two albums.  Hopefully I will be proved wrong, but that's my prediction.  Anyway, as you can tell, I don't like hip-hop very much...

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »
I'm thrilled to death about the album, but .... I have to say I'm prepared to dislike Get Your Boots On (or Get On Your Boots, which is it?). The title just doesn't do much for me. I ain't feeling it. It's a bit of a mouthful, for some reason (not sleek like Vertigo or Elevation). I hope they don't name the tour after it. That said, I hasten to add I must reserve judgment until I've heard the track, and that u2's worst songs are always 100X better than 99 percent of the rest of contemporary music.  ;)

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 07:22:02 AM »
if the beach clip of 'get on your boots' has stayed the same, then musically it will sound really good....lyrics probably changed....

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »
Has anybody heard which one will.i.am has worked on? That´s the only thing leavin me sad...

He worked on "Breathe" apparently. taken from the interference link:

according to q mag....he is working on 'crazy tonight'

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »
Thanks for sharing...........I am super excited..........I'm even planning to shell out the almost $10 to buy the Q magazine when it finally arrives at Barnes and Noble!!!

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »
Before U2 released Achtung Baby, fans were probably saying, "Club music?!" and cringing.  Before U2 released Pop, fans were probably saying, "Techno?!" and cringing.  Remember, this is one of the best bands in the world at integrating unusual influences into their music.

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »

Here's a Prediction I'm going to make:

Get On Your Boots will sour through the charts thanks to this hip-hop (shudders...or more likely, cringes at the mention of hip hop) tune and "demented grunge style" and will likely become a teenagers #1 song in their head when they think of U2.  I myself will probably not like it too, too much (kind of a Vertigo instance here, where I don't like parts of the song."  Then when people ask me what's my favorite band and I say U2 they'll think I like that kind of music, while I actually like the "Other U2 songs"----I'll probably love a lot of the other songs on the album, but will dislike parts of its opener which I'm guessing is "Get On Your Boots" due to the past two albums.  Hopefully I will be proved wrong, but that's my prediction.  Anyway, as you can tell, I don't like hip-hop very much...

I think I agree with both of you completely there.

Will Be very sad if its true.  :(

Mal

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »
Before U2 released Achtung Baby, fans were probably saying, "Club music?!" and cringing.  Before U2 released Pop, fans were probably saying, "Techno?!" and cringing.  Remember, this is one of the best bands in the world at integrating unusual influences into their music.

Yes, they would make even hip hop sound uber cool.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »

Yeah, I think U2 could pull off having a hip-hoppish tune.

Duran Duran worried me when I heard they were working with Timbaland. *shudder* But, my love for them surpassed my hate for rap and it actually was quite a good album.

Offline Igottogo

• Babyface
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »
I apologize if someone already said this.  I think if anything this is a sign that this going to be a double album or one released in stores and the other digitally!  They listed what, 11 songs in the Q article?  And this after they decided to go back and do more!

Exciting stuff! ;D

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »

Yeah, I think U2 could pull off having a hip-hoppish tune.

Duran Duran worried me when I heard they were working with Timbaland. *shudder* But, my love for them surpassed my hate for rap and it actually was quite a good album.

They're probably only gonna have a 10-20 second hip hop bit anyway.

Offline DecemberStar (The Mysterious Girl)

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Give me one more chance, and you'll be satisfied.
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
I so cannot wait for this to come out *getsallhyper*