Author Topic: STAY!!!!!!!!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
STAY!!!!!!!!
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
excuse the pun here but this HAS to stay in the set list!!!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
Re: STAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
I concur!  Just read it, and it has my heart pounding.   ;)

Achtung40Life

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
Thanks for spoiling it form me, you should have wrote 'spoiler alert' in the topic. One of my favorite U2 songs that I was looking forward to being utterly shocked if they play, so thanks a great deal for that. But now that I know, was it acoustic or electric?

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
Acoustic.
Thread should definitely be marked spoiler, but then again if you don't want stuff spoiled, don't look at the tour section =P

-Nick

Achtung40Life

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Acoustic.
Thread should definitely be marked spoiler, but then again if you don't want stuff spoiled, don't look at the tour section =P

-Nick

Sorry man, I'm in a bad mood. I'm only going to argue because I think I'm right, so here it goes (nothing against you The Chief): The tour section is where people go to discuss tour information. Anything related to the tour: The setlist is one of the many things people could talk about, others could be the stage, sharing photos of U2 live, talking about how Bono's voice is holding up, reading and sharing tour experiences, etc. The list is honestly endless, and I clicked on this topic in particular because Stay is probably my 3rd favorite song ever, and any discussion about it interests me (as there have been other non spoiling Stay discussions lately) Once again, no hard feelings Nick, I'm not myself today. Oh and PS, how about that performance of Ultraviolet in Nice. Amazing.

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
Sorry man, I'm in a bad mood. I'm only going to argue because I think I'm right, so here it goes (nothing against you The Chief): The tour section is where people go to discuss tour information. Anything related to the tour: The setlist is one of the many things people could talk about, others could be the stage, sharing photos of U2 live, talking about how Bono's voice is holding up, reading and sharing tour experiences, etc. The list is honestly endless, and I clicked on this topic in particular because Stay is probably my 3rd favorite song ever, and any discussion about it interests me (as there have been other non spoiling Stay discussions lately) Once again, no hard feelings Nick, I'm not myself today. Oh and PS, how about that performance of Ultraviolet in Nice. Amazing.

Fair enough, Achtung. I was mostly pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised if this (spoilers not marked as such) happens, because it doubtlessly will happen over the course of the tour. It's not right, but it'll happen :(
By the way, thumbs up to you on your strength of will, not looking at setlists. I could never do that! My show is in Vancouver BC, the last date of the North American leg... so long to wait without peaking at setlists  :P When's your show(s)?

-Nick

Offline DulmoU2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW HELL YEAH! nice litte surprise wasnt it?

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »
Thanks for spoiling it form me, you should have wrote 'spoiler alert' in the topic. One of my favorite U2 songs that I was looking forward to being utterly shocked if they play, so thanks a great deal for that. But now that I know, was it acoustic or electric?

sorry im new here....and cheer up...STAY IS IN THE SET!!!!

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 12:03:21 AM »

It's really not that big of a deal.  Are you seriously going to not look at a setlist?  There's going to be people sitting next to you at the concert discussing what songs are coming up next man.  You'll have worked so hard to keep it a "surprise" and it will be spoiled for you anyway.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:09:41 AM by SaintMike »

Offline Kiopelus

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »

Here's a recent video of them playing Stay in Berlin:

Achtung40Life

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »
Well I looked at the first 2 nights in Barcelona, but I've decided if I keep on looking it will be spoiled. I don't want to know what song is coming up. Of course I know they're going to play With or Without You, Streets, open with Breathe, Angel of Harlem, close with Moment. I know all the cards, but I just wanted to surprise myself with a wild card, such as Stay or another song that has only made a couple of appearances. But I'm over it either way because Stay will never be a staple so I'm going to be surprised no matter what.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
As we have seen.....nothing from the middle of the setlist is permanent.....that is where the "shuffle" of songs is and that's where Stay was done........it's all about luck.........right  show, right night.......

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
Acoustic is easy.  What about a full band performance.  There is so much going on in this song.  I'm looking forward to the Remastered 'Zooropa' release next year.

Offline in_eden

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »
But was it played in Berlin... where the video was shot... and it was written for Wim Wenders... hopefully it becomes a regular. But you may not see it very often.
:(

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »
They're unlikely to bring out a song to play only once on a Stadium Tour though- too much ork involved.