Author Topic: New possible release date  (Read 20924 times)

Offline Caleb8844

• Babyface
New possible release date
« on: October 16, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
I forget what site was reporting it, but someone was reporting that U2's new album will be released in early March, and the best part is....... IT'S A DOUBLE ALBUM :o!!! I was still holding out hope that it would be released in January or February, but if it really is a double album, I'd be cool with waiting a little longer.

mariamontreal

Re: New possible release date
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
Where did you hear that ? That would be great if it is a double album . ::)

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I forget what site was reporting it, but someone was reporting that U2's new album will be released in early March, and the best part is....... IT'S A DOUBLE ALBUM :o!!! I was still holding out hope that it would be released in January or February, but if it really is a double album, I'd be cool with waiting a little longer.

that would be great!!
but I sincerely doubt that their next album could be double!!! My guess is that we'll be getting loads of b-sides along with the singles...
and they better release the album earlier!! March is way too far away!!!

Offline Caleb8844

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »
I heard this rumor on a Dutch site. Apparently they are generally right when it comes to this kind of thing. As for the double album, as someone pointed out on another forum, Danny Lanois said he was mixing half of the album. The only way that would make sense is if he was mixing one disk of a double album. The Dutch site is also selling pre-orders of the album for $19.99.

silvrlvr

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »

Can you please try to track down a link so that we can check it out? Other sites consider AtU2 to be an expert source on U2, and if you start a rumor like this, it's going to travel.

I checked out the "pre-order" rumor, and all I could find was that HMV had (emphasis on HAD) taken pre-orders for "No Line On The Horizon" when it was due Nov. 18, but is no longer accepting them. There is no other site accepting pre-orders for a 2009 release that I could find through a Google search.

Offline Caleb8844

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
Here's the link : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
   It says it is being released 1/3/09, which either means Jan 3rd. of March 1st. I don't speak Dutch, but someone on another forum who I assume does speak it said that somewhere it says it is a double album.

Offline matam

• Wanderer
  • Sing your heart out......
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Double album !!!!  :o  that would be great, but ....Maaaarch !!!!  >:(   I don't want to wait that looong.  Although I'm not so sure whether that source is reliable.

Offline Alex

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »
Do.....du....bla.....gah! Can't fully grasp the implications of a ....2 cd album  :o :o :o

I mean.....2 cd :o *faints*

March is ok though, as long as they kick the tour in early july :D

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:17 AM »
A possible Double Album. Man that would be so cool. U2 are at a stage now were they can really start experimenting. (Not doing it for just money as an example). Not that they do. ;)

As long as the quality is top noch I am happy. I have faith. 

Offline Starrlight

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:00:01 PM »
For a double I could stand the wait.

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »
Yeah it would be worth the wait for a double album.  Someone told me they heard the tour would start in July/August, that would fit in with a March release.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
The word "Aantal" means number, as in, number of discs, so it's saying it's a one cd album not a double CD.

Hower it's always possible it's a long album, like R & H was.

The bottom line is no one really knows for sure at this point, it's one rumour after another.

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »
It should really be a double. They have been working on the new CD for about two years now. When I say double, I mean 20 quality songs. This would constitue a double in the days of vinyl.

They said they scrapped most of the stuff they did with Rick Rubin. I can't beleive that, I mean they worked with him for nearly a year and kept saying the sessions were going well. They have now been working with Lanois and Eno for a year and have said they have 50 -60 songs to choose from. Releasing a single album and then just putting out sub standard B sides out won't be good enough.

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »
It should really be a double. They have been working on the new CD for about two years now. When I say double, I mean 20 quality songs. This would constitue a double in the days of vinyl.

They said they scrapped most of the stuff they did with Rick Rubin. I can't beleive that, I mean they worked with him for nearly a year and kept saying the sessions were going well. They have now been working with Lanois and Eno for a year and have said they have 50 -60 songs to choose from. Releasing a single album and then just putting out sub standard B sides out won't be good enough.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a double album. U2 is famous for scrapping tons of material they worked really hard on only to start all over again. After the one- two punch of Achtung and Zooropa, I don't see anything like that output being done again. We had to wait 4 years after Zooropa for POP. ATYCLB was quite a wait too. After the Elevation tour Bono said they had written enough songs for a new album already. Only to have scrapped everything and make us wait for another 4 plus years. As soon as they came off the Vertigo tour he said the same thing. U2 has been working on this album off and on for more than two years. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they scratched all their efforts and pushed the release date back again.

Don't get me wrong, I would more than welcome a double album. But the Oracle says "Not Likely".

Offline coolbluereason

• Refugee
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
Ooh, i would love a double album! i think it's highly unlikely though, so i'm not going to get my hopes up.

As for the release date, they keep pushing it back. October, November, February and now March? come on guys make up your mind! is it finished or even close to being finished?!?

~A~