Author Topic: New possible release date  (Read 20923 times)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
Re: New possible release date
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
February/March- wonderful!
Double album-- I find hard to believe.  Nice idea, but.........
Might want to check more sources before this rumor goes too far.
I still stand by the fact that the last tour ended in 2006 and they are right on time.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 02:19:37 AM »
on the national radio station over here in the uk,they have mentioned the new u2 album a few times and that they are expecting it in spring of 2009 ,which would tie in with what has been said in this thread !

Offline drewbee

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 02:52:01 AM »
If it's not gonna be a double - which doesn't seem likely, at least make it 15-16 songs instead. Over 70 minutes of music sounds good to me.

With the comment about "mixing half the album", maybe another person is mixing the other half instead, like Steve Lillywhite or Brian Eno. I keep thinking for making an impact early in the year to be January 1 2009. Imagine the first week of 2009, you have new U2 music. Sounds good to me.

Offline thijst

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 05:19:24 AM »
Well I am Dutch and there is nothing on that page that even remotely hints at a double album. On the contrary, even ... the number "1" behind "aantal" claims there will be 1 CD. Check RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium" for instance. This is a double album, and the number behin "aantal" is 2:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
What happened with the Rick Rubin period ? They made a bold move, got in a new producer in and made statements about going into a new direction. Then made statements about how well things were going. But then sacked Rubin after a year and got back with Eno and Lanois. If the year spent with Rick Rubin did'nt produce anything it must be because they were'nt trying hard enough. It's doubtful that Rubin was too weird as he is not known for that. Why wait a year before deciding things were'nt working ?

If they have produced 60 odd songs as Bono recently claimed, but only release a single CD, does that mean the other 48 songs were no good ?

I can't see the new CD being much different to the last couple. It's the same production team, it's once again taking ages to finish etc. A different direction CD would be spending a couple of months writing, recording and releasing a Zooropa like CD, or releasing a double CD. Or not touring for a few years so they can record dozens of new songs, just like the Beatles did between 1966-1970.

Offline Caleb8844

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
Well I am Dutch and there is nothing on that page that even remotely hints at a double album. On the contrary, even ... the number "1" behind "aantal" claims there will be 1 CD. Check RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium" for instance. This is a double album, and the number behin "aantal" is 2:

Oh.... someone on another forum said that the article said it would be a double. Crap, I got my hopes up for nothing :(

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
Caleb et al:

a quick check on date format on the Dutch site confirms it means March, not January

Offline Schipper-ahoy

• Babyface
  • Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »
I have to dissapoint you all...

the website (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) DOES notice when it's a double-cd like the boy-remaster.
Unfortunality, it says that the new album is a single album. They can be wrong, but it's not true that it is going to be a double-cd

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »
Hahah won't all the 'U2 dont care about their fans, they arent recording, they are off living the high life, they should be doing what I want them to do' fans be eating their words if a double album came out ;D!

Offline Alex

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 02:34:30 AM »
B..B..But a double cd sounded so sexy  :'(

Who knows maybe someone working with the band sees this topic and decides 'Hey I should tell them about this awesome 2 cd idea...'

:D

InThisHeartland

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
yeah i wish it would be 2cd, but the website has the word "dubbel" with all the cds that are double discs, (remasters, etc) and it is not with the new cd. plus there is a price difference between the listed new album and the double disc albums. maybe they will make a R&H type, long cd. we can all hope that they will make it longer than the standard 12 track cd, though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:43:26 PM by InThisHeartland »

Offline HBK-79

• Babyface
  • I listen thru your ears...Thru your eyes I can see
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 11:20:01 AM »
Awesome.

This will be the first time that U2 released a record in the spring since...well...Pop. :P

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »
I think the news of an album party in Halfmoon Bay is a pretty strong indication that the album release is coming REALLY SOON!  YAY!   :D  As for db album... I'd doubt that, and I'd prefer a strong one disk album. 

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
Hey P8!
Looks promising, but it was actually a corporate meeting/party for Elevation Partners.

Offline binary_code

• Stateless
  • Wanna be the song that you hear in your head
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »
March?? Is the album ever going to be finished? Or maybe they enjoy making this album so much that that's what they want to continue doing for the next 10 years..!
Since I'm a fairly new fan (since 2005), this will, for me, be the first new U2 album I experience, ever! And I feel like I really have to dig deep for my patience now.. It better be good (which I'm pretty darn sure it is already!)

As for the Bono quote that 50-60 new songs have been recorded -that isn't necessary 50 independent songs, you think? It might as well be plenty of the likes of Native Son and Vertigo, which is approximately the same thing.
Anyway, they ought to be having more than enough material now, for a ... :-X double album...