Poll

Which "RARELY / NEVER BEEN PLAYED LIVE" 90s album or b-side song do you want on the 360 set list?

Acrobat
36 (52.2%)
So Cruel
6 (8.7%)
Zooropa
12 (17.4%)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
1 (1.4%)
Playboy Mansion
3 (4.3%)
Lady With A Spinning Head
7 (10.1%)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Remix)
1 (1.4%)
Your Blue Room
1 (1.4%)
North And South Of The River
2 (2.9%)
Salome
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: August 06, 2009, 02:55:12 PM

Author Topic: Which "RARE /NEVER BEEN PLAYED LIVE" 90s song do you want on the 360 set list?  (Read 5560 times)

Offline carvertronic

• Babyface
  • ...flowers in the mud baby
This is a poll for any 90s U2 album or b-side song that has "NEVER BEEN PLAYED ON TOUR IN REGULAR ROTATION"for a set list.
U2gigs.com has been used as a reference.  Suggestions are welcome with reference.  

The top two songs will be marketed in various ways until the band adds at least one to regular set list rotation for 360 or on.  I am 310% committed to seeing this through, but of course I can't do it alone.  

You 90s fans, you know who you are and I have read your threads.    Do more than just post or vote.  Please email me at carvertronic@hotmail.com subject REAL ACTION 360.  Details coming.  

Simple Outline:

1.Poll
2.Tour Dates Sign Up
3.Market Method
4.Simple Work

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:13:09 PM by carvertronic »

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
I voted Zooropa....I thought it'd been done (rare) before though....

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Zooropa, DEFINITELY! It's really the only one of these I'd absoloutely love to see.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes it was performed a few times on the Zooropa tour in '93.  I'd like to hear 'don't let the bastards grind you down'.

Offline Chas

• Refugee
Out of those...Acrobat.

Offline Bonoffee

• Acrobat
  • Excise is a small price to pay for bliss.
ACROBAT!!!

Boom Cha!

The Playboy Mansion

Offline Vervefloyd

• Refugee
so cruel was played acoustic a couple of times on zoo tv.  i actually liked that version a lot.  north and south of the river was played once on a television show i believe.  great version from what i remember.

it has to be acrobat though.  hell even ive played acrobat during one of my shows a few years back.  it works so well as an acoustic piece.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Acrobat!

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"

Yes it was performed a few times on the Zooropa tour in '93.  I'd like to hear 'don't let the bastards grind you down'.

I would vote Zooropa also.  Are you sure it has been played live?  If so, that is news to me. :o

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
Just checked it out, they played it live 3 times in 93'.  I can't believe that I did not know that. Zooropa is in my top 5 U2 songs ever!

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
I voted for Zooropa

I would LOVE to hear Acrobat live... but Zooropa 
1) I just plain want to experience this live, it could be epic 
2) It fits in with the NLOTH songs FAR better than any of the other songs
3) I think Acrobat is a bad fit.  EVERY song on this tour has this grey area feeling - By this I mean that every song has a bit of dark and a bit of light, and they all seam to live, or at least be performed, in that grey area where black and white meet.  It is about an area of choice where the world around is dark and we have a choice to sink into darkness or lift ourselves up and find ways to bring light to ourselves or the world around us.  Even Pride (which would seem purely uplifting) still contains lyrics of possibly being on the edge of despair - they took your life ... they could not take your Pride.  There is still loss, and sadness there, but again it is turned into something uplifting and powerful.  A pure straight happy lyric would just mention the Pride part. 

With Acrobat, I think one of the main reason they dont play it, is that is is extremely dark and negative.  With a dark song like Thy Fly, at least there is a playfulness to the character, and the fact that it is a character eases its darkness.  Acrobat, is all dark, bitter, and full of accusation, judgment and disdain.  IN general U2 shows are about community, uplift, motivation, and making the wrold and each other better.  Its an audacious goal for a rock concert, but it is what U2 is about... this is even more true on 360.  The song selection is even more focused on the idea of potential in a chaotic and messed up world.  Acrobat is just too dark and cynical.

In one of Willie Williams Diary entries, he mentions that U2 (not just the 4 members of the band, but all the main contributors to the show) had a huge debate and back and forth over the inclusion of Drowning Man.  They ALL REALLY wanted it to work, but he mentioned that the mood was taken so low that it was too hard to come out of.  I feel the same may be true for Acrobat

Offline DulmoU2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
Acrobat....its a no-brainer really....!

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
mbeano, you comment makes mucho sense, but oh man, acrobat would just plain rock the concert. No competition. At all. I love your blue room too, and I almost voted for it, but acrobat would be better live.

Offline alanr79

• Refugee
  • Laugher is eternity if the joy is real!
has to be Acrobat!! Love that tune...sucks that it has never been played live.

If the band are reading this:

PLAY

ACROBAT

(I.E The Nielsen method - seems to work)