Author Topic: Red Wire  (Read 3347 times)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
Red Wire
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »
I tried to set up my account for the free gift and it keeps telling me to put in my password and even though I verify it correctly, all needed info is correct, etc.. it just keeps saying 'oops'!!! Can't redeem the gift.  oh OOPS- what a royal pain in the oops!  Anyone have any ideas?
What could I be doing wrong?

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Red Wire
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »
No idea i can download and if i see another oops I'll explode!!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »
It won't even let me start!!!  oops is now officially a four letter word.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
1) It only works for USA & UK subscribers, and
2) the login is RIDICULOUS!   >:(    I've had the same the same problem(s).
It'll show - "wrong password" or "wrong User ID", when info is correctly entered & even if reset. 

I emailed the 'contact us' and they said they're "having problems with the software" and hope to fix it in future. 
They said to re-register with a different email addy but that didn't work either. 

Go figure.  Not a great beginning for (RED)'s music 'service'. 

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
I am in the US.  I finally got into it.  After working on computers all day at work  this is actually frustrating to use.  Nice concept but not user friendly.  Right now I do not have the patience to try to download anything.  All this is doing is making me upset.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 02:23:53 AM »
I'm in the UK and its doing my head in!! I've not downloaded anything either because I have no idea if its working or not. It says to wait and that it could take up to 15 mins to download - well tried and no progress showing which says either I'm doing something horribly wrong (possible) or its er PANTS! And if I see another OOPS......

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 05:52:01 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with this site .Thought it was just my awful computer skills . managed to download the page but can't get the programme to download to i-tunes to work at all.So can play the songs but struggling to put them on i-tunes ?

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
I hope they get it working correctly-- soon! I've volunteered on planning and organizing 'charitable efforts' and things need to be made really easy for people.  Call it the typical short attention span of the public in general, but they have a captive, willing audience right now, however the more glitches there are the less likely people will stick around.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope they get it working correctly-- soon! I've volunteered on planning and organizing 'charitable efforts' and things need to be made really easy for people.  Call it the typical short attention span of the public in general, but they have a captive, willing audience right now, however the more glitches there are the less likely people will stick around.

You are exactly right and right now I am one of those people.  I paid for three months of the subscription and have not been able to download a single issue.  I have emailed them a couple of times, the first reply seemed like a generic reply and that they didn't even read what my issue was.  I have since responded and have not yet received anything back.  I kind of wish I could get my money back but they do not do refunds.  I feel bad saying that, I need to remind myself that the money was for a good cause and not so I could get this on-line subscription, but I am really mad and would rather just donate my money to something else.  I would have been fine if they asked for a donation and didn't "promise" this really cool looking on-line magazine.  Oh well, we will see what happens.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »
said it was having problems with downloading the player when i tried

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »
I've just given up on it; the software that suppose to convert the music into iPod format said "it stopped suddenly".

I can't even find the music files - in my opinion this is just a complete failure  >:(

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »
Wow, that's TERRIBLE!  Sorry to hear your woes Bonogirl, and for a PAID subscription is brutal. 
Donating to charity is all good and fine normally but not with that particular set up.  When you propose to "sell" and market anything, you must be able to deliver the goods.    I sure hope you hear from them soon, and get your downloads.  I signed up to try it out  (the free two downloads) but I've given up, like others here.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 07:37:22 AM »
Do you gyus have the url?

Because you could go to Zamzar.com and convert the files into ipod and download them from there?

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
After sending them a not quite so nice email I got a response from a real person (and not a generic reply) and they instructed me to navigate to my Documents folder and delete the REDwire folder and then got through the download process again.  I followed the instructions and it worked, I was finally able to get my first 2 subscriptions.  I then felt bad for not being so nice so I replied back to them and thanked them for their help and apologized for getting frustrated.  So this morning I received an email back thanking me for my feedback and my patience.  So, I'm happy now to have it and for those of you who haven't been able to get any issues since signing up, maybe these steps will help you as well.