Author Topic: SPOILER - The Song that needs Macphisto!  (Read 983 times)

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
SPOILER - The Song that needs Macphisto!
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:48:47 AM »
Alright, I'll start off by admitting that I have not attended a single gig of the U2360 tour. That said, I've been keeping myself updated with the excellent videos posted by U2006com, and one thing struck me as I was watching Bono sing Ultraviolet. The song somehow seemed oddly empty without silky weariness of Macphisto. Does anyone else get what I mean? I agree with the people who's been saying that Bono's voice is the best it's been in ages, but someone this song requires more than just full-out belting. It requires the exhausted lover-tone that only Macphisto can give! Who's with me?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:02:44 PM by StrongGirl »

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Ultraviolet(Light My Way) Needs Macphisto!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:16:09 AM »
Macphisto was soo 1990s :P

Plus it means we Bono acting 27 again. No thanks; it requires an exhausted lover-tone maybe but I like the way they are performing it now - not sounding like the past and the song adapting to the Bono of today.

Offline bachor

• Wanderer
Re: Ultraviolet(Light My Way) Needs Macphisto!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »
that's funny, since I remember the best Ultraviolets being performed in 1992, pre-MacPhisto. ;)

let the dead rest, I'm not a fan of any of those characters to begin with, but it'd be plain silly to bring them back now.