Author Topic: why was bono crying after streets??  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Dfit00

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Sing for your sanity
Re: why was bono crying after streets??
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
Maybe because the tour has made them over $100 million gross in ticket sales...  :P

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok these shows are emotional? so i should sell my tickets now? i dont want to go to a rock show to cry i want to be entertained and happy!!

You go through the entire spectrum of emotions.  :)   >:(   :(   :-[  ???   :-*

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
What this band's music has meant to me and seeing a concert after 22 years- you are darn right I am going to cry. It 's waterproof mascara all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I believe Bono may have also been crying because he was thinking of his father. He may have had thoughts of the night he played a concert there just after he lost him. That anniversary date is coming up. Just a guess  but I truly believe that was part of it.

Offline jralex12

• Refugee
  • just because i rock doesnt mean im made of stone
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »
should i be under the presumption that the majority of U2's fan base is consisted of women?? seriously ive seen 2 post 9/11 concerts and the list of names was touching but i didnt cry! i'll admit i got misty when i saw the music video for sometimes you cant make it on your own with bono walking by himself all bundled up but seriously i dont want to cry at a concert! im sure the visuals are overwhelming but not to the point where my eyes water...doesnt mean im any less of a fan than any of you so please dont tell me to find another band thats just rude...like i was serious when i said i should sell my tickets...nothing is keeping me from those shows except an act of god

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 11:35:37 PM »
.like i was serious when i said i should sell my tickets...nothing is keeping me from those shows except an act of god

Jests like the "should I just sell my tickets one" don't translate well through text, I'm sorry that I misinterpreted.
I think the shows will touch some people more than others. I doubt I will cry, and I doubt my wife will, but I think my brother is more likely to. It depends on the intensity of the show and where it hits you. Either way it'll still be a damn good rock show.

-Nick

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 03:11:17 AM »
should i be under the presumption that the majority of U2's fan base is consisted of women?? seriously ive seen 2 post 9/11 concerts and the list of names was touching but i didnt cry! i'll admit i got misty when i saw the music video for sometimes you cant make it on your own with bono walking by himself all bundled up but seriously i dont want to cry at a concert! im sure the visuals are overwhelming but not to the point where my eyes water...doesnt mean im any less of a fan than any of you so please dont tell me to find another band thats just rude...like i was serious when i said i should sell my tickets...nothing is keeping me from those shows except an act of god

Why are you assuming everyone's a female fan or that only women cry at the shows? Bono himself is clearly not female.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 07:23:29 AM »
I didn't see him crying, and it was chucking down with rain at that point in the set, if I remember correctly..

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »
ok these shows are emotional? so i should sell my tickets now? i dont want to go to a rock show to cry i want to be entertained and happy!!

sometimes people cry because they're happy. duh?!  ::)

Offline chadp123

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 08:53:17 AM »
i just watched the 7/24 and 7/25 performances on youtube and don't see bono crying.  what date did this occur?

Offline Dfit00

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Sing for your sanity
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
Well maybe he wasn't crying... perhaps he could have gotten some pepper into his eyes.  :P

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
the burrito he ate wasn't sitting so well w/him...but he channeled his pain by singing 'how long to sing this song.'.

Offline hernandezhennessey

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
The first time I saw them in Miami 2005 I cried almost the entire concert. the thing is that I did not realize it.  I was so overwhelmed by the entire thing that my body expressed itself with voice and movement and tears. They were involuntary. Well maybe in "Sometimes" my tears were more conscious since I had just lost my mom to cancer 4 months before this. But well thats another thing..

I was in Dublin for the 3 concerts and I can tell you they were very emotional. On monday after "Stay" Bono could not start the next song we were singing so hard. On Friday BAD was an almost religious experience. On saturday it started raining and the atmosphere was just magical. This is beyond music, this is emotions and connection to a part of yourself that is otherwise shut down... Thats how I see it anyway

Offline evilways811

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »
I'll probably get all teary eyed once Ultraviolet starts playing at my show, probably because I never, in my 20 years as a fan expected to finally go see them live, with my best friends and much less see them play Ultraviolet live.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
If I hear another weak version of With or Without You, I will cry.

;)

Offline followeru2

• Wanderer
  • long time fan from Brazil
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »
I was in Dublin for the 3 concerts and I can tell you they were very emotional. On monday after "Stay" Bono could not start the next song we were singing so hard. On Friday BAD was an almost religious experience. On saturday it started raining and the atmosphere was just magical. This is beyond music, this is emotions and connection to a part of yourself that is otherwise shut down... Thats how I see it anyway

I was there in Dublin too, got to see the three concerts. The last one was the most emotional IMO. Bono got choked at the end of Beautiful Day when he added some bits of My Hometown, and he clearly cried towards the end of Moment of Surrender, just check the audio of that song from "I was speeding on the subway" verses on, he puts some effort to actually sing the lyrics. Last concert in his hometown with a huge response from the crowd, guess it was too much for him.

MT