Author Topic: Wow Wow Wow  (Read 1512 times)

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
Wow Wow Wow
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:20:56 AM »
I have been looking at the youtube footage, listened to the bootlegs and have now attended the first of my 360 concerts (dublin on Saturday)

I have to say, that the claw is absolutely awesone, the sound is a sgood as i've heard in a stadium, the set list love it or loathe it works, every single song flows and whilst we all have ideas on how to make it better, i think it's pretty good.

i was amazed at the show (I have been to every tour since the unforgettable fire) and was by far the best outdoor U2 gig i have ever been to, Rome was special but the sheer scale of this was a wow...just check out the video for i'll go crazy.

Anyone looking forward to the gigs, you will not be disappointed.

just one thought, where were all the irish fans on saturday, it really was a league of nations, Chile, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Italy, Uk etc....of fans, i didn't hear one irish accent in the lane for the pit

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
Re: Wow Wow Wow
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't there but so far it seems like the fans in Milan Italy were crazier. Some of the clips I've seen at Crooke Park show many fans on the stands just stanting there.

I guess I can't really fully judge since I wasn't there though.

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just one thought, where were all the irish fans on saturday, it really was a league of nations, Chile, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Italy, Uk etc....of fans, i didn't hear one irish accent in the lane for the pit

Someone I was chatting to in the GA queue on Sunday said that a student did a survey of Friday's GA queue. Of the first 1000 people only 26 were Irish. And I would guess it would have been similar for Saturday too.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't there but so far it seems like the fans in Milan Italy were crazier. Some of the clips I've seen at Crooke Park show many fans on the stands just stanting there.

I guess I can't really fully judge since I wasn't there though.
I was at the Saturday and Monday shows, and you're right the atomsphere was good but not brilliant as I expected at the hometown shows. I was in GA about 10-20 metres from the outer walkway both nights ans was amazed to see the majority of the crowd around me not know the new songs except Boots of course and also were oblivious to many others like Walk On,Ultraviolet, Bad, Stay. The atompshere was a bit flat  really and I won't be going back to Dublin in a hurry, Amsterdam and Milan sound like the shows to be at.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
On Monday, Bono asked how many of the people in the pit were from abroad and they basically all screamed and waved their hands- he actually said "It can't be!"

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 05:07:48 AM »
On Monday, Bono asked how many of the people in the pit were from abroad and they basically all screamed and waved their hands- he actually said "It can't be!"

That was brilliant! Monday night was a fantastic show. Great setlist as well.

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:09 AM »
anyone notice Bono's voice seemed strained on night 3 in Dublin?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:19:44 AM »
I didn't, but then I was belting along to the words of every song myself, so it's possible I mightn't have noticed it.

Offline Trillian

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:34 AM »

Someone I was chatting to in the GA queue on Sunday said that a student did a survey of Friday's GA queue. Of the first 1000 people only 26 were Irish. And I would guess it would have been similar for Saturday too.

Really? I don't remember that survey - the number may need to be bumped up to 29 as myself and my two companions are also Irish and we were in the queue for the pit! I think it added a nice touch of diversity, although it would have been good to be better represented. Still, it was a fantastic night and everyone in our area went mad from the word 'go'. I was surprised to find out that, when I mentioned the great call-and-response portion of "Crazy Tonight" to a friend who'd been further back, they said that no-one was doing it where they were standing. I suppose the atmosphere must be different in different areas of the stadium, but I'd say the pit was the place to be that night - just incredible!