Author Topic: GA advice  (Read 2195 times)

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
GA advice
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:39 AM »
If this has been posted before- sorry. I am sure it has. BUT:
Could any of you GA officianatos please post any advice you may have for the NA shows. There are those of us who will be newbies when it comes to standing in the GA line. Also some advice about how to proceed once inside?
thanks!!!

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
Re: GA advice
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If this has been posted before- sorry. I am sure it has. BUT:
Could any of you GA officianatos please post any advice you may have for the NA shows. There are those of us who will be newbies when it comes to standing in the GA line. Also some advice about how to proceed once inside?
thanks!!!

I'm interested too.  I'll be in the GA line for Atlanta and I wouldn't think that I'd need to be there sooner than 4PM to be assured of a spot in the "heart" seeing as A) it's Atlanta - which doesn't get fired up for ANYTHING and B) it's a workday.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:45:11 AM »
I went to Dublin 1 with GA tickets, got there at 10am, queued for around 7 hours outside. Got in the inner circle which was amazing there's plenty of room in there

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »
For Oakland 1 on the Vertigo tour, I got there around 9 am, and I was 3 people back from the 'catwalk'.  I was only the 108 person in line. 
(I did get a lovely tan that day while in line.)
I plan on being @ the venue for 8-9 am for the shows I am seeing in Oct.

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:58:33 AM »
I'd be curious about some advice as well.  I was in the elipse front row center for Vertigo for one show, and I'll never forget it.  However looking at this stage, it appears to be awfully high and it appears that maybe being 20 feet back would be a better visual???   

What do you all think?  Maybe outside the elipse is a good place?

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
It's all about queuing if you want to get into the pit (or 'inner circle' as people call it here). I queued from 12pm to get in for Dublin 3, ended up about 2.5m in front of Edge. You'll need to figure out what time you'll need to be there for the city you're going to. Also, when the gates are open one must get there as fast as possible, and decide quickly where you want to stand as soon as you get in, then don't abandon that spot. Bring a packed lunch, and suncream & a raincoat.

And your ticket ;)

If you don't care about being in the pit then show up when the gates open or around the support act, most people don't show up until nearer the time when U2 come on, so if you're there around then you should be near to the outer walkway.

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
For Oakland 1 on the Vertigo tour, I got there around 9 am, and I was 3 people back from the 'catwalk'.  I was only the 108 person in line. 

The stadium shows have tons more room in the "heart" than the arena shows did.  If you're going on a workday I doubt you'd have to be there before 2PM (barring Chicago first show and NYC and Boston 1st shows).

Offline chadp123

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »

The stadium shows have tons more room in the "heart" than the arena shows did.  If you're going on a workday I doubt you'd have to be there before 2PM (barring Chicago first show and NYC and Boston 1st shows).

it's all relative though.  stadium heart is bigger than arena heart, but there are also many more people in GA at a stadium show than at an arena show.  percentage of GA making it into the heart at a stadium show vs an arena show is probably the same.

Achtung40Life

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
I have a question: My flight gets into Chicago at 11:30, and I can get to Soldier Field by 1:30, how big should I expect the lines to be. Any chance of getting in the inner ring? Thanks.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »
I have a question: My flight gets into Chicago at 11:30, and I can get to Soldier Field by 1:30, how big should I expect the lines to be. Any chance of getting in the inner ring? Thanks.

It's hard to say, obviously.  Is this Chicago 1 or 2?  Judging by the European shows, night 1's line is always longer than night 2.

Also with Chicago it being the first night of the N.Am leg I imagine it will be crazier.

Achtung40Life

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »

It's hard to say, obviously.  Is this Chicago 1 or 2?  Judging by the European shows, night 1's line is always longer than night 2.

Also with Chicago it being the first night of the N.Am leg I imagine it will be crazier.

It's Chicago 1. I couldn't imagine more than 3,000 people waiting outside of the stadium. Even if I don't get in the ring, I think I'l be able to find a god spot. Edge's side or Clayton's side?

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
It's Chicago 1. I couldn't imagine more than 3,000 people waiting outside of the stadium. Even if I don't get in the ring, I think I'l be able to find a god spot. Edge's side or Clayton's side?

The Edge side will be completely taken over by the OLC.  Better go to Clayton's side....  :D :D :D :D :D

Achtung40Life

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

The Edge side will be completely taken over by the OLC.  Better go to Clayton's side....  :D :D :D :D :D

Or how bout the middle...

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
  • beaten and blown by the wind
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
anyone from toronto going to see the concert? if so, pm me. i got some questions.

thx

mariamontreal

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »
I am , I live in Montreal going to the first show