Author Topic: How do you think U2 will end?  (Read 11336 times)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
Re: How do you think U2 will end?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
I thought he was begining to show his age *ducks*

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
I think one day many years from now, they will all decide that they have had enough and it is time to retire. But they will be unsuccessful. After a few years of living it up in southern France, they will find themselves writing music together "for old time's sake." But they will realize that Edge is still ON FIRE and run with it. They will release this material, and it will be unanimously considered to be the best album that U2, or anyone else in the history of the world, has ever recorded. They will tour to promote this album, but it will be on a slightly smaller scale than their recent tours. They'll be getting old for that sort of thing! Unfortunately, that swan song album and tour will really be their last. They will all remain active in the music business, perhaps producing and collaborating and that sort of thing. Bono will be able to focus on his activism without the rest of the band getting huffy about it, and he will most likely single-handedly end poverty in Africa, and every other country in the world too. They will all remain friends to the very end, until each one of them has passed away.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »
Nooo! They can't die, can't we just preserve them somehow?

Offline braxhunt

• Refugee
  • Feel like trash - you make me feel clean
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
This is a freaking downer. I don't want to think about this when the greatest album in history is about to drop. I appreciate the poetic nature of this question. Naturally I have considered this as well. I even find myself searching for a replacement band to get excited about. this has become the holy grail of my music experience, but sadly I am daunted in my search. Let us suspend our disbelief and imagine that u2 will never end, and that it will be the ambiance of Heaven in eternity. Amen.

Offline U2STORM

• Wanderer
  • Me 2008
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »
I hope they stick around for another decade, but idk, once you hit your 60s i think its time to wind down. C'mon the Stones look like they're all gonna die of heart attacks tomorrow! They're old as sh**!

with that said I'm not looking forward to the day without U2. Braxhunt i haven't found a band w/ u2 potential  yet either, although Kings of Leon, the killers, and Linkin Park are growing on me...

Coldplay owes U2 money in my opinion....they're so unoriginal :-\   

Offline braxhunt

• Refugee
  • Feel like trash - you make me feel clean
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
Everybody in this forum seems to agree that their ability to make music is what matters. Well, Hell - If they're  making groundbreaking chart toping music when their 99 why should they quit. Besides Bono said somewhere that "you get two crap albums in a row, then you're out." If that's the case then they'll never end. they only have one crap album in my opinion - and its not pop btw.

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Everybody in this forum seems to agree that their ability to make music is what matters. Well, Hell - If they're  making groundbreaking chart toping music when their 99 why should they quit. Besides Bono said somewhere that "you get two crap albums in a row, then you're out." If that's the case then they'll never end. they only have one crap album in my opinion - and its not pop btw.

Exactly, when there 100 and if Bono still has a good voice and makes spectacular music, why quite?---

Of course, I only listen to their music and have never been able to see them live---

Besides, Larry will have gotten younger by then.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

Exactly, when there 100 and if Bono still has a good voice and makes spectacular music, why quite?---

Of course, I only listen to their music and have never been able to see them live---

Besides, Larry will have gotten younger by then.

That reminds me of that upcoming Brad Pitt film where as he grows older, he looks younger  :P

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »

I say frozen in Ice! y'know like in Austin Powers!

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 01:57:06 PM »

I say frozen in Ice! y'know like in Austin Powers!

3000 Years Later.....

BBC News: We have just discovered Cave Men in the rubble of ol' Dublin City and these ancient humans called themselves U2 (Scientists have officially called them HomoU2rectus) - one apparently has some sort of eye decoration on his face and another has some weird dark headgear......possibly a piece of equipment to hide hidden treasures :P

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »
They'll just retire one day. & it'll pi*s us off, because we'll of been waiting 5 years for a new album, with nothing but rumors to tide us over.

Bono will live out the remainder of his years winning repetitive Nobel Peace prizes, most notably how he created a miracle pill that not only instantly cures all terminal illnesses, but it's completely free. Controversy abounds, however, when everyone discovers that Edge was actually the brains behind the formula. Officials subsequently find a bewildered & malnourished Edge locked away in Bono's Southern France home basement. Bono flees prosecution and becomes the world's first liberal, non-violent dictator. The "identifying microchip" is replaced by One bracelets. 10% of our paychecks go to the new End Poverty tax. People receive a pair of D&G sunglasses for turning in a gun. The NRA is effectively dismantled & its members are prosecuted.

Edge quietly descends into obscurity as he builds an organic, completely self-sufficient hut in the bayous of Louisiana, and becomes known by the locals affectionately as "The Owl Man". He fondly dubs himself the "Jane Goodall of birds of prey", and wins world wide recognition for his owl research.

Adam finally marries for the first time when he's 67. He marries the then 18 year old daughter of Nicole Richie. The marriage doesn't last long. Adam goes on to go through 10 different marriages before he dies to several young starlets & today's celebrity's children. Unfortunately, Adam himself never had any children. When asked why he never had children, he sadly confesses that he is sterile. He also confesses that the cause of his sterility was the giant lemon used during the PopMart tour.

Larry lives out his glory years as Vegas's pride Elvis impersonator. In an unfortunate incident one night while trying to recreate Elvis's performance of Jailhouse Rock, he slips and hits his head. He is sent to the country's top notch hospice where his reply to everything he is asked is "IT'S A MUSICAL JOURNEY!" for the remainder of his years.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
They'll just retire one day. & it'll pi*s us off, because we'll of been waiting 5 years for a new album, with nothing but rumors to tide us over.

Bono will live out the remainder of his years winning repetitive Nobel Peace prizes, most notably how he created a miracle pill that not only instantly cures all terminal illnesses, but it's completely free. Controversy abounds, however, when everyone discovers that Edge was actually the brains behind the formula. Officials subsequently find a bewildered & malnourished Edge locked away in Bono's Southern France home basement. Bono flees prosecution and becomes the world's first liberal, non-violent dictator. The "identifying microchip" is replaced by One bracelets. 10% of our paychecks go to the new End Poverty tax. People receive a pair of D&G sunglasses for turning in a gun. The NRA is effectively dismantled & its members are prosecuted.

Edge quietly descends into obscurity as he builds an organic, completely self-sufficient hut in the bayous of Louisiana, and becomes known by the locals affectionately as "The Owl Man". He fondly dubs himself the "Jane Goodall of birds of prey", and wins world wide recognition for his owl research.

Adam finally marries for the first time when he's 67. He marries the then 18 year old daughter of Nicole Richie. The marriage doesn't last long. Adam goes on to go through 10 different marriages before he dies to several young starlets & today's celebrity's children. Unfortunately, Adam himself never had any children. When asked why he never had children, he sadly confesses that he is sterile. He also confesses that the cause of his sterility was the giant lemon used during the PopMart tour.

Larry lives out his glory years as Vegas's pride Elvis impersonator. In an unfortunate incident one night while trying to recreate Elvis's performance of Jailhouse Rock, he slips and hits his head. He is sent to the country's top notch hospice where his reply to everything he is asked is "IT'S A MUSICAL JOURNEY!" for the remainder of his years.

;D My day just got a little brighter.

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
Is it just me, or do this incidents seem just a little too possible?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »

;D My day just got a little brighter.

Now that is the classic post of all time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »

I KNEW that lemon was trouble!!  :D