Author Topic: How do you think U2 will end?  (Read 11346 times)

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
Re: How do you think U2 will end?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:07 PM »
That was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!  ;D ;D ;D  And, yes, it is probably so funny because all of those things sound a little too real.  Ha ha.

daveyg

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 04:39:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono will live out the remainder of his years winning repetitive Nobel Peace prizes, most notably how he created a miracle pill that not only instantly cures all terminal illnesses, but it's completely free. Controversy abounds, however, when everyone discovers that Edge was actually the brains behind the formula. Officials subsequently find a bewildered & malnourished Edge locked away in Bono's Southern France home basement. Bono flees prosecution and becomes the world's first liberal, non-violent dictator. The "identifying microchip" is replaced by One bracelets. 10% of our paychecks go to the new End Poverty tax. People receive a pair of D&G sunglasses for turning in a gun.

By that stage they'll be a pair of "DaveyG" sunglasses as they'll have bought the brand and renamed them after their manager who took over from Paul McGuinness. Daveyg will have insisted on playing all the instruments in studio as well, and will have have floated U2 Limited on the stock exchange. The "U2 Brand" will become equivalent to the Pepsi brand appearing in films. "Terminator 16 - the Rise of the Bonos"  will have overt U2 marketing placements throughtout the film (Larry's Harley, Adam wears his afro again for his part of "Well Known Musician Number One", Edge will be a guitar store owner  - the store will be called "u2.com - our new album - buy it now - it's remastered twice!!", and well, Bono plays John Conor, the washed out saviour of earth who bacame a rock singer, then saviour, then rock singer again. The Robots of the future send back duplicate robot Bonos to try trick the Bonoman)

EDIT: I know I know.... imagination went on a riot there! It's not far off one of my kids describing Bono as The Terminator one day actually...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:42:43 AM by daveyg »

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 05:01:27 AM »
:P

Imagine if they decided to retire tomorow! and they sent out a statement saying "we are retiring now coz we don't feel like touring meh"

:o

daveyg

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 05:05:48 AM »

Imagine if they decided to retire tomorow! and they sent out a statement saying "we are retiring now coz we don't feel like touring meh"

I was just thinking something along the same lines. If they announced on the last night of their tour of this album that they're retiring for no good real reason. I'd be straight up to Bono's house, grab him by his ear, grab his guitar and walk him to the nearest rehearsal studio like dragging a kid to school!

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:32 AM »

I was just thinking something along the same lines. If they announced on the last night of their tour of this album that they're retiring for no good real reason. I'd be straight up to Bono's house, grab him by his ear, grab his guitar and walk him to the nearest rehearsal studio like dragging a kid to school!

haha yeah you should do that! Can I help...I know I will get Edge!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 05:34:53 AM »
They won't.

daveyg

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 05:45:40 AM »
Retire soon or end as a band?

Offline eviltimeban

• Wanderer
  • Pop is the best U2 album
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 07:58:35 AM »
I think they will eventually wind down the huge, commercial money making machine that is U2 after a couple more albums. After all, I don't think they'll want to do it when they are into their 50s. Final tour, then a multi-platfrom Greatest Hits, then quit.

But because of their musical and personal links they could continue working together as Passengers, which gives them the freedom to experiment, record whatever the hell they want, with whoever they want, with no pressure to have hits. And there could be a bi-annual (or like the world cup, every 4 years) "Passengers Concert", a huge bash which gathers together all the collaborators they've worked with over the years, with all proceeds going to charity. The highlight of these concerts would be the last set of the night, where the four original members of U2 get together to play a few old favourites.

Its a nice thought...

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »
I think they will eventually wind down the huge, commercial money making machine that is U2 after a couple more albums. After all, I don't think they'll want to do it when they are into their 50s. Final tour, then a multi-platfrom Greatest Hits, then quit.

But because of their musical and personal links they could continue working together as Passengers, which gives them the freedom to experiment, record whatever the hell they want, with whoever they want, with no pressure to have hits. And there could be a bi-annual (or like the world cup, every 4 years) "Passengers Concert", a huge bash which gathers together all the collaborators they've worked with over the years, with all proceeds going to charity. The highlight of these concerts would be the last set of the night, where the four original members of U2 get together to play a few old favourites.

Its a nice thought...

So you are predicting the next tour to be the last?  :o

It was a nice thought, I think the passangers thing would be a good idea!

Offline eviltimeban

• Wanderer
  • Pop is the best U2 album
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »
Well he's only 48 now, and if we see this tour lasting for the rest of 2009 and some of 2010, he'll be 49 when its over. Then if there's a four year gap to the next album / tour he'll be 53. He could just about pull that off, but factor in another 5 years of tour / break / recording and he'd be coming into late 50s and I don't see him pulling off the "Bono" act at that age. Sure, Macca is still doing it but he's pretty static live, plus the demands on his voice wouldn't be as great as Bono's, and even at that Macca's voice is fading.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »
Honestly, a member will die.  I can't see U2 breaking up any other way.  They seem to like what they do way too much.

That's what I think too. I don't believe they would brake up over a disagreement, only something serious like one of them going to meet their Maker.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »
It will all end when Larry dies.....which looks really really really really impossible  :P

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
It will all end when Larry dies.....which looks really really really really impossible  :P

*gasps* and you say that right under Starfishe's post! I thought he was immortal!

But I also agree that one of them will die and that how it will end

...can we move off the death topic? its kinda bringing me down!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
Teletubbies...Telletubbies....say...heello!

EH-OH!

Well....we are clearly off death now  ;) ;D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »

*gasps* and you say that right under Starfishe's post! I thought he was immortal!

Exactly! So there is nothing to worry about, since Larry would have to die for it to end, and Larry is a god, therefore they'll live forever.
Like Highlanders.  ;)