Author Topic: How do you think U2 will end?  (Read 11338 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: How do you think U2 will end?
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
Why do we have to discuss this?  >:(

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It will all end when Larry dies.....which looks really really really really impossible  :P

*gasps* and you say that right under Starfishe's post! I thought he was immortal!

Exactly! So there is nothing to worry about, since Larry would have to die for it to end, and Larry is a god, therefore they'll live forever.
Like Highlanders.  ;)

Well, if Larry keeps getting younger the older he gets then in about 40 years he will not even have been born.

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »

True dat.

I think they'll end with "40."

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
40 more what?  ???

Eyeliner? Arguments? Years? Albums?  ;D

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »
40 more what?  ???

Definitely "40" more albums-,

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »
40 more what?  ???

Definitely "40" more albums-,

Maybe.

I think we should preserve U2 in a giant lemon.

Revolver7

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Maybe U2 should become robots!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
Too radical imo. Preserve them in ice or they could get plastic surgery, Larry doesnt need it though.

Offline brrrger

• Wanderer
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »
I think "No Line On The Horizon" will be U2's final album. Once it's finally released, the band members will be devastated when the critics all give it terrible reviews and the album completely bombs. After working on it for over three years, they figure it's pointless to do it all over again.

So the four members eventually go their seperate ways and grow old and fat and bitter with their lives. Bono becomes an alcoholic and can't even get out of bed without having a drink first and he spends the next 10 years in and out of rehab.

I figure it's good to have low expectations so I'll be pleasantly surprised no matter what happens. Hopefully they'll put out 10 more amazing albums.

luieu2

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »
like all of us die we all do dont we

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2009, 06:06:36 AM »

True dat.

I think they'll end with "40."

LOOOOOL  !!    nice one  :)

daveyg

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:14 AM »
For a few years I thought they may become a band of what's now the "30 something plus age group" generation, and would end up doing cabaret or working mens clubs, but the level of fans in their teens and 20s here has made me re-evaluate that. I think as long there's a big enough fanbase, and they sell out gigs in minutes, Bono and the boys will keep going. The day they are hard pushed to fill a pub/club is the day they'll look at each other and call it a day I think

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
I think as long there's a big enough fanbase, and they sell out gigs in minutes, Bono and the boys will keep going. The day they are hard pushed to fill a pub/club is the day they'll look at each other and call it a day I think

Right, and when do you think that will happen? It reminded me of what I read on Bob Geldof "In August 2006, two thoroughly advertised concerts in Denmark at NRGi Arena (Århus) and Farum Arena, with seating for 4,740 and 3,000 people respectively, were cancelled after only 2 tickets had been sold." That will never happen to U2, no chance.

daveyg

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
I think as long there's a big enough fanbase, and they sell out gigs in minutes, Bono and the boys will keep going. The day they are hard pushed to fill a pub/club is the day they'll look at each other and call it a day I think

Right, and when do you think that will happen? It reminded me of what I read on Bob Geldof "In August 2006, two thoroughly advertised concerts in Denmark at NRGi Arena (Århus) and Farum Arena, with seating for 4,740 and 3,000 people respectively, were cancelled after only 2 tickets had been sold." That will never happen to U2, no chance.

In a way, that was my point. There's too many teenagers and 20 somethings as fans that will guarantee sell out gigs for U2 for the forseeable future, so, lack of ticket sales won't be an issue that will break up the band.

Although, Bob and the Boomtown Rats could have sold those venues out as much as U2 in their day! :) Only difference is they actually broke up.

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2009, 02:59:22 AM »

In a way, that was my point. There's too many teenagers and 20 somethings as fans that will guarantee sell out gigs for U2 for the forseeable future, so, lack of ticket sales won't be an issue that will break up the band.

Although, Bob and the Boomtown Rats could have sold those venues out as much as U2 in their day! :) Only difference is they actually broke up.

Awww poor Bob we have to feel sorry sometimes!

Oh yeah I would deffienatly invest in tickets and there are enough of 'us' around.