Author Topic: Your U2 dreams  (Read 24513 times)

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
Your U2 dreams
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »
This was my favourite topic in the last forum.  :)
In this topic you can share the dreams about U2 that you had.

My last two:
I'm in a small house (in a forest) and U2 will be holding a concert there. I'm waiting with 12 other U2 fans and then the organiser tells us that U2 is not going to play a 3 hour concert but a 1.5 hour concert and after that they will go to a big stadium where they will do two shows of 3 hours (in a row). We (the other fans and me) get a bit angry, because we paid for a 3 hour concert. Then the organiser gets confused, because he thinks a 1.5 hour concert is better than a 3 hour concert  ???
U2 arrive and we're all very happy. There's no stage and we can actually touch them. I remember that they played Walk On and Wake Up Dead Man. Then the show ends and they go into another room. I follow them into that room and they're staring at me like "what is she doing here?" I realise that I have to say something and say "Oh I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have a question" I did not have one, but quickly thought of one and I asked Bono "Can I give you a hug?" (that was the best I could come up with :D) Bono said: "Yes of course!" and he gives me such a tight hug that he almost broke my shoulders. I remember that I thought: "Who else could say that their shoulders were broken by Bono?"  :D and then I gave Larry a kiss on his cheek and then I went to Adam who told me that his guitar tasted like cherry. I was a little surprised and asked if I could taste his guitar and it did taste like cherry!
The End

In the next dream U2 are holding a show in China and Bono asks a sweet little girl (about 8 years old) on stage. The girl did not walk to him but held out her hand (as if asking for money) Bono walks to her and the girl says: "People in Africa need money" Bono did not expect this but he was very much touched by this. Suddenly I'm backstage and someone says: "Bill, put all Bono's money on the bank now!" (because if that wasn't done quick Bono would give all his money to Africa)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:26:31 AM by U2isdebest »

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
Re: Your U2 dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »
Mmm... Cherry bass guitar... x) They should really start marketing those, no?

My most memorable U2 dream was attending a concert (which appeared to be more of a rehearsal) and knowing, oddly enough, that I was to be called onstage. I wasn't stressed, nervous, or even particularly excited; I just knew I needed to change out of my pajamas first...?!

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
I had a Larry dream the other night.  It was sort of like the Electrical Storm video shoot except the tides were whipping us around really fast like a whirlpool and Anton was in the water.  My cat woke me up before anything interesting could happen.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My cat woke me up before anything interesting could happen.

Don't you hate when that happens  >:(

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 10:47:41 AM »
A couple of months ago I had a dream that I was at this fair with my niece (she's 7 and a U2 fan!) and U2 was performing at this fair.  She and I were able to get right up front and we were sitting in the grass listening to this U2 concert and Bono saw my niece and was talking to her and singing to her.  She was so excited and after the concert he came over and talked to her.  It was a cool dream because it was at night and we were sitting in the grass and there were all these pretty lights on the stage.  In my dream I was trying to call my mom and sister to tell them what was happening.   :D

daveyg

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »
I had one once which involved a scissors and Adam Clayton's bass. I'll just leave it at that. It's too upsetting. :)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »
I had a Larry dream the other night.  It was sort of like the Electrical Storm video shoot except the tides were whipping us around really fast like a whirlpool and Anton was in the water.  My cat woke me up before anything interesting could happen.

Oh my! :o

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
I'm so glad that I am not the only one that has these dreams. My last one was more of a nightmare.

U2 was giving a concert in a cave or cavern. When I went through the entrance Edge came running up and said "We can't find Bono anywhere, you have to help us!" So in a tizzy Edge and I went tracing through the caverns looking for Bono. Asking people along the way if they had seen him. A few had but it was hours ago. Before long we met up with Larry and Adam and were talking about what we were going to do. When all of a sudden a large shadow (lit by candle light) appeared and it was obvious from the profile it was Bono. We went running after the shadow but the shadow kept moving farther and farther. Down we chased it into the abyss of this cavern. Screaming BONO BONO are you down here! I woke up shouting "where are you!". Scared the crap out of my wife. She asked what was wrong, and I told her I had a dream Bono was missing.
She rolled her eyes at me and let out a sigh and turned over. Noticing that I was covered in sweet, I jumped in the shower and tried to shake off that terrible dream.

The most "prophetic" dream I've had was the release day of ATYCLB. I had a dream I was at a show and was hanging out with Edge afterwards. He asked if I wanted to go see PJ Harvey cause she was playing in town. So we went.
Not long after it was announced she would be opening for the first leg of that tour.

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »

...We went running after the shadow but the shadow kept moving farther and farther. Down we chased it into the abyss of this cavern. Screaming BONO BONO are you down here! I woke up shouting "where are you!". Scared the crap out of my wife. She asked what was wrong, and I told her I had a dream Bono was missing.
She rolled her eyes at me and let out a sigh and turned over. Noticing that I was covered in sweet, I jumped in the shower and tried to shake off that terrible dream.

Oh!!! I just about spewed soup all over the table when I read that... I'm completely cracking up!!!  :D

My most recent one involved me watching the Slane concert with a bunch of friends (on TV, unfortunately). It was very peculiar, because I haven't even SEEN that concert, but there were quite a few new songs, which was nice! The strangest part was that nobody was rolling their eyes or yelling at me for wanting to watch a U2 concert that night...  ;)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
Last night I talked with an old friend till 2am. I knew I had to get up in the morning, so my sleep was light and I had several dreams, totally unrelated and mostly pointless. There were a couple fragments with U2 in it. One was completely dumb, but the other made a little sense.

The boys were performing on the stage, in outfits from Vertigo era. Edge was playing a solo going on, and on, and on with it. Bono got a bit annoyed as Edge was totally stealing the show. He gave him a couple of hints to stop, but Edge was too absorbed to notice.
Highly annoyed Bono walked over to Edge and pulled off his beanie hat. Edge got embarrassed and covered his head with his hands, thus ending the solo.

???

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »
The boys were performing on the stage, in outfits from Vertigo era. Edge was playing a solo going on, and on, and on with it. Bono got a bit annoyed as Edge was totally stealing the show. He gave him a couple of hints to stop, but Edge was too absorbed to notice.
Highly annoyed Bono walked over to Edge and pulled off his beanie hat. Edge got embarrassed and covered his head with his hands, thus ending the solo.

???
hahaha  :D

I had a dream a couple of days ago where Larry picked me up with his car at 'my school' (it wasn't my school, but I thought so in my dream) We had a long drive and I was very happy. I can't remember that we talked, but after a long time we arrived at a summer house (I don't think it was from Larry) There were other people in there and it was a very small and weird house. There were only two rooms, one with a kitchen and bed in one room and no windows and the other room was also very weird. So all of us made plans to move the furniture and we were very busy making drawings of how it was going to look. And that's about it...

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 06:13:07 AM »
 One time I had a dream that I met Edge and... Bob Dylan! Once I had a dream that I was trying to get Bono's autograph... 8)

Offline bonogirl

• Stateless
  • As the music played, I saw my life turn around
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
I work at a hotel and dreamt that the boys were coming to play for a wedding.
It was very odd and mixed up, the surroundings ect.....
Not a very exciting story to tell now, but any extra stuff I get during unconscieneness is a bonus still!

Bono_girl

The same night though.......

I was lying in bed .....
I asked my husband if he wanted to know what my fantasy was........
He said "sure"........
I said" I wish I could lie here and have you rub me for 8 hours straight"...........

it was quiet for a minute........

Then he said "you might as well start thinking of Bono in a hottub"......................

It was quiet for another minute....

and I said"Thanks, "....."What a good husband you are,

hadn't thought of that one".....

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:07 AM »
Holy underwear! This is weird. I do have U2 dreams. I guess others do, too! In fact, last night I dreamed that I was attending some kind of press conference ... maybe it was the new album announcement  ;D ... and Bono and Edge walked in, and I remember thinking to myself how many times I'd seem them in person before (not in actuality). They walked to the front and my view of them was obscured by all the other people. Then I walked out. It was weird. I also seem to remember thinking to myself (in the dream) that I was friends of theirs and I didn't really need to stand up close to them. Apparently I'm quite foolish in dreams.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
I'm surprised no one has been posting on this thread in awhile! 

Maybe it was a few weeks ago-not sure- but I had one where Larry was upset about something and was going off at Paul McGuiness.  Don't know where that came from!  Then last night there was the start of a song and Bono yelling "Hey"! That's all there was to it.  Weird. Really doesn't make sense at all, but dreams never do, do they?