Author Topic: Your U2 dreams  (Read 24522 times)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: Your U2 dreams
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:38 PM »
I had a Danny Lanois dream last night. Does it count as a U2 dream? Sort of?

(Why did it also have to have my children in it? It sort of ruined it  :-[)

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
Most recent U2 dream! I was in a hotel waiting for a U2 show to start, and I was trying to work my way into a bar where there was supposed to be a U2 aftershow or something, but I couldn't enter because I wasn't 21. But someone felt bad for me so they pulled me aside and said "How about you deliver this sound check?" and I took it (an empty CD case) and asked who I was delivering it to. Then there was a lot of talking on walkie talkies and general confusion on my part, as I was herded to this little balcony inside the hotel, over looking the lobby. So I was standing there, holding the CD case (which now had a CD in it), looking at the empty lobby, trying on different hats, until these two giant doors behind me opened and a butler told me to come in. So I go in and I see Bono coming out of the bathroom without a shirt, and he glances at me and nods like he's not happy to see me, and he's walking to Ali (who is in their bed with three of their kids, all 10 and below I'd say) and Ali looks like she hates me. So I go to Bono and give him my hand and start stuttering how it's nice to meet him and he's just all sorts of indifferent. Then I give Ali the CD and she looks much happier, and she listens to the CD with the kids, and I follow Bono (who now has a shirt on) to the bathroom, but the bathroom turns into a balcony that overlooks a pool that looks like a lake in a jungle, and I make some joke about the ropes that are hanging from the ceiling that go to the pool, and Bono starts laughing and now he seems like he likes me, and I get over being star-struck, so he takes me on a tour of the hotel, and we stop in a bar, where I'm trying VERY hard to tweet that I'm with Bono, and that he grew his hair out for the tour, but I want to do it without him noticing and that didn't work out lol. Then we end up outside and it's dark, but the city below us is lit and the stars are shining, and the trees are rustling, and it's just so beautiful. Then Bono gives me his jacket and...the garbage truck wakes me up -_____-  *sigh* it seemed so real :'(

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
Before I attend a show I start having dreams in which I either play with them, or are on stage with them... once before the elevation tour I dreamed that there was a problem on stage and I had to fix it before they could play, but I was taking so long people started leaving and I was so dissapointed at myself... Worse dream ever!

I wrote a few of them down and now that I'm married and prior to going to the 360 show, I had one and wrote it and showed the other ones to my wife and she gave me this kinda like "you're crazy!" look and never spoke of it again... So I don't know if I'll be able to write down my dreams!  :-\

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
I had a funny U2 dream last night.
I dreamed I was in a huge stadium before the show started and I was finding my seat. And I looked over and saw Julia Roberts sitting drinking Capri Sun (RANDOM). Then when the band played, Edge was overweight with really long curly black hair and a shaggy beard. He was also wearing a lot of silver jewelry. I never saw the rest of the band, but Edge was singing (some song that wasn't a real song) and trying to get the crowd pumped up.

It was the most random U2 dream I have ever had  :D

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »
U2 dreams…  I don’t really have many, which is just too bad. But the 3 I’ve had recently are…

1: Bono is walking out of the White House and I’m outside the gates with an anonymous U2 fan, which I seem to know really well, but I don’t’ know who it is. I’m taking that as a symbol for my awesome friends on atu2, where I feel like I’ve known them forever but never seen them. Bono waves to us and we follow him until he gets out of the gates and onto the sidewalk. He wants to talk to us, but he has a huge crowd of security. So he takes off his sunglasses and no one recognizes him anymore so he walks over to talk to us. We end up meeting with him later at a manta ray tank. And then help him fight off monsters… yeah… ok… NEXT!

2: I’m at a U2 concert, in GA. But not 360 or any other tour, a plain boring stage. And they have an intermission. Over which they play An Cath Dubh over the speakers. And I go to get water. And they start again but I’m not in the crowd yet, just coming back from getting water. Ok… boring

3: This isn’t really U2, but it’s about the Philly love bus (see fan plans and meetups…). Basically, I meet in a room with a lot of people and they are all going to Philly. And one guy has a dog. I go up to pet the dog but it’s mean and barks. And then we all whip out camera and video cameras and start filming each other. For no apparent reason. But all at the same time. Yeah. First one was the best.

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
  • Ill come back above, when there is only love <3
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a funny U2 dream last night.
I dreamed I was in a huge stadium before the show started and I was finding my seat. And I looked over and saw Julia Roberts sitting drinking Capri Sun (RANDOM). Then when the band played, Edge was overweight with really long curly black hair and a shaggy beard. He was also wearing a lot of silver jewelry. I never saw the rest of the band, but Edge was singing (some song that wasn't a real song) and trying to get the crowd pumped up.

It was the most random U2 dream I have ever had  :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline LMbVOXedgeAC [aka LMB]

• Elevated
  • Hold me close and don't let me go.
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
I was surrounded by something resembling the college of cardinals... except they all looked like people I know... and they were sitting in a church, in big old-fashioned pews but U2 music was playing, and it sounded live, and I looked around and made eye contact with this one guy wearing big Bono-style sunglasses and he just grinned really big, jumped out of his seat and started rocking out.  The others soon followed.  It was a very amusing dream.  :D

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
:D

I actually had a GOOD dream the other night...I dreamt that I met Bono.  ;D  Vertigo Tour Bono.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »
Almost all my dreams are U2 themed :D

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
Almost all my dreams are U2 themed :D

Win :)

I remember a U2 dream where I met Bono (shaved head bono) at my school :S - I think I remember not knowing what to say or something, and i vaguely remember that I ruined my meeting him and
Bono ended up not liking me. I might be wrong though - the dream was about a year ago

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 06:37:29 AM »
Last night I dreamed that Bono was singing Red Hill Mining Town on the 360 stage!  The rest was too weird to mention.  I almost never dream of U2 - Strange.

Offline letitbe

• Babyface
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
That Bono morphed into Jennifer Love Hewitt circa 'I know what you did last Summer'. The rest is too steamy to mention. The Edge was watching. The crowd was cheering. It was the Popmart tour.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
That Bono morphed into Jennifer Love Hewitt circa 'I know what you did last Summer'. The rest is too steamy to mention. The Edge was watching. The crowd was cheering. It was the Popmart tour.

Hahaahaa oh dear :P

Offline Utwoed

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Being ridiculous is something I hold dear
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »
My U2 dreams are unmentionable  ;D

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:15 PM »