Author Topic: Your U2 dreams  (Read 24576 times)

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
Re: Your U2 dreams
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
I went to a U2 concert in my dream! ;D but it was very weird :P
I was on the front row and my dad stole my ticket! (he's not even going) but no one checked if you had tickets so it didn't matter after all... After some time U2 came on stage, but all they were doing was drinking Orange Juice...  all the time... ???

And I dreamt that I was filming the videoclip for Magnificent! :D
I was in a white room and I was filming with a simple camera. I remember thinking "Now I have to film Edge with Infinity is a great place to start on the background" but it never got to that point...

Offline ultraviolet12

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
LOL, Starfish. :D 

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »
Forgot to post this one...

3/18/09   

Dreamt last night that U2 was doing a secret concert in Chicago. Somehow, I and my family found out about it and were all able to go. When we got to the performance place, Dad parked the car, and we got out. We were in time to get good places, about six rows back from the stage, which was a small platform up against the wall of an older building. There were shady trees in the open space before it, making the whole area like a lovely park.

U2’s show was great, though I can’t remember more than that about it until a time towards the end when I managed to make my way from our place up to the very front row. Bono was singing the Elvis song that he ended Love is Blindness (in a ZooTV show) with: Take my hand/Take my heart, too/'Cause I can't help falling in love with you... As his voice rose beautifully on those words, I rested my hands on the wooden post of a nearby fence, and sang along. I felt as though I was expressing what I could never say in spoken words.

Then my dream shifted. I was in the car, approaching our house (not our RL one), and saw a lamb in our yard. Someone asked if I wanted to graze it on the lawn, so I went to the lamb and picked it up in my hands. It was wonderfully soft, and heavy, just as I imagine a RL one would be.

But then it suddenly had a long dark coat around it and ceased to look like a lamb, though I can’t recall what it looked like instead. The coat was drawn back, and I saw detonators and wires concealed inside it (much like the Joker’s coat in TDK). Somehow, I knew it was a suicide bomber.

My dream shifted again, and I was inside the house, standing before a long line of shelves. They were filled with DVDs—floor to ceiling—and I started going through them. The only familiar one was a copy of Master and Commander, which I wanted, but couldn’t get. Mom was there, and she told me that the DVDs had been left by the people who’d lived in the house before. And that’s where the dream ended.

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 11:44:16 AM »
I counted all my U2 dreams (on my blog You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and I came to the conclusion that I had 34(!) U2 dreams  ;D
Bono and Edge appear the most and Larry the least: only 3 dreams!

Offline ashleyisabelle

• Stateless
  • it's a hug....in a mug....
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
last night i dreamed that i went out to eat sushi with one of my fellow U2 obsessed friends and the band, and it was like it was the most normal thing ever.....i've had a craving for sushi lately, but she's never had it before :P

unfortunately, that's the only U2 related dream i can remember, as i usually forget them.....

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:23 AM »
There were two Larry's in my dream!  :D
Larry had broken his arm and Adam was showing me the X-ray. When I asked them what happened Larry told me that he had broken it because of an "overflow" (my dream was in English) And then suddenly there's another Larry sitting next to Larry and they are grinning at me  :-\ 
Haha I woke up a little confused  ;)

Offline Trillian

• Stateless
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
Last night marked the return of U2 to my dreams, and it was an odd little sequence that it happened in. It started at what was apparently a baseball match (even though there was no diamond to speak of, and probably would have been better likened to cricket). Bono was in the audience with Ali, but for some reason she got angry at him and walked away. I was there too, and after Ali'd left Bono started kissing me (I mean, properly kissing me). I felt awful afterwards because I was aware of Ali having been there before and I felt guilty about kissing her husband (naturally!). Also, given that Bono in the dream was 'current' Bono, there were still nearly 30 years between us so it was a bit disconcerting in that respect too. Anyway, the dream continued, a girl on the 'baseball' team got sent off for some offence and she started to walk away into the tunnel (you know, from the field to the changing rooms), so, still feeling guilty about what had happened, I ran off after her to get away from Bono. In the tunnel, the two of us chatted - I'm not sure about what, but I made sure not to bring up what had happened. After a while, someone, possibly the manager, came and said to her, "Are you coming back out or what?" She ran back in the direction of the field, and I shouted, "Knock 'em dead!" She replied, "You should come back out as well!" and, given that I felt slightly cheered up after our chat and had nothing else to do, I did. I don't know why, but once I got back onto the pitch all memory of Ali had been erased, so I returned to Bono to continue watching the match and he started kissing me again. This time, however, there was no guilt and I actually quite enjoyed it. :S

Had it been anyone else bar a member of U2, it probably would have been very romantic and I would have had no qualms about it, but considering Bono is the same age as my own father and the woman he is married to appeared in my dream as well, the whole thing left me quite torn emotionally when I woke up! This subconscious psychological scarring never happens when I just dream about meeting the band or going to see a concert...       

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
I know I'm late coming to this one, but I've had a couple ... especially Bono dreams that I thought I should share.

I dreamt I was at the location for the Charlottesville show (which it actually wasn't the real location, so I'm not sure about that).  It almost looked like an alley, and was very exclusive.  Anyway I was there way early to make sure I could be upfront, and all of a sudden Bono comes walking out with running gear on.  The best part was he was wearing hot pink running shorts with hot pink ear buds.  So he goes off and starts running towards the start line for where this running race is happening in town.  So I decide I'm going to wait for him near where he'll run.  I wait and wait, and end up losing my front row place to a bunch of kids who just graduated and are still in their robes.  Then Bono comes racing up in all his gear and makes a turn back into the alley, and once he turns into the alley he's back in normal clothes (that part was a little weird).  I go up to try to side hug him, and he side hugs me back and looks at me and goes, "Catie, how are you?  I've been wanting to speak with you."  And he pulls me down the side of the crowd where there is walkway that is roped and fenced off.  And we sit down at this plastic outdoor table set and he says, "I want to hear your thoughts about 'Achtung Baby'."  I told him how its my favorite of all their albums, and he looked surprised.  I then went into how spatially speaking, it's incredible because it was a complete departure from anything they had done before.  It was bold because it was their most 3-dimensional album to that point and was brilliant from top to bottom.  He sat there and pondered it for a while, although he never said anything.  Then he went onstage to perform and a security guard asked me if I was allowed to be there, and I said, "I guess so.  Bono knew my name and he was the one that pulled me in here."  Then I asked if my friend Wayne (who I actually went to the show with) could come down with me, and I went to go find him and that was the end of my dream.

Bono was living in my proximity for the summer.  We didn't speak the entire summer because I didn't know what to say.  Then on the last day when I was moving out of my house he came over and gave me a vinyl record.  He told me it was a copy of Rattle and Hum that had belonged to Bob Dylan.  That was the end of that one.

And finally, the other day I dreamed that I was eating Bar-B-Q with the whole band .... just hanging out no big deal.

The first one is my favorite, mainly because of the hot pink running shorts.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 01:53:53 AM »
LOL   bono's been getting some serious love from everyone!  :-* 

oddly enough, i've never actually had a dream involving anyone from U2...but they've all been in my dreams at one point or another...it's very strange.  they sort of watch in the background.  i'll be doing something else, and ill just catch sight of someone.  but then they vanish.  almost like angels or something that you can't see clearly but know are there.  bizarre, no?

is there anyone who's actually met a band member in person and then dreamt about them?  i'm just trying to imagine what dream-bono/edge/adam/larry would act like...since most of us dont hang around them on a daily basis :D

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 07:10:25 AM »
U2isdebest- I also had a dream where I was going to  U2 concert and my dad stole my tickets. And then he dragged me out of the stadium...

I also had one where I was watch U23D and the band members came out. So I ran to meet them, duh, and then they all turned into a Whole Foods store (grocery store)... good news- U2 makes good salsa!

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
  • Anytime you're on the earth...is kissing time
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »
I see Bono and Ali on the street and I grab Bono's hand tightly and I say "THANK YOU!" which means how being a fan has enriched my life, helped me(and he knows this without saying). I had this intense feeling of enormous gratitude.

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
oops I haven't posted in a long time :-[
and I had 28 U2 dreams since then!  :o  ;D

My favourite (from 13 June 2009):
U2 are in a theatre on the stage. They are sitting on simple chairs facing the audience. From left to right: Adam, Edge, Bono and Larry is immediate next to Bono, so it looks like this:
……Adam…………Edge…………Bono…Larry……
Bono is interviewing Adam and it is pretty funny. Then Adam starts whistling birdsongs and it sounds very real. (they were probably real birds from outside, because when I woke up I heard the same birds  :D)
The interview is over and Adam and Bono start a song. Adam is playing Happy Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on guitar and has a long solo. Edge does not have a guitar so he pretends he has a guitar and plays that one (imitating Adam). Bono is singing and Larry is sitting very quietly next to him. They finish the song and then Bono suddenly takes of a mask! (sort of like the red nose day video) Bono wasn’t really Bono, but Larry with a Bono mask on!
I was shocked as the rest of the audience!
Then Adam takes of his mask and reveals that it was actually Edge! Edge had a lot of fun in seeing all those astonished faces from the audience.
Edge=Adam and Larry=Bono
So all the time it was actually this:
……Edge…………Adam…………Larry…Bono……
I now think it was genius and I add this interview to one of the reasons why U2 is the best band in the world. When I woke up I realised that Larry had been singing Happy Christmas and that he could sing brilliantly!!! And I saw that it made sense that Adam had that guitar solo, because it was actually Edge with a mask on!  :D

Well the rest of my dreams are there: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LMbVOXedgeAC [aka LMB]

• Elevated
  • Hold me close and don't let me go.
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »
So, these are the by-far best U2 dreams I've ever had, or involving me:

So, my friends (none of whom like U2... whatever) and I were front row at a U2 concert. Very intimate gig, small, kind of like a little theater but without seats. I hear Larry's drums first, then Adam's bass, but I can't see either of them. Turns out they're sort of suspended in the air above us. Very strange. Then, Bono comes out on stage, brandishing his mic... and wrapped up in a very bright, show-girl style feather boa. All the usual garb, just with a HUGE feather boa. Then, Edge comes out, the regular get-up, converse, jeans, t-shirt, beanie... but on his head over that hat is a huge, feathery show-girl hat. Not even kidding. They pranced about stage, and then Bono pulled us all one by one onto stage... where we proceeded to do the can-can. I woke up laughing.

My friend dreamed she was a security guard at the Vatican, and that Bono was the Pope. Needless to say, I got to hang out with the Pope. We apparently drank cream soda (which I don't particularly like, but would drink for Pope Bono.)

My stepmom had this dream, and it may very well be my favorite- For whatever reason, the band came to visit. You know, the limo pulled up, my dad opened the door, they hung up their coats and we sat around talking and such. Charlette then brings up to Larry that I drew a nice picture of him the other day. I stand, apparently furious, and run down the hall crying. Charlette and Larry run down the hall, knock at my door, and ask why I'm upset. Through my tears, I manage to tell them that they might have hurt Edge's feelings.

Oh, and then there's the recurring dream where I get a phonecall from Bono's brother... Strange, I know.

Offline Trillian

• Stateless
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, my friends (none of whom like U2... whatever) and I were front row at a U2 concert. Very intimate gig, small, kind of like a little theater but without seats. I hear Larry's drums first, then Adam's bass, but I can't see either of them. Turns out they're sort of suspended in the air above us. Very strange. Then, Bono comes out on stage, brandishing his mic... and wrapped up in a very bright, show-girl style feather boa. All the usual garb, just with a HUGE feather boa. Then, Edge comes out, the regular get-up, converse, jeans, t-shirt, beanie... but on his head over that hat is a huge, feathery show-girl hat. Not even kidding. They pranced about stage, and then Bono pulled us all one by one onto stage... where we proceeded to do the can-can. I woke up laughing.

lol! Excellent!

I had a U2 dream last night. Me and my sister were sitting in a sort of waiting room, but with seats organised like those in a theatre. How I knew it was a U2 show we were waiting on is just dream logic I suppose, but even stranger I told my sister, "Oh, I remember this show!" Apparently I can time-travel, and I went back to the Elevation tour era. And also, there's a talking cat involved, although it's not important to the dream and he didn't actually talk that much. The show itself was to be played somewhere remarkably similar to my aunt's back garden. They would be playing in a medium-sized out building (like her garage), and the crowd would be in both that building and on the grass outside (her garden). Some security guy came along and told us, "Right, we're going to filter the other GA lines in first, then you'll join on at the end." I was devastated, because we were incredibly early and wanted to see the band rather than be at the very back of the crowd! So we decided to take a walk, as my sister said that she'd seen someone famous out in the 'garden' area (I can't remember who, but it's not important anyway). When we got out there, my sister pointed to the guy she'd seen, but before I saw who she was talking about I saw Larry Mullen standing there. Smiling, I walked up to him and said, "Larry! Hi!" After realising I knew who he was, he started smiling as well and seemed in very good spirits, talking very animatedly. He said, "You're here very early!" and I laughed, "Yeah, maybe, but we're not going to get anywhere near the stage. Apparently we're going to be the last to be let in!" And so we chatted for a while, and I think we walked into the building. He started talking to me about doing the music from Bridge Over The River Kwai, and told me how he'd wanted to end it a certain way. He forgot how he'd wanted to end it, though, so he started air drumming to try and remember; but in the end he'd messed up and did it differently. After that, I ended up back with my sister and the aforementioned talking cat, who communicated more by nodding and pawing in a particular way than actually speaking. Some other things went on in the dream for a while (I can't remember what), but I was walking back towards the 'garden' from the opposite direction when I saw the band setting up their instruments in the middle of the garden area! And, in the timely manner that seems to only happen in dreams, Bono turned around and thanked me for getting the band to move out of the building so that more people could get seeing them. Then everyone applauded me as I walked around the stage and into the audience. It was bizarre, but incredibly fun - AND my first Larry-centric dream!

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
During the craziness of final exam week, I had a weird dream where Larry was an African-American and the lead singer, Bono was the bassist, Edge was the drummer (except he only had one cymbal!), and Adam was nowhere to be seen. :D