Author Topic: Your U2 dreams  (Read 24749 times)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
Re: Your U2 dreams
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
I had one last night after watching a video of Bono outside their studio talking to fans. And Bono was at the dentist office behind my house because the dentist goes away to LA to do celebrities teeth I guess. But Bono was back there and then his car couldnt start and since it was cold he walked to my house and asked if he could use the phone and then he ended up staying a while. And then he gave me his phone number and free tickets to one of their shows. And gave me a hug and signed the wall of my bedroom... don't ask how he got there... it kinda just happened ;)

mariamontreal

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
I'm with you darkangel ,too many too mention.  ( if you know what I mean )
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:21:23 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My dreams are far to disturbing for me to mention!  ;D

;D Hey... it happens :]

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 01:29:19 AM »
My dreams are far to disturbing for me to mention!  ;D

;D Hey... it happens :]

It happens to you too?

You had the one where Bono turned into Freddie Kruger yet?

achtungchild

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 02:21:44 AM »
I actually had a U2 nightmare!!! Bono was knocking at my frontdoor as a traveling-salesman, meanwhile I'm taking a shower which causes me to go into panic. Immediately after arriving at the door, Bono drives away in his car...

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »
I've had a lot of short U2 dreams since the last time I posted here...

• I see that I have 50 mails from my mailing lists and it turns out that Bono is in the hospital, because he has lost his voice (nothing serious)
  • I get a new cd and dvd from Passengers, but it takes ages to take the plastic of... At least it looked nice ;)
  • I am sitting on a little chair on the front row listening to U2
  • Adam and Edge are wearing black Allstars (yes that was all :P)
  • I've heard Get On Your Boots twice in my dreams (before it was released) (sounded similar to Bass Trap)

Some were somewhat longer:

• There is an Monty Python sketch where they perform movies and speak in morse and things like that (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login it really starts after 1 minute) And in my dream Adam was going to play in the Wuthering Heights bit and John Cleese gave him a tour around the set.

This one is a little sad (at least for me)
  • Two of my friends have been to an U2 furniture sale (apparently that exists :D)
    I ask (a little sad) "Why have you not told me there was one? I did not know of it  :("
    Then they say "Oh, but why should we tell you? You don't need furniture don't you! And what on earth would you do there?!"
    "Well... I could look at it... I would love to have seen U2 furniture"
    "That's just silly and stupid!!" I almost started crying  :(

And I dreamed about the album! :)
  • It was 27 February and I was racing home to hear the new album. I got there really late (around 18:00)(how on earth did I manage to need 4 hours to get home?) I went to my room, put the cd in the cd-player and pressed the play button... The song started with a heavy bass line and some drums where added after that. It reminded me a little of 'Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come' I was really excited and it sounded very VERY great, but then my dad comes in my room and asks a silly question. I give an answer and he goes away. A few seconds later he's interrupting me again and again and again, so I could not hear more than the first 10 seconds...(but it sounded great!!! :P)

So that was all ;D

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
I had a dream the other night that U2 was performing in a Valentine's Day concert, and I didn't know until the start. They began with "Streets," (the version from Slane!) and I ran to the back of the building to go tell my best friend (also a major fan). When I got there, I turned around, and BONO was standing there!  :o He wore pink shades and a groovy trench coat, and I remember him being distinctly... not tall.  ;) He chatted with me for awhile, while the rest of the band kept playing "Streets." It was a happy dream. :D

Offline OneStepCloser

• Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
I had a U2 dream a couple days ago. Started with me sitting a small, dimly lit cafe and Bono comes walking in in Fly garb. He sees me and smiles and walks to his table, and I figure he's just going to enjoy his coffee that was already waiting for him and not talk to anyone, and I was fine with that since he at least smiled at me. Then he takes off his leather jacket and comes over to my table, and asks if I want to dance. At this point its just us in the place, so we start dancing and he sings All I Want Is You to me  :D Then he tells me he has to go because he's playing a concert, but he invites me to come. So next thing I know we're in this hockey rink, and I've got GA tickets. And during All I Want Is You he pulls me up stage and we start dancing again and he says "This seems awfully familiar...do I know you from somewhere?" and we both laugh at our inside joke  :) Then my dream melds into another one where they boys are all playing on a small stage in a little pub and no one is paying attention because they don't know who U2 are. All of a sudden Edge gets upset and stops playing and says that Adam stole his riff?? So Bono says "Hey boys, let's not fight, just keep playing." Edge tells Bono to shut up, Larry tells Edge not to tell Bono to shut up, Bono tells Larry not to yell at Edge, and Larry gets mad at Bono saying he was on his side. Then Edge says he cant take it anymore and quits, and then Larry leaves, and then Bono  :'( So Adam and I are standing there on the stage and he starts crying so I comfort him and tell him all we need is love lol and then I woke up. I made U2 break up in my dreams  :-\

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
I had a dream that U2 came to my city (Adelaide) and I went to see them in concert, the first song that was played was Unknown Caller, and Bono was the only one performing the song, he was doing drum fills on a snare drum (ala Vertigo tour) while being surrounded by dancing people with colourfully painted faces. The next scene was me at my computer listening to the concert which was streamed live from the concert on iTunes, and stopped about 6 songs in.  ;D

Offline thehype88

• Stateless
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
i was sitting with them at a restaurant in NYC at the end of a long, crowded table. Bono was to my right, Adam was in front of my and Edge and Larry where to his left. and i jokingly asked Adam how much he charged for private bass lessons. he smiled, then i woke up

Offline OneStepCloser

• Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
lol Well at least you woke up with a nice picture of Adam in your head  ;)

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »
Last night I had a dream that the presale tickets went on sale at 2:30, and since I get out of school at 2:22 I had to sprint home to buy them. And the website used to buy them looked like the old U2.com.

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »
I've had U2 dreams the last couple of nights... must be the excitement over the upcoming tour... or, come to think of it, the fact that I'm listening to them on my iPod as I fall asleep...  ::)

3/14/09   
Dreamt last night that I was at a U2 concert with my brother Pip, Dad, and Mom. It was an outdoor concert, around dusk. We were up on some sort of raised area, with people behind us on another, higher, platform thing, and we had a great view. Bono was singing and walking around on a raised path right in front of us as U2 played their first song. When they started into another, I remember hats being tossed out into the crowd, and myself pointing a red one out to Pip that had landed on the audience level above and behind us.

During the next song—Beautiful Day, maybe?—Bono talked to the crowd. Then he took a bucket that looked like the spotlight he uses in Rattle and Hum, and used it to splash us. A woman across from me in the audience got very indignant when her hair got wet, but I loved it.

Then it was like the splashes from Bono became a downpour—the heavens opened and it poured. All of a sudden, people turned and started heading indoors. I asked if they were canceling the show, ‘cause I couldn’t quite believe it, and Mom said “yes”. She wasn’t too heartbroken, and I was kind of annoyed about it, as I would have stayed despite the rain.

I turned back to try to spot any of the band members, made my way through the crowd a bit, and wound up face-to-face with Bono. Up close, he looked just like he did during the JT era, and he was quite handsome, even in the almost dark. Bono saw me, and I told him how much I’d appreciated the show.

He was very gracious, and thanked me. I was afraid he’d have to head off, and that was all I’d get to say, but he started walking with me and the rest of the crowd (I believe his bandmates were nearby as well). While we walked, he leaned toward me.

“Are you cold?” He asked, and his voice was sweetly and genuinely concerned.

I shook my head, I think, and he answered his own question, “No—you’re hot.” Somehow, it sounded sincere, and I knew he meant it to mean I was passionate about life. As he spoke, Bono smiled, and I choked up with emotion at his compliment.

“Thank you so much,” I managed to say.

Then I began to tell him what he, U2, and their music have meant to me over the years, but my dream faded before I could say much. *sigh*

Offline ultraviolet12

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »

LOL!!  :D Really! :D  This is the funniest thread!!

Well, my dream started out with me and Bono in some garden and get this, he was playing the tart.  He pulled me close, and just as I thought he was going to kiss me and break my heart, he pulls back and holds up my hands.  He looks at my bitten cuticles and clucks his tongue.  He looks me deep in my eyes and says "You'll never make it if your hands look like this."

Cut to - me in a tiny van with the boys and their crew.  We're carefully navigating a cliff covered in snow.  The van breaks down.  Edge and I climb out and walk away on a snowy path through trees (think New Years Day video).  While we walk along the path, we spot his daughter, Blue, happily slide by on her sled.  Edge says "Ah, there's my daughter Blue."  I smile and we get into a deep conversation about life and all that's in it.  We end up in front of my apartment building, and I say, well, this is me.  He gives me a great big hug goodbye.  I point him to the pub across the street.  I wake up.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »
Ultraviolet12, what did you eat/drink before you went to sleep?