Author Topic: I've Never Seen U2 In Concert. Don't Judge Me!  (Read 9215 times)

Boom Cha!

I've Never Seen U2 In Concert. Don't Judge Me!
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »
Well I guess this thread is for us U2 fans who have yet to seem them live. (Hopefully that will change later this year)

I really don't know what can be talked about here, besides sad stories about how we didn't see them in concert. :(

Anywho, are there any other hardcore U2 fans out there that have yet to see them at their best? ???

InThisHeartland

Re: I've Never Seen U2 In Concert. Don't Judge Me!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »
ME! I've been a fan all my music-listening life, but have yet to see them. In fact, I have never been to a concert at all! But hopefully U2 will come to Chicago this tour. Hmmmm... But to be fair I am only 15, so all but Vertigo were pretty much out of the question. Seeing ZooTV when I was a couple months old? I don't think so.  :)

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
never seen them live either.  :(

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:45:42 PM »
Me either, but I intend to rectify that as soon as possible!  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:20:34 PM »
Hey, Boom Cha! I have been a fan since the very beginning and I have only seen them twice in all those years. The last time was the Joshua Tree so don't feel so bad. That is why it is so important that I see them this time! It has been way too long not to see a band that means everything to me. If anyone judges you in a negative way here I just don't think they really belong in Matt's forum.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:29:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey, Boom Cha! I have been a fan since the very beginning and I have only seen them twice in all those years. The last time was the Joshua Tree so don't feel so bad. That is why it is so important that I see them this time! It has been way too long not to see a band that means everything to me. If anyone judges you in a negative way here I just don't think they really belong in Matt's forum.

Well nothing's gonna stop me from seeing them on this next tour!

I recently moved to Pennsylvania over the summer. I live much closer to a lot of big cities then I did before. Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC, New York City....I'll catch them at one of those!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »

I recently moved to Pennsylvania over the summer. I live much closer to a lot of big cities then I did before. Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC, New York City....I'll catch them at one of those!

Hey, if you go to NYC, you never know-we could meet! I would love to go to a concert with a fellow forum member. I am just going to wind up dragging someone with me who just does not have the love of them like I do. Sometimes I think I would be better off going by myself and making friends there!

Boom Cha!

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »

Hey, if you go to NYC, you never know-we could meet! I would love to go to a concert with a fellow forum member. I am just going to wind up dragging someone with me who just does not have the love of them like I do. Sometimes I think I would be better off going by myself and making friends there!

Who knows! We could have seats right next to each other and never know! It is a small world.

I'll try to think of a signal that I can give so you know it's me.....I'll shout "Boom Cha!" repeatedly.....then you'll know it's me.... :D ;D

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »
I've never seen U2 in concert and really hope to make it to one on their NLOTH tour.  The reason for this is that I didn't really become a U2 fan until early 2007, although since then they've become my favourite band.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:05 AM »
If anyone judges you in a negative way here I just don't think they really belong in Matt's forum.

I agree with the sentiment, but not with the label. This is YOUR forum. It belongs to all of you.

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »
Never seen them either. But as others have said, Will hopefully change shortly.

Mal

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 09:48:38 AM »
I missed the Vertigo tour.....and Elevation....and Popmart......and ZooTv..I wasn't even born  :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:10:55 PM by Nielsen »

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
If anyone judges you in a negative way here I just don't think they really belong in Matt's forum.

I agree with the sentiment, but not with the label. This is YOUR forum. It belongs to all of you.

Thank you Matt!  I do think you are being modest.   I still must say that you, Joe and Hawk have a little something to do with this being such a nice U2 site and forum. I'm sure all of members will stand behind me when I say we appreciate all that the entire @U2 staff does for the fans. ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »

Thank you Matt!  I do think you are being modest.   I still must say that you, Joe and Hawk have a little something to do with this being such a nice U2 site and forum. I'm sure all of members will stand behind me when I say we appreciate all that the entire @U2 staff does for the fans. ;)

Agreed!!

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »

I often go to U2 shows by myself and end up having a great time.  It really is better than dragging a non-fan who doesn't appreciate the music or understand my obsession.  Don't worry about going solo - you'll meet plenty of other people who are also there alone. 

All of you guys who haven't seen U2 live yet are sure in for a treat!!   ;D