Author Topic: I've Never Seen U2 In Concert. Don't Judge Me!  (Read 9363 times)

hrsan

Re: I've Never Seen U2 In Concert. Don't Judge Me!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »
I've been a fan since War but only saw them 3 times.  I missed my chance on the Unforgettable Fire tour and everybody I went to school with who went were telling me that was the best show they had seen.  As to date, the U2 show is one of the top 10 concerts at the Jacksonville Coliseum.

That said, I saw them on the Joshua Tree tour in Tampa Stadium in 1987.  It was freezing, I had terrible seats and the sound was bad. 

I missed them on ZooTV (due to lack of funds) and PopMart (due to moving).  Cut to 2001, I saw them on the Elevation tour in Madison Square Garden with No Doubt (what a makeup show)  This was right after 9/11 and the show was electrifying to say the least.   I then caught them again on the Vertigo tour at the Continental Airlines Arena in 2005.  A good show, great setlist, but not the best show I saw.

I don't care too much for stadium shows so I think I will pass on this tour.    That means less competition for you first timers.

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
I've never seen them in concert either. My boyfriend and I briefly considered going to PopMart but dismissed it because at the time I'd not been following them for a few years and he wasn't really knowledgeable about their new stuff either. Aaaaargh!

This year, however, I'm going with my coworker who is 60 and an absolute blast to be with and who for some reason has never been to a U2 concert either, which is something she's looking forward to rectifying as well!

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »
I've never been. I wasn't aware of their music until a handful of years ago, and not a true fan until '07. So I'm very excited for the upcoming tour, though with my family likely moving soon, I've no idea where I'll be when they come here (other than somewhere in the US)... Hopefully, I'll be able to get tickets.

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
  • beaten and blown by the wind
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 12:08:56 AM »
i have never been as well, hopefully they come to montreal so i can take full advantage.

Offline Kater2009

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »
Guys,

If you have never seen them live you will be BLOWN away. Have been a fan for 21 years now and they are bloody unreal!

If you get the chance, go!

xx

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 05:55:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Definitely no judgements here Boom Cha, only good wishes that you may experience the joy that is U2 live.

I really feel sorry for people like J2736 and others in more remote parts of their country, where U2 and presumably many other international acts just don't visit. It was frustrating enough that Australia missed out on seeing the Elevation tour, but to always miss out on a tour must be multiple times worse. If anyone tours down here, they will always play Sydney, but other state capitals like Adelaide (Hi Vlad) or Perth can sometimes miss out. The DVD's are great but there not the same as being there.

thanks for your compassion for people like me who don't have chances of watching U2 live in concert. in the last few years, a lot of international acts have been visiting our country(Philippines)for concerts. Maroon 5, Daughtry, Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Neyo,The Chemical Romance and many more which I can't remember. Journey and Akon are soon to arrive..and The Beatles..they came ( i was still a few months old then. ) Yes, i know, they are not as big as U2 (except The Beatles) but...still...

it is really frustrating for us not being included in U2's tours.  :(

Offline boilers2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
It took me ten years to see U2.  The first time I saw U2 was the Popmart tour. WOW! The best U2 show for me was in Chicago on Bono's birthday.