Author Topic: Sat Radio & Video Games  (Read 4607 times)

Offline TeddyTV

• Babyface
Sat Radio & Video Games
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Anyone heard if U2 will have a dedicated channel on XM/Sirius? Seems like every major artist to release new material in the past year or so has had a dedicated satellite radio channel. You know, if Coldplay deserves a channel... I'm just saying.

Also, the other 'big thing' to do nowadays is to have a video game with Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I haven't seen any U2 songs on either platform, but it'd be cool to be able to play U2 tunes on the 'ol Playstation.

Offline domino

• Refugee
Re: Sat Radio & Video Games
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
im with you on that one! i'm dyin to play The Fly on guitar hero. there are ways to create custom songs and such but im just too lazy too investigate and fiddle around with gaming things...

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:25:01 AM »
Coldplay do not in any way deserve all they have! *ducks*

on a brighter note, why play guitar hero when you can play songs like the Fly easily on the real thing...

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:22:19 AM »
They have Yellow on Guitar Hero - that's an insult to U2! They have Zoo Station, Discotheque and the Fly! Violet Hill is the only thing that Coldplay have that borders on a "rock" tone  :P

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
Yeh a U2 song on guitar hero or rock band would be cool. And I agree about Coldplay.

Mal

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:09 PM »
Coldplay reminds me of something Bono (ironically enough) said back in the day. To paraphrase...he said that a lot of bands today that people think are great aren't really all that good. They just remind us of bands or songs that were good, and that's why people like them. I think Coldplay fits into that category perfectly.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
I heard somewhere that Mysterious Ways was going to be on a future Guitar Hero game.  Not sure if it's true but I guess it would be a good song for the game. 

Plus, it's a song I wouldn't mind being "ruined" by Guitar Hero.  (ie whenever I hear certain songs now, I automatically think of Guitar Hero and my fingers want to start pressing buttons - yeah, I play it a lot  :-\ )