Author Topic: Hampden questions  (Read 1452 times)

Offline theduke

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Every day I'm younger than I am tomorrow
Hampden questions
« on: August 13, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
Just a couple of questions re the Hampden date on Tuesday, hopefully people who have already been to shows this tour can help:

1) What time do you think you would need to start queueing to make sure you get in the inner circle? I was thinking around midday to 1pm? Last time I went to Hampden for the 2005 show, there was multiple entrances to the stadium for GA, but on the ticket this time it states there is only one entrance for GA (stadium tunnel 46). Is this because of the stage set-up? How was it arranged at Croke, Nou Camp etc?

2) How many people does the inner circle hold? Was speaking to my friend who I'm going with, he reckons about 3000. That seems a bit high to me. Thoughts?

3) Does the inner circle hold more, about the same, or less than the number of people who got in the section where you got wristbands/stamped on the Vertigo tour?

Thanks for your views, apologies for so many questions!!!!

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Hampden questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
The inner circle holds well over 2000. For Hampden about 3pm onwards will be plenty of time to gain entry into the inner circle. You may be standing on your own at 1200 !! :P

Offline warby

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a couple of questions re the Hampden date on Tuesday, hopefully people who have already been to shows this tour can help:

1) What time do you think you would need to start queueing to make sure you get in the inner circle? I was thinking around midday to 1pm? Last time I went to Hampden for the 2005 show, there was multiple entrances to the stadium for GA, but on the ticket this time it states there is only one entrance for GA (stadium tunnel 46). Is this because of the stage set-up? How was it arranged at Croke, Nou Camp etc?

2) How many people does the inner circle hold? Was speaking to my friend who I'm going with, he reckons about 3000. That seems a bit high to me. Thoughts?

3) Does the inner circle hold more, about the same, or less than the number of people who got in the section where you got wristbands/stamped on the Vertigo tour?

Thanks for your views, apologies for so many questions!!!!

I think you will be safe even late in the day as most people will be at the Celtic game, looks like we may get to choose the set list as it will be a song per audience member! Can't wait!

Warby

Offline FearOfHeights

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »
I'm going through from Edinburgh at 9am, so will probably be there for about 10:30.  Would love to be first in the queue but suspect I won't be.  Nevertheless, if there's only a handful of people around, what's needed is a decent pub with good beer and food within sight of the stadium so the status of the queue can be reviewed at regular intervals.

If anyone knows a good pub around there...?  Even better, if it has a juke box with a decent U2 selection on it!  And then, how about all @u2 fans congregate there..?

Offline zac92

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone know what's happening at Wembley...? Will there be wristbands/stamps for re-entry do you think...? Either way, I won't be able to get there till about 7pm...so don't think I'll be getting in the inner circle :(

Offline warby

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
Hey,

Does anyone know what's happening at Wembley...? Will there be wristbands/stamps for re-entry do you think...? Either way, I won't be able to get there till about 7pm...so don't think I'll be getting in the inner circle :(

There were wrist bands at Wembley, I was not in the pit but Redzone. Pit looked good but pretty stacked. Also if you get in the Pit I reckon you want to be on the outside rail by the catwalk, otherwise you are going to have a very stiff neck!

Warby

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 02:23:37 AM »
I'm going through from Edinburgh at 9am, so will probably be there for about 10:30.  Would love to be first in the queue but suspect I won't be.  Nevertheless, if there's only a handful of people around, what's needed is a decent pub with good beer and food within sight of the stadium so the status of the queue can be reviewed at regular intervals.

If anyone knows a good pub around there...?
  Even better, if it has a juke box with a decent U2 selection on it!  And then, how about all @u2 fans congregate there..?

The Beechwood right at the back of the celtic end at hampden(its just behind a row of shops.) Thats were i will be from lunchtime 8)

Offline theduke

• Every day I'm younger than I am tomorrow
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
Thanks very much for the replies :) Roll on Tuesday!!!

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
Ticketmaster - U2(hampden) on stage 8.15 that cant be right ???

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »
They did take the stage at about 8:20 last night.    8)