Author Topic: Wembley 2 : Best gig of my life  (Read 3504 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Wembley 2 : Best gig of my life
« on: August 15, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »
Tonight was simply outstanding, the set changes were stelllar, with a great flow to the evening. I have never enjoyed a gig so much in my life, the boys are starting to hit a groove and iron out a set of pure quality. I am so high at this moment in time you have no idea, who needs drugs!

To hear until the end of the world again (heard in Dublin 1) and New Year's Day and Stay and Bad just blew my mind. Tonight proves the boys are still at the top of their game and long may it continue.

Let's hope they tour again next year!

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Wembley 2 : Best gig of my life
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »
Thats great to hear,so by Sheffield on Thursday,they should be smoking hot!

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:53:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tonight was simply outstanding, the set changes were stelllar, with a great flow to the evening. I have never enjoyed a gig so much in my life, the boys are starting to hit a groove and iron out a set of pure quality. I am so high at this moment in time you have no idea, who needs drugs!

To hear until the end of the world again (heard in Dublin 1) and New Year's Day and Stay and Bad just blew my mind. Tonight proves the boys are still at the top of their game and long may it continue.

Let's hope they tour again next year!

I think I might have to agree with this - not fully digested it yet, but it was simply amazing!

Was lucky enough to be at both wembley gigs, and Wembley 2 was so much better than the first!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »
It was just mindblowing wasn't it? Last night was pretty decent but tonight was just different league. If it's not on dvd I will eat my hat.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was just mindblowing wasn't it? Last night was pretty decent but tonight was just different league. If it's not on dvd I will eat my hat.

Hopefully this is the DVD, hopefully!!!!!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »
When Beautiful day came on we stood up, the guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and pointed down so I said 'I didn't come to a U2 show to sit down' and continued standing. He said if you don't i'll sit you down next thing I know he shoved me into my seat. I could'nt believe the rudeness that I came across this evening, I switched seats and continued standing, singing my heart out.

The guy was not going to put me off a brilliant evening and he didn't but how can you possibly go to U2 gig and sit down?

Ten minutes later he standing up...........

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »
I don't blame you at ALL Eddy. We were the same at Dublin 3- generally brilliant audience, my stand sat down, didn't clap, didn't sing... they sat through Streets! STREETS! But my friends and I stood, leapt up and down, clapped, waved our arms and sang every word to every song. I saw people look at us and exhcange angry glances, AND mutter mutinously afterwards, but frankly, I didn't care in the slightest. If they choose not to enjoy themselves, that's their affair- but they won't spoil it for the rest of us.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »
It was just so rude, I couldn't believe it.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 07:26:53 PM »
I know what you mean- you have to wonder why idiots like that bother to come!

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
That sucks eddyjedi, I can't believe he shoved you  >:( at least you didn't let it ruin your night ;D

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 07:32:38 PM »
Just back from the show and can't believe what I have just seen ! This was my 19th U2 show and I doubt whether I will ever see a better U2 show , it was unbelievable. The band,  especially Bono were on top form. Having seen five 360 shows and listened to every boot of the others , this night was easily the best of the tour. Phenomenal !!!!!!
I feel privileged to have witnessed it, it encapsulated why I follow this band, the greatest live band in the world bar none !

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »
I completely agree, twickenham 05 was stellar but this was just oustanding. There are so many great sections in there, particularly when beautiful day comes through the fog at the beginning, chiming through as bono improvises. It's an amazing segue from one song into the other. Also check out the way bono sings the end of SIAMYCGOO (I know it was friday) 'it's just a moment it's just a moment' etc, there are some brilliant touches by Bono on this tour.

I just wish I was going again, cardiff is soooooooo tempting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:41:28 PM by eddyjedi »

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
Glad that everyone had such a good time - I am still buzzing, too!  Next go-round we have to try to meet up.  I ran into Cathal, and being able to talk U2 stuff with an @U2 friend was stellar.  Wonder how many of you I walked past and did not even know it!  :)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
Maybe we should meet up for a u2 pub day? I'd be up for that

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 08:16:16 PM »
Just got back from the concert... i'm pretty speachless, it was mindblowing, i felt almost intoxicated walking out of the stadium  ;D