Author Topic: Wembley 2 : Best gig of my life  (Read 3502 times)

Luieu2

Re: Wembley 2 : Best gig of my life
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tonight was simply outstanding, the set changes were stelllar, with a great flow to the evening. I have never enjoyed a gig so much in my life, the boys are starting to hit a groove and iron out a set of pure quality. I am so high at this moment in time you have no idea, who needs drugs!

To hear until the end of the world again (heard in Dublin 1) and New Year's Day and Stay and Bad just blew my mind. Tonight proves the boys are still at the top of their game and long may it continue.

Let's hope they tour again next year!
its good to read what a true U2 fan says about the best Rock band in the world thanx for sharing this eddyjedi ;D ;)

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 06:34:19 AM »
Does anyone know a cure for a lost voice? Seriously, I can hardly speak today, I'm getting a bit worried I wont get it back in time for sheffield, there's no way I can stand in the pit and not shout my head off!!!! I know it was self inflicted because of the wembley shows, particularly wembley 2, I couldn't help myself!!  Any timps for a quick cure would be appreciated! It's been over 36 hours and it seems to be gettnig worse!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
Does anyone know a cure for a lost voice? Seriously, I can hardly speak today, I'm getting a bit worried I wont get it back in time for sheffield, there's no way I can stand in the pit and not shout my head off!!!! I know it was self inflicted because of the wembley shows, particularly wembley 2, I couldn't help myself!!  Any timps for a quick cure would be appreciated! It's been over 36 hours and it seems to be gettnig worse!

Scotty, you can try tea with lemon and honey to calm your throat if it hurts.  Vocal rest is the very best thing - don't even try to talk.  Whispering is actually worse for your vocal folds than talking at regular volume, so don't do that either.  I hope you get better soon so you can be singing along at Sheffield.  There was quite a lot of that going on at Wembley 2, wasn't there?   :)

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 07:06:50 AM »
Thanks, I take it you were there too? What a night, gettnig goosebumps just thinking about it! Anyway,  I tried honey and lemon and I looked on the web but most remedies are for virus based voice loss as opposed to abuse of the vocal chords! haha! It was worth it though! I was so lucky to be in a part of the pit where absolutely eveyone around me was mental and really going for it, much better than the friday show! I've been to 5 shows on this tour and never left with this sort of vocal damage! I thought I was singing and wooping loud before but I have obviously taken my voice to new heights this time!!! haha! I bet I'm not the only one.

Offline fly girl

• Babyface
  • I still haven't found what I'm looking for
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »
I'm still on a high from both gigs, but Saturdays was out of this world!  How magnificent were they?  What a show!  It was well worth a 4 year wait indeed and 6 hour wait in the queue.  I've uploaded some photos to facebook

Can't believe I made it into the pit both evenings, and front row - next to Adam 1st night, 3 people back next to the Edge the 2nd night.