Author Topic: (more than) 12 songs on the new album.  (Read 5272 times)

Offline U2STORM

• Wanderer
  • Me 2008
Re: (more than) 12 songs on the new album.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
The same Song titles are in the rolling stone article, but some of the discriptions are off from the more recent Q article from the  U2 mini site...I'm still trying to get a hold of my own copy by the way...anyone know how I can as a US citizen?

I gotta agree with Fishlips and u2yooper; U2 most likely tinkered with the songs and changed them up a little since the rolling stone interview. ;)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 02:35:20 AM »
But its still interesting that even though both magazines heard the early versions of the songs, both magazines say how good they are.  I can only imagine the finished songs....... ;D

Offline tacoisahotburito

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »
Is it in Rollingstone that Tripoli is firstmentioned?
I never heard this title before!

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »
here is what the rolling stone interview says To tide you over, here's a track-by-track preview of 10 choice songs   it does not say that these are all of the songs...just 10 of them

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not to be a buzz-kill here, but keep in mind that both of these magazine articles are referencing songs that were still incomplete at the time the interviews took place.  There is no guarantee that all of these songs will be included on the album.

It's fun to get excited about what's being said... but to avoid disappointment I'm not expecting any more than 11 songs.  Any more than that and it's a bonus.

I gotta agree with FishLips.  The Rolling Stones article was taken from songs they heard in December.  A whole lot could have gone on between then and now.  U2 is notorious for tinkering with an album right up to the last minute.  The song list doesn't even agree with the one in 'Q" magazine, does it?  (I know I could take a moment and look it up, but I'm too lazy.)  I don't think this article is the final word, tantalizing as it may sound.  (An unexpectedly slinky groove?  A hypnotically loping bass line?  My mouth is watering!)

I can agree with these two posts. However, I think it's a bit strange that when Bono was at the horse races on December 26, and was asked to sum up the album in 3 words, his reply was "It's very long."
I realize that this could mean anything, but why would he choose that particular adjective? And is it at all possible that there could be two different albums here that will be released? m2 brought this up in one of his OTR columns a few weeks ago. I also remember Daniel Lanois saying that he was mixing half of an album a while back. Or was it half of the material. Anyway though...why just half? There is certainly evidence for two different albums here. Or at least one double album.
...and where the heck is Mercy??

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
Mercy is very unlikely to appear on the album, there has been no mention of it for at least a year.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
Mercy is very unlikely to appear on the album, there has been no mention of it for at least a year.

I sort of have that feeling too. Best case senario is that they just changed the name, or it will be the world's best B-side.

There could also be other tracks that will appear on the album(s) that also haven't been talked about.