Author Topic: What is it like behind the stage  (Read 1108 times)

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
What is it like behind the stage
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »
Have ticks for sheffield and due to going to dublin, thought i'd chance the £30 seats.

What is the experience like, always thought it may feela but detached assuming the band have the back to you for most of the concert, interested to hear real experiences.

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
Re: What is it like behind the stage
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »
My main concern was the atmosphere would be ruined by the band not interacting with behind the stage as much but trust me, when you're there, you don't care.

Offline philip861

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »
I think 90% of fans (i.e. all those who aren't in the pit) spend 90% of the concert watching the screen, so I wouldn't worry about it detracting from your experience

Offline reventhon

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
It's not too bad. You get a great view when the band enters and leaves and they do walk round there a bit but not as much as they could! Larry spins his drumkit around at one point and you get an unobscured view of that. Contrast that with paying £85 to sit just a bit further round and I think you've got a good price!

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »
The people in that section on Friday seemed to have agood time. One guy had a huge space to dance and jump all to himself as soon as they came onstage. He had a ball!

countrygirl

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
Sounds like it will be fine.  I just hope I don't get some idiots who want to sit behind me instead of stand.....Cause I ain't sitting!!!!

Offline mjfagan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »
I had £30 seats for both Wembley nights, as a result of costs of seeing them both nights in Dublin. I wasn’t at all concerned re where they were positioned really, when you are that high up in a 90,000 seater stadium you’ve got to expect the experience to be a little different. The seats we had for 30 quid I thought were great, not slap behind the stage but more to the side but I knew of people that were only 2-3 blocks of seats away from us (closer to being right behind the stage) where seats were £85, for me there was no justification for a 50 quid seat price difference, the experience of the show was looking to be the same if not actually better in the £30 seats.

The experience of the show here is just as good, if you’ve seen the show already it’s good to get it from a different angle I think and U2 turned Wembley into a club gig on both nights anyway – amazing!!!

My only gripe and this is nothing to do with U2 is the moronic people who pay money to go to a gig and then sit for most of it but who DON’T want anyone else to stand and enjoy themselves!!! What gives?!!! Both nights the entire section we were in were sat static for the all the NLOTH openers, a few stood when Elevation and BD started. That was the only thing that slightly spoilt it for me though it didn’t detract from 2 amazing shows, I guess a lot will depend on how much there are U2 fans in these seats around you rather than people who’ve turned up to be able to say they were at a U2 gig once!!!

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 06:07:38 AM »
Besides the d******* behind me i mentioned earlier, i also had a middle aged couple next to me who left half way through streets!!!