Author Topic: Spoiler- Beautiful Day  (Read 1363 times)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Spoiler- Beautiful Day
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »
...So, any thoughts on the new intro, or did I miss that? There's a slow fade-in with the chords of Beautiful Day steadily becoming more noticeable while Bono appears to improve lyrics. (Built around what sounds like 'We love you'...?) Has this been used prior to this tour? Better or worse, in people's opinions?

Offline Magnificent

• Wanderer
Re: Spoiler- Beautiful Day
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:32 AM »
Beautiful Day was a real surprise for me. Was getting a little tired of it but it sounded fantastic on Saturday.

Offline mboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
not a big BD fan , i wish they'd replace it with Elevation at some point

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...So, any thoughts on the new intro, or did I miss that? There's a slow fade-in with the chords of Beautiful Day steadily becoming more noticeable while Bono appears to improve lyrics. (Built around what sounds like 'We love you'...?) Has this been used prior to this tour? Better or worse, in people's opinions?

Yes the intro has been used the whole tour and I absolutely LOVE it.  I hope it stays around for Boston 1 and 2

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »
I hadn't heard a word about the new intro so my friend (Beautiful Day is his favourite song. Not just u2- I mean by ANYONE ) and I were slightly confused when we couldn't recognise the fifth song- which had ALWAYS been BD up to that point.

Then we slowly picked up on the chords.... and the moment when the audience recognised it and went absoloutely insane was just magic.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
if you listen to it carefully, you can heard the chords of BD in the new intro..

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
I like the new intro. I think I'd love it even more with cleaned-up audio like on a concert DVD, just so I can figure it out more. I haven't really gotten a good feel for how it sounds just based off of fan videos.

The Blackbird snippet at the end is really good too! :)

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »
It's great. really gives it that epic feel. in London they Bono sang London Bridge at the start also.

IF you listen closely, you can hear the picked harmonics for Beautiful Day in the background over the synth intro.

Like you, Unknown Caller, I knew BD would be the fifth song and was quite surprised by this intro as I had not seen any footage on youtube prior to my first gig, Dublin 3. But when I recognised it I started going mad! Great song live on this tour.

Offline dragmio

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 03:27:43 AM »
Way better than the studio version. Of course, that wasn't too hard to achieve... :)