Author Topic: Who has the Willpower???  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Who has the Willpower???
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »
For those who have US tickets and who've followed 360 so far whether it be on Twitter or on this board....Who has the willpower to shut it down come Chicago and not look at anything until your show? I'm going to both shows at Giants Stadium and unfortunately I have no willpower whatsoever.  Wish I did.  There's definitely going to be some changes above and beyond "Your Blue Room". 

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: Who has the Willpower???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »
I've followed every show here and on Twitter and I'm not sure if I could hold off for my Boston shows.  I kinda want to not look and be surprised but I also kinda want to look so I can know what to expect.  I dont know

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »
I only have a modicum of willpower.  Before I saw Wembley 2, I had been following all the set lists.  I made a point of not following Wembley 1, though, because I did not want to be able to predict what changes I might see.  I am going to Charlottesville in the US.  I will probably follow the shows in the US except for Washington DC, which is the show immediately preceding Charlottesville.  It's just too exciting to watch it all unfold for me to walk away at this point.   ;D

countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
You should know me enough Gravy that there is NOOOOOOOOOO WAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I could stop following now. ;D

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
that is why I am going to CHI 1 & 2.....no will no power.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
I guess I have some.
I'm going to Chicago 1 and 2 so no worries for the NA leg. However, I stopped reading setlists after the Nice show and haven't watched any full concerts, just boots for one time events-like the Flashmob in Poland and the 3 guys who played Angel of Harlem.
This is my first U2 concert and I want all the surprises I can get. After Chicago 2 I'm FREE to partake! ;D

Birdlover
17 Days to Go!

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:04:30 AM »
I have the willpower to resist video clips, but not set lists.  Not sure what that means, but I'm going with it.

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
I would do it if my show wasn't Vancouver, the very last stop in North America. That's just to darn long to wait :)

-Nick

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »
I'm off to Foxboro, so my willpower can last that long (I think).......I think I can, I think I can....that's my plan.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm thinking I might.  I have to wait 'til Dallas and the only thing I really want to know is how the GA lines are going.  I know enough about what they're playing that I think I can stay out of Setlist Parties and off YouTube.  I'll be busy with work until then anyway.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »
I had the willpower with the album release but absolutely NO power to resist checking out the set lists. I'll be seeing them in Giants Stadium but I will be following Chicago on the 12th!! ;D ;)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »
Buckled on the european leg but I'm going to be strong for the US leg. Really.

Offline evilways811

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »
I think I can hold off until my Giant's Stadium gig, that is until someone posts something like "OMG11!! the fly is back!!!" or "they brought back discotheque!!" without spoiler tags. Then all will go to hell as far as willpower goes.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think I can hold off until my Giant's Stadium gig, that is until someone posts something like "OMG11!! the fly is back!!!" or "they brought back discotheque!!" without spoiler tags. Then all will go to hell as far as willpower goes.

You going the 25th which is now the 23rd or the 24th which will become undoubtedly become October 15th once the Rockettes announce they need Giants Stadium to practice for their Christmas Spectacular???

Offline evilways811

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »
24th. I'm a bit jealous though, cause I wanted to be there on the first night that MUSE played an US stadium with their new album, now all the 25th-ers get that chance.