Author Topic: 3D Hologram for next tour  (Read 1777 times)

Offline u2dude

• Babyface
3D Hologram for next tour
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:11 AM »

I went to the Barcelona and Wembley shows which were fantastic but only because I was quite close to the stage.  For most of the crowd, they just watch the video screens - it is just like being in a theatre for them (with atmosphere of course) because the band is so hard to see.

Imagine going to a U2 concert that had a 3D hologram of the band directly above the stage which basically shows a blown up version of each band member.  This would give everyone the same feeling as being right at the front of the stage.

If anyone knows any of the band, let them know about this idea.  I want to see it on their next tour.  :)

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
Re: 3D Hologram for next tour
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »
Cool idea. I like it, plus, I think it is doable. THe only thing is though that I don't think you will see it on the Songs of ascent tour because I think the  SOA tour will be quieter and smaller and less technologically amazing.

Offline Nlee

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cool idea. I like it, plus, I think it is doable. THe only thing is though that I don't think you will see it on the Songs of ascent tour because I think the  SOA tour will be quieter and smaller and less technologically amazing.

The tour support for Songs of Ascent may be similar to how Zooropa material was integrated into Zoo TV, as opposed to a completely fresh tour, conceptually.

-Nick

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:58:57 AM »
u2dude, with ideas like that, you better tell willie williams to watch out!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »
Ronnie James Dio had a giant crystal ball onstage during the tour for his 3rd solo album; holograms were projected inside it. This would've been 1986 or 1987.

You're discussing something way beyond that, but someday it will be done.  8)

#@!

Offline u2dude

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

hmmm something like this perhaps:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login