Author Topic: Next week?  (Read 8688 times)

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
Re: Next week?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »
Oh man!!!  I can't believe we are this close, yet it is so far away!!!  It is like waiting on Xmas eve for Xmas morning to arrive when I was a kid!!!  I can't take it, new U2 always sounds so good.  So refreshing compared to all of the crap out there.

Offline brrrger

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
I would like it if someone could freeze me in the snow for the next 12 days or so and thaw me out when the single is out.

But just think: It's been 1506 days since we got a new album from U2 so if we have to wait 12 more days to hear the new single, that's only .7% of the time it's been since the last album. If we had started a countdown on November 23, 2004 waiting for "Get Your Boots On" to come out, we'd already be 99.3% of the way there.

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
.7%!!!!!   That is way too long!!!!!   Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :P

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »
Oh my gosh, I am so happy you took the time to do that calculation, brrrger.

Offline u2boy11

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
If I have to wait much longer, I think I will break out in a rash...

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
I emailed that radio station and asked if the new single is coming out next week for sure and this is what the reply was:

Tune in next week & find out

Yeah not a whole lot of info there I'm guessing they're getting emails up the ar*e about Get Your Boots On.  At least they emailed me back my local radio station didn't even respond. 

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »
I would take that as a yes, a bit of cheek in that.  ;D

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 06:31:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week.

Repeat X100

Please let it be good.  Repeat x 100

Please let it be the best thing since Achtung Baby. Repeat x100.

You mean "All That You Can't Leave Behind"? I like "Achtung Baby" but I keep getting the impression people are down on the last 2 albums. I thought they were both brilliant. And at the risk of starting a war that moves this thread into another topic, I like them better than Achtung Baby. But I think "Joshua Tree" is the best album in the history of mankind, so anything in that direction or style I am going to be leaning toward. I hope I didn't start a debate nobody can win...

And I think that regardless of how they style the new stuff, we'll all love it.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 06:50:34 AM »
I wish my radio station would let on what they know about the single release!!!!  Many of their dj's are big fans too!

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week. Please let it be next week.

Repeat X100

Please let it be good.  Repeat x 100

Please let it be the best thing since Achtung Baby. Repeat x100.

You mean "All That You Can't Leave Behind"? I like "Achtung Baby" but I keep getting the impression people are down on the last 2 albums. I thought they were both brilliant. And at the risk of starting a war that moves this thread into another topic, I like them better than Achtung Baby. But I think "Joshua Tree" is the best album in the history of mankind, so anything in that direction or style I am going to be leaning toward. I hope I didn't start a debate nobody can win...

And I think that regardless of how they style the new stuff, we'll all love it.

I really liked the last two albums. At least as much as I like Achtung Baby. They are both brilliant.  :)

mariamontreal

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 07:01:14 AM »
The single is supposed to be released next week or the week after . Usually Thursdays or Fridays . Can't wait ! Keep your ears tuned to your local music station next week .

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »
I'm sure it will be available somewhere on the Web long before it actually hits radio. I remember accessing Vertigo before its official release ... on a thread on this very web site.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
since i'm here in the Philippines, i might as well stay tuned here. but, our local radio stations here are also eagerly awaiting for the new U2 songs. ;D omg! i'm getting excited and nervous somehow!

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »
*sits still*

mariamontreal

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
There is a good possibly aburrow that it could leak out somewhere. But I thought Vertigo came out because of the ipod commercial  they did , I could be wrong.