51 (77.3%)
Maybe
9 (13.6%)
Maybe not
3 (4.5%)
I am not really interested in Guitar Hero
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: What about a U2 "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero"?  (Read 7681 times)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
Re: What about a U2 "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero"?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »
I like the idea of listing it by albums, but isn't it usually grouped by difficulty?

I like the idea of this (and I agree, "rock band" would be e better fit), but my one concern is that many of Edge's guitar parts try for a more minimalistic approach.  What if folks find the U2 stuff too easy to play?  For example, what is Edge's biggest guitar solo?  Maybe BTBS or the Fly?  These aren't exactly the "Free Bird" guitar solo, which "Guitar hero" seems to cater to.

There are probably enough that would work, at least as well as the Beatles' tunes.  I just see the blistering guitar solo as the one thing that is missing.  Am  I wrong?

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
And not to mention the fact that the bloke playing bass would be bored to death during With Or Without You...

It's pretty easy to overcome the boredom bit on the part of guitars, just make the player play all the delayed bits as well. Players would go berserk during WTSHNN.

Offline sheisraging

• Babyface
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme.....
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 12:06:28 AM »
They'll never do it. Edge sucks at Guitar Hero.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 06:11:04 AM »
They have so many songs that would work. My son has it though and its harder than you think to keep up.

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
A game where you could travel through U2's career, understanding and learning perhaps even new things that we don't know. But i might add... THERE CAREER ISN'T OVER YET! the game would be incomlpete without the next years... they might release there best ever album in the future. They might do the biggest and best tour??

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Couldn't they arrange it so that you can purchase and download their future hits set to guitar hero?  That way it keeps on going.

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They'll never do it. Edge sucks at Guitar Hero.

Lol!  :D :D

Boom Cha!

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »
I don't play Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but if there I was a U2 version I would buy it and play it.  8)

InThisHeartland

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »
A game where you could travel through U2's career, understanding and learning perhaps even new things that we don't know. But i might add... THERE CAREER ISN'T OVER YET! the game would be incomlpete without the next years... they might release there best ever album in the future. They might do the biggest and best tour??

I would like to, after you unlock different eras, go back and play red rocks as the fly, or pop era adam (with banana bass of course!) that would be too much fun! or use war era bono on the 360 tour!  :D :D

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 02:31:08 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hardly play games, but I liked guitar hero enough to buy it - I wasnt too bad at it. A U2 version would be the greatest!

deco20

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »
if there was a Guitar Hero/Rock Band for U2, the game has to change.

U2's music in terms of technique is quite simple. But the tricky part are in the effects. The game should come with a EFFECTS RACK. many pple write off The Edge but try playing and handling the effects at the same time are tricky. furthermore, try playing in tune with the delay and echo.

as for Adam's bass, it can work out. I mean, apart from a few songs, Adam's bass is actually quite complex. as complex as you would get from bassists from AC/DC to the Rolling Stones.

i just realised that a big hatred for U2 comes from the fact that U2 Haters say that they prostitute themselves to everything. curious as to why they never mention the selling out done by Aerosmith or Metallica when they did Guitar Hero.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »

U2's music in terms of technique is quite simple. But the tricky part are in the effects. The game should come with a EFFECTS RACK. many pple write off The Edge but try playing and handling the effects at the same time are tricky. furthermore, try playing in tune with the delay and echo.

as for Adam's bass, it can work out. I mean, apart from a few songs, Adam's bass is actually quite complex. as complex as you would get from bassists from AC/DC to the Rolling Stones.

i just realised that a big hatred for U2 comes from the fact that U2 Haters say that they prostitute themselves to everything. curious as to why they never mention the selling out done by Aerosmith or Metallica when they did Guitar Hero.

I was thinking about whether they could add an effects rack, even something simple with 4-5 pedals and that could make it a lot more like Edge plays.

Also, from what I have read (trying to avoid the videos), Adam adds bits to the bass line on some of the older songs.  Perhaps the "medium" version could be as it is on the record and the "hard" version adds the extra bits.  I'll know more once I see them, but I think they could do something like that on the game.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 08:15:22 AM »

:) the easier the better if you ask me - i like to play all the notes played, but it tends to be too hard, so i cant, so its annoying.

Offline ryansams91

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »
Personally I would absolutely love to see a guitar hero or rock band released featuring U2. It would by no means be any form of selling out, it would merely be another way for U2 to introduce a new generation to their music and share it with old and faithful fans in a way that they couldn't before. That being said, as the poll clearly shows, if so many of us really want to see a game featuring U2 then we should organize with a substantial amount of others who feel the same and create a forum or release some form of demonstration to the game designers allowing them to see the guaranteed sales they have to gain, rather than sit around hoping that they will lean our way. While on topic I also would like to see a Pink Floyd version as well or even a few songs, I don't care how complex or long the solos would be or how simple and monotonous the bass or guitar parts would be on a few parts to U2 songs either, I love the music and I most certainly would not complain if I could play it.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 05:36:11 AM »
Personally I would absolutely love to see a guitar hero or rock band released featuring U2. It would by no means be any form of selling out, it would merely be another way for U2 to introduce a new generation to their music and share it with old and faithful fans in a way that they couldn't before. That being said, as the poll clearly shows, if so many of us really want to see a game featuring U2 then we should organize with a substantial amount of others who feel the same and create a forum or release some form of demonstration to the game designers allowing them to see the guaranteed sales they have to gain, rather than sit around hoping that they will lean our way. While on topic I also would like to see a Pink Floyd version as well or even a few songs, I don't care how complex or long the solos would be or how simple and monotonous the bass or guitar parts would be on a few parts to U2 songs either, I love the music and I most certainly would not complain if I could play it.

I would never get tired of playing the full version of Echoes :D

Along with every other Pink Floyd and U2 song :P