Author Topic: Strokes New Album...  (Read 1354 times)

Achtung40Life

Strokes New Album...
« on: September 06, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
I'm not sure when it comes out nor what it will be like, but I read an interview where the lead singer stated "part of the songs sound like something from the 70's and others sound like music from the future." It's going to be very interesting to see how this album turns out. Also, to keep this topic going, any other indie/alternative rock albums coming out soon that you're excited for? 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 05:47:56 PM by Achtung40Life »

Boom Cha!

Re: Strokes New Album...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 05:40:27 PM »
I'm not a big fan of The Strokes. But, The Flaming Lips have a new double album coming out in October. It's called: Embryonic.

Luieu2

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
Muse album cant wait

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:15:09 AM »

I think a new Strokes album is still some way off isn't it?

I know that Julian Casablancas is releasing a solo album this autumn. It will be interesting to hear what that one sounds like.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm looking forward to Massive Attack's new work. Also Radiohead have a couple of new tracks out at the end of the month - available on 10" or download only. Ian Brown has an album out soon - I got an 'taster' EP of 4 tracks on itunes and they were pretty good. I'm also looking forward to the next Vampire Weekend album , though that probably won't be for a few months yet.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
I thought 'Room On Fire' and 'Is This It' had some decent moments, but I couldn't get into the album that followed. Will this be their 4th album coming out? Or did I miss one?
And sounds like they're doing some sort of reinvention of themselves, too.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
I thought 'Room On Fire' and 'Is This It' had some decent moments, but I couldn't get into the album that followed. Will this be their 4th album coming out? Or did I miss one?

Me too. I thought they peaked on Room on Fire. Reptilia is their best song. A band that never quite lived up to the hype.

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

Me too. I thought they peaked on Room on Fire. Reptilia is their best song. A band that never quite lived up to the hype.

Completely agree.

I still to this day can't figure out what all the fuss was about.  ???