Author Topic: Visitor Needs Chicago Help  (Read 904 times)

Offline britus

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Visitor Needs Chicago Help
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:32:09 PM »
Hi Wife and I are coming up from Dallas for the opening night.  We love Chicago and have been several times, but never to Soldier Field.  We came and saw U2 with Vertigo and had a great time but got stuck at the arena for hours due to buses did not come to pick up, and don't want to go thru that issue again. Those of you that were there may remember the chaos.

What is the best way to get to Soldier Field from the Theater district? We are staying at a hotel there.

Weather looks concerning, keep our fingers crossed this does not get rained at.

All the best.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: Visitor Needs Chicago Help
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »
Randolph St METRA station, take the Electric line to 18th St Station and then a several minute walk to Soldier Field.  Should be about a 10 minute walk to the METRA from the theatre district.

Offline jg

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Visitor Needs Chicago Help
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »
Walk over to State St. Depending on your exact hotel location in the theater district, this should be a block or 2. Take the southbound route 146 bus. It goes right to Soldier Field. Make sure you get a CTA card in advance with enough money on the card to cover the round trip. You won't need to fumble with cash. You can check it all out on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I'll see you there!!!!