Author Topic: Has any fans come aboard from NLOTH?  (Read 6102 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Has any fans come aboard from NLOTH?
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
Seems like we had some new ones from ATYCLB and a few from HTDAAB, so anyone here who first got into U2 from No Line?

Luieu2

Re: Has any fans come aboard from NLOTH?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seems like we had some new ones from ATYCLB and a few from HTDAAB, so anyone here who first got into U2 from No Line?
yes my 23 month old and my 3 year old girls love this album  ;D

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 03:06:28 AM »
my son aged 16,  likes few u2 songs but iraq just discovered PARTY GIRL!  And if loves it!
 Magnificent one of his favorites on new album

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
No but I'm really considering getting out after No line.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »

You really can't help yourself can you? The topic has nothing to do with "getting out" but rather getting on board. Don't complain that people attack you on this board when you continue to troll like this.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »
I got 'on board' with HTDAAB, but it was NLOTH which made me join the crew! ;) I was a very, very casual fan, this album was more than good enough to make me hardcore, basically. :)

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
Yes! I bought HTDAAB when I was 12, but never really got into it much (it's still low on my favourite albums list), and I had the best of the 80's but it didn't get much play. They I got NLOTH and I fell in love, listened to their entire back catalogue and was at Dublin 3. In fairness, I'm 17 so I wasn't around to get into them at any other stage...

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
On board for all 00s albums. NLOTH is playing frequently and I'm happy with it :)

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:43:35 AM »

You really can't help yourself can you? The topic has nothing to do with "getting out" but rather getting on board. Don't complain that people attack you on this board when you continue to troll like this.
Ich bin ein trabant

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
 I see Johnny Amsterdam still has nothing better to do than to spread his dislike/negativity regarding this album. Really though - got nothing better to do? pathetic, really. Get over it. Some of us like it. You've repeated yourself for months now - what's the point?

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »
I see Johnny Amsterdam still has nothing better to do than to spread his dislike/negativity regarding this album. Really though - got nothing better to do? pathetic, really. Get over it. Some of us like it. You've repeated yourself for months now - what's the point?
The point is Not liking this album and making it known to the world. Why is that any worse than liking it? What's the purpose of this forum that we all look the same way? wouldn't that be just as boooooooring as the last  3 U2 albums?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
I don't think the problem is you not liking it, or you saying this, more your insistence on saying it everywhere, including places which are intended for discussing other aspects such as POSITIVES of it...

Offline Bonoffee

• Acrobat
  • Excise is a small price to pay for bliss.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »
I only really got into U2 over the last year, before that I was a very casual fan. And then NLOTH was released and I fell in love with U2 even more (if that's even possible). I wouldn't necessarily say this album made me a fan, because I'd discovered U2 with HTDAAB already, but it did make me more of a hard-ore fan :) However, my mum really got into U2 with this album. She never used to really like them, or listen to their music and since she heard NLOTH, U2 is all she listens to.

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
Well, after the minor suckfest of ATYCLB and the major suckfest of  HTDAAB  I almost went out, but NLOTH is keeping me on board a while longer.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »

It just needs attention. I fell for the troll trap long enough. The album is quite good and it stands on its own merits.