Author Topic: Has any fans come aboard from NLOTH?  (Read 6110 times)

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Has any fans come aboard from NLOTH?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 03:11:13 AM »
RE topic: No, got on board when I was bought the best of 1980-90 CD in the 90's. Listened to it all the time!

RE Jonny Amsterdam: Don't agree with his opinion, but agree with his point; this is a forum, for DISCUSSION and OPINIONS - he has evey right to criticze the new album if he wants to.

I personally don't think the new album is great but it's not bad either. Some good songs but the lyrics and composition in some places feels rather forced.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 05:38:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RE topic: No, got on board when I was bought the best of 1980-90 CD in the 90's. Listened to it all the time!

RE Jonny Amsterdam: Don't agree with his opinion, but agree with his point; this is a forum, for DISCUSSION and OPINIONS - he has evey right to criticze the new album if he wants to.

I personally don't think the new album is great but it's not bad either. Some good songs but the lyrics and composition in some places feels rather forced.
Damn right

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 08:00:25 AM »

Damn right

hey Johnny - I hate to go on obvious assumptions, but do you indeed live in Amsterdam?

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »

hey Ciaz,

I don't disagree one bit with what you said regarding Johnny Amsterdam... But, perhaps you aren't aware of the manner in which he practices his rights to opine(?) Trust me, he's only out here to take the pi*s. God forbid some of us who are entirely annoyed by his antics say something to call out his ridiculousness . If he were to confess that he is only 9 years old - I'd forgive him. His commentary hardly falls under DISCUSSION or OPINION. It falls under a desperate need to be heard and a fulfillment found only in taking the pi*s out of anything and everything to do with the last 3(?) albums. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 08:47:26 AM by u2matters »

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

hey Ciaz,

I don't disagree one bit with what you said regarding Johnny Amsterdam... But, perhaps you aren't aware of the manner in which he practices his rights to opine(?) Trust me, he's only out here to take the pi*s. God forbid some of us who are entirely annoyed by his antics say something to call out his ridiculousness . If he were to confess that he is only 9 years old - I'd forgive him. His commentary hardly falls under DISCUSSION or OPINION. It falls under a desperate need to be heard and a fulfillment found only in taking the pi*s out of anything and everything to do with the last 3(?) albums. 
Yes I live in Amsterdam. And yes I don't take the pi*s about of the three last albums. In my opinion U2 took a pi*s out of their huge talent with those last three album. They're way under parr quality sense for u2.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

hey Ciaz,

Yes I live in Amsterdam. And yes I don't take the pi*s about of the three last albums. In my opinion U2 took a pi*s out of their huge talent with those last three album. They're way under parr quality sense for u2.

Johnny,

the reason why I asked if you were indeed from Amsterdam is that it amazes me that you have nothing better to do in Amsterdam? really? I have no issue at all with you disliking the last 3 albums - its of no consequence to me whatsoever. But, what gets me ( and other forum members out here ) is your need to poo all over any thread that even remotely discusses said material. It's almost like you're offended by the band. Maybe your disappointment in the band shouldn't be taken so personally.. You have all the freedom to do what you do out here - but trust me, it gets old. Get over it and put your energy into something a little more fulfilling - maybe(?) That is, unless ( and seemingly so ) you get your fulfillment occupying this forum with negativity ...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:20:37 PM by u2matters »

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »

hey Ciaz,

Johnny,

the reason why I asked if you were indeed from Amsterdam is that it amazes me that you have nothing better to do in Amsterdam? really? I have no issue at all with you disliking the last 3 albums - its of no consequence to me whatsoever. But, what gets me ( and other forum members out here ) is your need to poo all over any thread that even remotely discusses said material. It's almost like you're offended by the fact that some people like the newer material. What gives? Three albums of crap - and you're STILL on a forum discussing the band? wow. I appreciate your disappointment, really I do. Maybe you shouldn't take your personal disappointment in the band so personally.. You have all the freedom to do what you do out here - but trust me, it gets old. Get over it and put your energy into something a little more fulfilling - maybe(?) That is, unless ( and seemingly so ) you get your fulfillment occupying this forum with negativity ...

His posts have become, ironically, as "predicable and safe" as the last 2 albums as he puts it.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 12:45:05 PM »

hey Ciaz,

Johnny,

the reason why I asked if you were indeed from Amsterdam is that it amazes me that you have nothing better to do in Amsterdam? really? I have no issue at all with you disliking the last 3 albums - its of no consequence to me whatsoever. But, what gets me ( and other forum members out here ) is your need to poo all over any thread that even remotely discusses said material. It's almost like you're offended disappointment in the band so personally.. You have all the freedom to do what you do out here - but trust me, it gets old. Get over it and put your energy into something a little more fulfilling - maybe(?) That is, unless ( and seemingly so ) you get your fulfillment occupying this forum with negativity ...

Und attack.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »

Hey these ar just post. It's not like I'm putting out a record. Any way I honestly have to laugh when I read all you so called tolerant fans. If you say something good about u2's latest underpar release every thing's good since the sun always must shines out of their... you know what. But if you complain about the decline of quality in their music you're a.. you know what.

To be honest I've noticed that you all like to look the same way and same the song and that's very boring. Any go ahead I'm not saying you shouldn't I'm just not with singing the same song with you if you don't mind.

hey Ciaz,

Johnny,

the reason why I asked if you were indeed from Amsterdam is that it amazes me that you have nothing better to do in Amsterdam? really? I have no issue at all with you disliking the last 3 albums - its of no consequence to me whatsoever. But, what gets me ( and other forum members out here ) is your need to poo all over any thread that even remotely discusses said material. It's almost like you're offended by the fact that some people like the newer material. What gives? Three albums of crap - and you're STILL on a forum discussing the band? wow. I appreciate your disappointment, really I do. Maybe you shouldn't take your personal disappointment in the band so personally.. You have all the freedom to do what you do out here - but trust me, it gets old. Get over it and put your energy into something a little more fulfilling - maybe(?) That is, unless ( and seemingly so ) you get your fulfillment occupying this forum with negativity ...

His posts have become, ironically, as "predicable and safe" as the last 2 albums as he puts it.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »

hey Ciaz,

Johnny,

the reason why I asked if you were indeed from Amsterdam is that it amazes me that you have nothing better to do in Amsterdam? really? I have no issue at all with you disliking the last 3 albums - its of no consequence to me whatsoever. But, what gets me ( and other forum members out here ) is your need to poo all over any thread that even remotely discusses said material. It's almost like you're offended disappointment in the band so personally.. You have all the freedom to do what you do out here - but trust me, it gets old. Get over it and put your energy into something a little more fulfilling - maybe(?) That is, unless ( and seemingly so ) you get your fulfillment occupying this forum with negativity ...

Und attack.

again - with being offended. Take it as you will Johnny. Carry on!
It's your issue, not mine.

as you were ...

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 01:21:57 PM »
Ah I can relate how that would become tiresome then, u2matters. I guess I just have not noticed it as much as everyone else. Didn't seem to be too bad in terms of trolling in this thread though.

I think a lot of NLOTH songs are better live, in relation to the topic. Breate, the title track, GOYB, MOS... my friends, who weren't too keen on the album when i played them a few tracks upon release, seemed to have got 'onside' after listening to it live. They stepped it up a notch from casual listener to slight fandom. Does that count?  ;)

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 01:27:43 PM »
Ah I can relate how that would become tiresome then, u2matters. I guess I just have not noticed it as much as everyone else. Didn't seem to be too bad in terms of trolling in this thread though.

I think a lot of NLOTH songs are better live, in relation to the topic. Breate, the title track, GOYB, MOS... my friends, who weren't too keen on the album when i played them a few tracks upon release, seemed to have got 'onside' after listening to it live. They stepped it up a notch from casual listener to slight fandom. Does that count?  ;)

At first, I didn't appreciate breathe all that much. But, I absolutely love it now - and it came to me after hearing it live also. Overall, I see the album as a whole - to be a real grower ( for lack of a description not already used a million times over )...
I'm quite amazed at the band's ability to perform a lot of the material live as well as they do. They are challenging songs. I'm 3 days removed from seeing the show live - excitement is mounting ( to say the least ). I'm looking forward to seeing how the show comes together - outside of the youtube experience!

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

salute and till....

hey Ciaz,

Johnny,

Und attack.

again - with being offended. Take it as you will Johnny. Carry on!
It's your issue, not mine.

as you were ...

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

And anyone else on this board has the right to criticize him for being predictable and boring.

Offline u2and

• Refugee
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

And anyone else on this board has the right to criticize him for being predictable and boring.

Ouch!