Author Topic: ragarding the roof in Toronto ...  (Read 3330 times)

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
Re: ragarding the roof in Toronto ...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:39 AM »
yeah come on fan club - give it up tonight!  Last time I was around you on the floor for show 1 at ACC and the mood was dead - like I was surrounded by a bunch of music critics saying "meh what else you got?" - these guys come to town maybe every five years and no one is getting any younger.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you torontonians better be fun! im coming from montreal so lets have a good time people!

be warned. Tornto fans are not fun ( for the most part ). Many of us are too occupied and worried with being cool. We tend to sit on out hands. I hope that all changes tonight ...

Offline Wes_Chiasson

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »
The roof better be open!  Such an amazing mid September day today.  The Rogers Centre is the worst venue for anything with the roof closed.

I upgraded to floors for tonight!  A RIM employee that got them for free sold the pair for....$60 total!! Talk about a steal.  8th U2 show tonight..first time on the floor.

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
It has been confirmed that the roof is open for tonight's show, for only the 2nd time in Toronto concert history.

Offline Wes_Chiasson

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
It has been confirmed that the roof is open for tonight's show, for only the 2nd time in Toronto concert history.

Awesome!!  It will look even better with the CN Tower lit up as well.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
the roof is already open ( as of 11.30 this morning )

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 11:20:12 AM »
ps. what is the expected time the band arrives on stage? 8.30? 9? anybody know?

Offline Wes_Chiasson

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »
For the first time this season a good performance will be displayed on the floor of the Rogers Centre.

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
  • beaten and blown by the wind
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
you torontonians better be fun! im coming from montreal so lets have a good time people!

be warned. Tornto fans are not fun ( for the most part ). Many of us are too occupied and worried with being cool. We tend to sit on out hands. I hope that all changes tonight ...

ahh man. :(    that really sucks.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
For the first time this season a good performance will be displayed on the floor of the Rogers Centre.

excellent point!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
That's awesome!  Now if only weather would be good so they could open BC Place!  I've been wondering how they'll get the monstrous claw in there & maybe that's an option here too (?) 

Anyway, - enjoy your concert!  I'm sure they'll rock the house and get TO off its rear!   :D

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 06:52:33 AM »
To close this one off - any concerns about a "quiet" Toronto crowd on a sleepy Wednesday night were unfounded.  Great show, loud crowd, super energy everywhere.  And yes the stage is mighty impressive in person - even after seeing 1000 photos of it on flickr! 

I do have issues with the set list (pacing) in parts but I'll leave that for another post.

Good stuff Toronto / U2.  The roof open does make that soulless concrete stadium breathe  !

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

LOL!!!  No kidding.  We were saying the same thing :D

Toronto was amazing.  I'm from Saskatchewan and concerts are always amazing out here, don't sell yourself short.

If you want the crappy atmosphere you described above, just go to Vancouver.  (I've went to many an Oasis gig and know this to be very true).

I was very proud of the T-Dot last night and proud to be Canadian :)

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
I guess our measure of the crowd depends on where u sit. The crowd was LAME in the $250 section. The show itself was nothing short of stunning. No weak moments whatsoever. It was truly everything I could have hoped it to be. The open roof was spectacular. Just wish Toronto fans would stop being so worried about being cool/seen and capturing thousands upon thousands of pictures and videos....oh well - it was what I expected of them ( that is, the fans and the band). Be sure to see this show - and be excited to see it. VERY. It is spectacular and the band is in TOP form!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »
I guess our measure of the crowd depends on where u sit. The crowd was LAME in the $250 section. The show itself was nothing short of stunning. No weak moments whatsoever. It was truly everything I could have hoped it to be. The open roof was spectacular. Just wish Toronto fans would stop being so worried about being cool/seen and capturing thousands upon thousands of pictures and videos....oh well - it was what I expected of them ( that is, the fans and the band). Be sure to see this show - and be excited to see it. VERY. It is spectacular and the band is in TOP form!

Capturing thousands of pictures and videos is not exclusive to Toronto.  Same thing happened in Chicago.  It's the digital world we live in now, and thank goodness U2 lets us.  I will treasure mine.