Author Topic: ragarding the roof in Toronto ...  (Read 3331 times)

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: ragarding the roof in Toronto ...
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I guess our measure of the crowd depends on where u sit. The crowd was LAME in the $250 section. The show itself was nothing short of stunning. No weak moments whatsoever. It was truly everything I could have hoped it to be. The open roof was spectacular. Just wish Toronto fans would stop being so worried about being cool/seen and capturing thousands upon thousands of pictures and videos....oh well - it was what I expected of them ( that is, the fans and the band). Be sure to see this show - and be excited to see it. VERY. It is spectacular and the band is in TOP form!

Capturing thousands of pictures and videos is not exclusive to Toronto.  Same thing happened in Chicago.  It's the digital world we live in now, and thank goodness U2 lets us.  I will treasure mine.

No, no - I get it. Of course - its a priviledge. But, what I'm getting at - is all the people not really into the show because of their obsession with having to capture it on pic/video. Head's down playing with that freakin' screen all night. Gimme a break. Furthermore, holding that stupid thing in front of people's views. I was the only one screaming ( singing?) my lungs out in my section - the people around me were too worried about looking or sounding uncool - and having to capture each and every moment with their gadgets - as opposed to their minds, bodies & souls. I got great pics too - in my memory. Never forgotten - always charished. ANd not a moment missed.
TO each their own - we are all entitled.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 09:19:47 AM »
I guess our measure of the crowd depends on where u sit. The crowd was LAME in the $250 section. The show itself was nothing short of stunning. No weak moments whatsoever. It was truly everything I could have hoped it to be. The open roof was spectacular. Just wish Toronto fans would stop being so worried about being cool/seen and capturing thousands upon thousands of pictures and videos....oh well - it was what I expected of them ( that is, the fans and the band). Be sure to see this show - and be excited to see it. VERY. It is spectacular and the band is in TOP form!

Capturing thousands of pictures and videos is not exclusive to Toronto.  Same thing happened in Chicago.  It's the digital world we live in now, and thank goodness U2 lets us.  I will treasure mine.

No, no - I get it. Of course - its a priviledge. But, what I'm getting at - is all the people not really into the show because of their obsession with having to capture it on pic/video. Head's down playing with that freakin' screen all night. Gimme a break. Furthermore, holding that stupid thing in front of people's views. I was the only one screaming ( singing?) my lungs out in my section - the people around me were too worried about looking or sounding uncool - and having to capture each and every moment with their gadgets - as opposed to their minds, bodies & souls. I got great pics too - in my memory. Never forgotten - always charished. ANd not a moment missed.
TO each their own - we are all entitled.

I do know what you mean.  Not a moment watching but just taking pics, forget it.  That's also why we're going to 4 shows so we can do a bit of video, a bit of pics and a whole lot of just BEING.  Tonight though, no gadgets, I'm just going to tweet the setlist for @atU2 and others.  I didn't video the whole concert, I could never even have presence of mind to do that... thank goodness the husband/BMF relieved me of the camera to video Edge playing "Stay" right in front of us... I needed to be in that moment, yet at the same time I wanted it to live on forever :) :) :)

Offline Wes_Chiasson

• Babyface
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
What an amazing show.  I was in the inner ring and I could have sworn they were playing an intimate venue.  This didn't have the feel of a stadium show even with the massive stage.  Can't wait for part 2 tonight.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 11:39:15 AM »
RIM/ Blackberry bought 25000 tickets to last nights (or is 25 000 total over two nights?) show for their employees - maybe some of them aren't U2 fans but went anyway because the boss paid for them? 

Offline Wes_Chiasson

• Babyface
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
RIM/ Blackberry bought 25000 tickets to last nights (or is 25 000 total over two nights?) show for their employees - maybe some of them aren't U2 fans but went anyway because the boss paid for them? 

I bought my tickets on Kijij from a RIM employee who got them for free.  2 floors for $60 total!!!  So many people inside the ring just stood there.  One lady was complaining that there weren't any chairs!!  A few people left after 10 songs.  One guy kept looking for Jim Balsille.  I think it was obvious who the RIM employees were.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
why would they sell the floor to RIM?  Tonight's show should have a different floor vibe I would think!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »

I bought my tickets on Kijij from a RIM employee who got them for free.  2 floors for $60 total!!!  So many people inside the ring just stood there.  One lady was complaining that there weren't any chairs!!  A few people left after 10 songs.  One guy kept looking for Jim Balsille.  I think it was obvious who the RIM employees were.

Watch my vid of everyone in the ring just standing there to "Crazy".   ;) I didn't get that at all and I had a front row view.. .the inner circle was no different than the enthusiasm in Chicago, and I was right there watching from the outer catwalk front row for both.