Author Topic: Songs you don't understand people liking / disliking  (Read 10326 times)

Revolver7

Re: Songs you don't understand people liking / disliking
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »
You don't hear "The First Time" mentioned much...but I love that song!

I also love "Last Night On Earth"...it's my favorite song off of Pop

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 04:39:47 PM »
Anyone think there are any songs that every agrees on liking/disliking?
There's probably no single song that everyone dislikes.
But there's probably a few songs that everyone can agree they like?

For instance, everyone likes Streets, right?

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Angel of Harlem.

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
Some songs that I've introduced to people that they've always liked are Bad, Pride, Love Is Blindness, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, All I Want Is You, Electrical Storm, New Year's Day, Hawkmoon 269, Silver and Gold (but only the live version off Rattle and Hum, the original seems to get really negative opinions!), One, Stay, Walk On, Stuck In A Moment, and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. Which I have to compliment them on their good taste!, though these days.. I really have to be in a certain kind of mood to think One is a fabulous song anymore.. though I still like it, the Mary J. Blige collaboration thing just about ruined it for me.  :-\

Some songs that I've introduced to people that they never seem to like are I Will Follow, Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, ANYTHING off of POP (with the popular opinion among them being especially a disdain for Discotheque), Beautiful Day, and Vertigo. You should of seen my ex boyfriend's face when I showed him the performance of Daddy's Gonna Pay from the Live from Sydney video. But that song is cool to me!, just because it's so dang funky.. you can't pull a Pride out of your hat everytime you know. I kind of get why they'd have a dislike for Discotheque too.. though I love that song like I love my dog. I Will Follow?.. well, ok, that's really early U2 and it does sound very different from other stuff, but dang. I liked to of peed myself when I saw them do that live on the Pop tour, it was great. I get the rest of them in a way.. but I really don't understand the consensus being that Pop as a whole sucked. That whole era of U2 was grossly misunderstood & underrated.

Offline CDProp

• Stateless
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
Pop was such a great album. Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth, Please, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man...all incredible songs.

Hawkmoon 269 is one that I'm notorious, amongst my friends and family, for hating.

I totally agree with you about Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car. "Uh huh, sha la." Haha. A lot of fun to listen to.

I'm surprised that people tend not to like Mysterious Ways. I mean, that song was huge where I'm from.

luieu2

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Songs I don't understand people disliking:

- Babyface
- Yaweh
- Windows in the sky
i agree i love these songs  ;)

Boom Cha!

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »
I don't know how anyone could not like New York.

Such an awesome song! I love how Edge's guitar bursts through the speakers and smacks you in the face.  8)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »

Such an awesome song! I love how Edge's guitar bursts through the speakers and smacks you in the face.  8)

Ahh, such a cool song and a cool city! (Ok so I am a bit biased here)  Hi Boom Cha!   ;)

Boom Cha!

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »

Ahh, such a cool song and a cool city! (Ok so I am a bit biased here)  Hi Boom Cha!   ;)

Hi StrongGirl! I visited New York City in 2004! I hope to go back and visit again some day soon!

By the way....are you one of those New Yorkers that can't stand tourists? I work in a hotel as a waiter and I get a lot of New Yorker tourist there. (Amish seekers  :P)....some of them can be quite annoying. You seem like you're one of the good ones though.  ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

Hi StrongGirl! I visited New York City in 2004! I hope to go back and visit again some day soon!

By the way....are you one of those New Yorkers that can't stand tourists? I work in a hotel as a waiter and I get a lot of New Yorker tourist there. (Amish seekers  :P)....some of them can be quite annoying. You seem like you're one of the good ones though.  ;D

Boom Cha! I love tourists! I have visited Lancaster many times. I hope they thought I was one of the nice NYers! I try to be. Actually, there are a lot of really nice people here contrary to what you hear!  Let me know if you ever come to NY.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2009, 01:28:45 AM »

new york is a great song and i think they should be putting it back in the live set.as for ny i've been there twice and i love the city.the first time i visited there was for st patricks weekend.9 of us all, guys spent 5 days there .we had a great time and the st pats parade was mindblowing.me and a couple of friends also managed to get to madison square garden to see the knicks play and win :P you live in a fantastic city and i would love to go back sometime.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2009, 03:53:14 AM »
I've read on here that a few people who hate The Wanderer. i don't get that at all.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »

new york is a great song and i think they should be putting it back in the live set.as for ny i've been there twice and i love the city.the first time i visited there was for st patricks weekend.9 of us all, guys spent 5 days there .we had a great time and the st pats parade was mindblowing.me and a couple of friends also managed to get to madison square garden to see the knicks play and win :P you live in a fantastic city and i would love to go back sometime.

If any of my forum friends visit, let me know. I'd love to meet up. It'd be so much fun. And Bono stays here a lot because he "just got a place in New York"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zip

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

If any of my forum friends visit, let me know. I'd love to meet up. It'd be so much fun. And Bono stays here a lot because he "just got a place in New York"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may just hold you to that strong , I'm thinkin for my sons 10th bday taking him to the MMA

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
Anyone think there are any songs that every agrees on liking/disliking?
There's probably no single song that everyone dislikes.
But there's probably a few songs that everyone can agree they like?

For instance, everyone likes Streets, right?

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Angel of Harlem.

Hey, nobody better say anything bad about Angel of Harlem! StrongGirl will find you and beat you up! ;D ;D ;D

zip

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8)