Author Topic: Behind stage seating (please no spoilers)  (Read 3973 times)

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
Behind stage seating (please no spoilers)
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
Hey. I was wondering if anyone had sat in the stadium seats behind the stage. If so, were they good? How's the sound and viewing?

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
Re: Behind stage seating (please no spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
THE EDGE GOTTO, WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?! :D

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Hi EG!  In Chi-1 I sat behind the stage and I still saw an amazing show. Both U2 and Snow Patrol made it a huge point of coming around and playing to those of us behind the stage.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
was three rows off the rail behind in Toronto.  As mentioned in previous post the rear speakers were not hanging but on the floor blasting up at us - guessing this set up will be the only one like this because Rogers Centre has a hotel / restaurant overlooking centre field and the normal speaker positions would have been bouncing right off the hotel windows.  Sound was not great but sound is never great at Rogers Centre. 

Sightlines were great though and excellent proximity to the back of the outer catwalk!  And the band all came around at different points.  They've figured out how to use the 360 space very well. 

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

a brief video from behind the stage - unless you don't want the pre-view!

It sounded better than my camera would lead you to believe.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »
First of all, you need to have the proper expectations.  Most of the performance is directed between the 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock sections of the stadium (assuming the front of the stage points to 12:00), more like the 4:00 to 8:00.  But occasionally, the band will make its was around the out circle.   I sat in the 5:00 area, directly behind the stage for Chi 2.   

I enjoyed being behind the stage..I felt like a had a "backstage view" of all that was going on.  The sound was great (bigger bank of speaker compared to the sides), and the video screen gave a great representation of what was being missed.  Got to see the band enter and leave the stage.  You could also get a better sense of the excitment in GA.  I sat at the 9:00 position for Chi, and to be honest, I felt like a missed more because I couldn't see Adam's side, and Larry was a bit hidden behind his kit from that vantage point.  For $160 less, behind the stage seemed to be better experience in my opinion. 

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »
12 o'clock in my books is the end of the entrance / exit ramp - 6 o'clock faces the GA pit - are we on the same clock?  The above video would be from the 2'clock spot on the dial. 

Offline jjazznola

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
Thanks for that video tdot1a. it gives me a much better idea of what my seats in section 137 will be like Thurs in NJ.  I have GA for Wed so I will be able to see the show from the front at least once. Don't think I can handle the GA crowds 2 nights in a row.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
yeah I'd like to see another show from the front - even back of the floor by the mix tower would be a good perspective....