Author Topic: Our experiences in GA for 3 nights, how early we lined up and where we ended up.  (Read 6665 times)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ElVeejay - I just came across m2's photos from 360 Giants - Check them out re:  GA position - in or out:

lots of pics in the main set NY Sept 23:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Esp these pics:

That reminded me of Eurydice :(  Thanks for the links!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
oops sorry!  Will fix that!   :P  And you're welcome for the links...

Offline sonialastrega

• Babyface
I'm just on my way home from doing GA at Chicago 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2 and Boston 1, and seated at NYC 1.

Chicago 1: Arrived 0500, was number 42 in line, chose to go outside Edge-side rail. Awesome view of everything.

Chicago 2: Arrived 0600, was number 97 in line, went centre outside rail, again awesome.

Toronto 1: Arrived  0530, was number 102 in line, went slightly to the Edge-side/centre outside rail again (can't begin to say what a great spot this is)

Toronto 2: Arrived 0600, was number 97 in line, went slightly to Adam's side/centre outside rail. Again, full of win.

Boston 1: Arrived 0730, was 174 in line, went Adam-side rail in the inner circle. It was great to see it from there, and being up close is always cool, but you don't see as much.

NYC 1: Had third tier seat obscured by claw. Blagged my way into much better seat. It was great to see the claw from that perspective, but seat people are not my people :-( I mostly wanted to shake them and yell that they should shut up and listen to the show instead of futzing about with beer.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
I still have to cancel my hotel I booked for Vancouver.  I'm going to leave it for another couple weeks just because I can though :P

Wha?  How come? 

I planned to go to Vancouver originally and booked a hotel immediately.  Then, completely changed my plans to do the 4 shows in a row in Chi/TO and dumped my Vancouver plans.  Vancouver can keep the Black Eyed Peas and single night... I know I made the right choice :P

• Airborne Ranger
I'm just on my way home from doing GA at Chicago 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2 and Boston 1, and seated at NYC 1.

Chicago 1: Arrived 0500, was number 42 in line, chose to go outside Edge-side rail. Awesome view of everything.

Chicago 2: Arrived 0600, was number 97 in line, went centre outside rail, again awesome.

Toronto 1: Arrived  0530, was number 102 in line, went slightly to the Edge-side/centre outside rail again (can't begin to say what a great spot this is)

Toronto 2: Arrived 0600, was number 97 in line, went slightly to Adam's side/centre outside rail. Again, full of win.

Boston 1: Arrived 0730, was 174 in line, went Adam-side rail in the inner circle. It was great to see it from there, and being up close is always cool, but you don't see as much.

NYC 1: Had third tier seat obscured by claw. Blagged my way into much better seat. It was great to see the claw from that perspective, but seat people are not my people :-( I mostly wanted to shake them and yell that they should shut up and listen to the show instead of futzing about with beer.

Hi Sonja!  You were only about 30 people in line ahead of us in Toronto for the first show.  I'm the "button girl"... did I meet you?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
I still have to cancel my hotel I booked for Vancouver.  I'm going to leave it for another couple weeks just because I can though :P

Wha?  How come? 

I planned to go to Vancouver originally and booked a hotel immediately.  Then, completely changed my plans to do the 4 shows in a row in Chi/TO and dumped my Vancouver plans.  Vancouver can keep the Black Eyed Peas and single night... I know I made the right choice :P

Heya edgefest!  Yeah BEP sux and 4 rather than 3 was easy! 

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger

Yes, I'm not looking forward to BEP, but Vancouver is the final show of this leg!

Can I let you know if I win those tickets from the hotel?  I don't know when they're drawing, so don't cancel just yet!

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
Okay, one more question for you P8 (since you're the resident Vancouver expert):  which entrance do I go to, or will it be obvious? ::)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Okay, one more question for you P8 (since you're the resident Vancouver expert):  which entrance do I go to, or will it be obvious? ::)

No idea at this point and there are many gates....  I'm sure they'll pick one and GA lineup will wrap around the stadium.  My guess would be that it will be around the Terry Fox plaza up near Beatty Street ( given the extra room there) but it could be down on the lower level near Pacific Ave. 

• Airborne Ranger

Yes, I'm not looking forward to BEP, but Vancouver is the final show of this leg!

Can I let you know if I win those tickets from the hotel?  I don't know when they're drawing, so don't cancel just yet!

OK... I won't... :D

• Airborne Ranger

For the Chicago show, it was the South Soldier Field gate as printed on the tix, and for the T.O. show it was Gate 15 as printed on the tix.  So, check your tix, it should be right on there.... then maybe p8ru2 will know exactly where it is :)

Offline mdesevigny2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
My husband and I got to Giant's stadium at 3:30 yesterday.  After about 10 minutes the event staff started to count and mush everyone up toward the gates.  There was really no one else in the GA line until about 4:30.  We all easily got into the inner circle.  The circle was still fairly light at about 6 PM.  All my husband kept saying was told you we could have gotten here a little later!  We ended up in the inner circle back side of rail slightly right off center and we got there at 3:30.  I think we could have gotten the same spot if we had showed up at 4:30.  I can't possibly think of where there could have been that much of a better spot for those guys that showed up at 8 AM????  I'm kicking myself for waisting an extra hour in line!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
My husband and I got to Giant's stadium at 3:30 yesterday.  After about 10 minutes the event staff started to count and mush everyone up toward the gates.  There was really no one else in the GA line until about 4:30.  We all easily got into the inner circle.  The circle was still fairly light at about 6 PM.  All my husband kept saying was told you we could have gotten here a little later!  We ended up in the inner circle back side of rail slightly right off center and we got there at 3:30.  I think we could have gotten the same spot if we had showed up at 4:30.  I can't possibly think of where there could have been that much of a better spot for those guys that showed up at 8 AM????  I'm kicking myself for waisting an extra hour in line!

Peeps who want to be front and center - either in or out of the circle - would be best to get there earlier.  Those areas packed up really quickly once they let people in the stadium. 

• Airborne Ranger

Peeps who want to be front and center - either in or out of the circle - would be best to get there earlier.  Those areas packed up really quickly once they let people in the stadium. 

Peeps who don't want ANYONE in front of them, ie a piece of the rail which is heavenly, must be there before noon.  It's a big deal to have NO ONE in front of you, unless you are 6 ft 5.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
I am totally a visual person. I can read tons of stuff and still have no idea what everyone is talking about. For me a picture really is worth a thousand words.

This is Reliant Stadium layout. Where should I be in GA to have a good view of Larry most of the time?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

can someone put a dot there and tell me how to get there?

Yes, I'm that blond.