Author Topic: Our experiences in GA for 3 nights, how early we lined up and where we ended up.  (Read 6668 times)

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
is there ANY difference at all between the back of the inner circle and the front rail outside of the ring? 

Yes. At the back of the inner circle, you'll have a huge crowd of people standing in front of you, often with their arms up, either waving or holding cameras,andwhen the band comes out on the catwalk you've got to turn around to see them. On the outside rail you've got six or so feet between the rail and the catwalk, then the catwalk itself which is maybe six feet wide, and then another equally large space between the catwalk and the inner rail. This means a wide open space in front of you, allowing for great views of that towering stage, and it's much easier to take everything in at once: band on stage, band on the catwalk, band on the screen, etc. A fringe benefit is that there are huge subwoofer cabinets right under the catwalk, so the sound is amazing!

Offline fadedu2

• Babyface
If you planned to bring a sign in the hopes that they pull you to play a song with U2, where would should one be at where they may have the best chance at having the sign seen by U2? inner circle or outer circle by the front rail?
thanks for the advice.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
So should I go for the outer-rail or the rail inside the circle?  I was planning on trying for the rail inside the circle, but from some of the sounds of things I won't be able to see the whole stage from there?  So outer circle rail is better?  And if it is, which part of the rail should I go for?  Edge side, middle, or Adam side?  When the band come out to the outer circle do they tend to hang out over on their side or what?

Outer rail, Edge side.  The End.

;D ;D ;D

I agree 100%  That's where we were in Norman, and I can't imagine a better place.  The bridge stopped right in front of us.  I thought I had died and gone to Edge heaven.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
I was inner circle and its great in there but I'd agree that outside rail is best & superior for unobstructed view, sound etc. 
And Edgefest - Total agreement with you!!!   ;D  ( Sorry Adam!)

That said, I can't do the super early GA anymore and I did like the convenience of being able to come and go from the inner circle.  That's the tradeoff...

Offline fadedu2

• Babyface
If you planned to bring a sign in the hopes that they pull you to play a song with U2, where would should one be at where they may have the best chance at having the sign seen by U2? inner circle or outer circle by the front rail?
thanks for the advice.