Author Topic: Does this mean no N. America again?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Torontotoad

• Babyface
Does this mean no N. America again?
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:07:31 AM »
Seeing the new Euro dates, am disheartened that they start in mid-summer and nothing in N. America mentioned.  Doesnt seem to be much chance for more here....unless they were to announce earlier season dates late....which seems odd.
I know, I just saw the band last week...but cant get enough now....:0
There must be a few more big stadiums this side of pond they could fill...as a Canuck, Montreal comes to mind.
Anyone with reason for optimism?

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
Re: Does this mean no N. America again?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »
But it also says "additional dates and cities to be confirmed" . . . and the rumours for North America were more for June/July . . . so don't give up hope yet!

10 August, 2010 Commerzbank Arena  Frankfurt 
12 August, 2010 AWD Stadium Hannover   
15 August, 2010 Stadium Horsens 
20 August, 2010 Olympic Stadium Helsinki   
25 August, 2010 Luzhniki Moscow 
30 August, 2010 Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna 
3 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Athens 
6 September, 2010 Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul 
15 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Munich 
18 September, 2010 Stade De France Paris 
29 September, 2010 Olympic Stadium Seville 
2 October, 2010 Stadium Coimbra 

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
It's expected that there will be NA dates, the rumours vary, but it may be during the first 6 months of 2010 they will be back there, have patience !

Whats also fairly clear is that the outdoor 360 tickets have sold much faster in Europe. 24 European gigs for leg 1 but only 17 for the U.S.(excluding Canada, which got 3 gigs). It's only natural to go where the most demand is.

Having said that, the U.S. has only recenlty got it's first taste of 360, paving the way for more gigs there, plus there are several places that haven't got 360, places like Denver spring to mind, and most of the west coast also.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »
I have a feeling we will hear soon, I'm quite sure they are working it out with MLB. 

They can just play 20 dates in Winnipeg.  Who's in?

(Bleh, I really don't want to go back to Winnipeg, but if Edge commands it, so be it :P)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a feeling we will hear soon, I'm quite sure they are working it out with MLB. 

They can just play 20 dates in Winnipeg.  Who's in?
(Bleh, I really don't want to go back to Winnipeg, but if Edge commands it, so be it :P)

I'm all over that, EF!

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »
relax, there's plenty of time left. After all, the Euro leg could be the end of the tour, with a South America / NZ / Aus / Jap leg for Feb-March and US for April-June.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:21:11 AM »
It's expected that there will be NA dates, the rumours vary, but it may be during the first 6 months of 2010 they will be back there, have patience !

Whats also fairly clear is that the outdoor 360 tickets have sold much faster in Europe. 24 European gigs for leg 1 but only 17 for the U.S.(excluding Canada, which got 3 gigs). It's only natural to go where the most demand is.

Having said that, the U.S. has only recenlty got it's first taste of 360, paving the way for more gigs there, plus there are several places that haven't got 360, places like Denver spring to mind, and most of the west coast also.

There were so many non-US people at Giants Stadium GA last night....it's not surprising that ticket sales in Europe are much better than the US.  By the way, most of the foreingers were VERY rude in GA.  No respect for other people's space.

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
Let's note that these european dates are all for August and September.

That leaves;

7 months open prior to this leg

3 months open after the EU leg

If you ask me, that leaves plenty of room for North and South American dates in 2010.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »
exactly - and let's not forget the current NA tour is only two weeks old (!)  Maybe they'd like to play most of this leg or all of it before asking the fans to start splashing out for more tickets.......or they want those close to one of the current leg venues to buy tickets and travel and then hit them again when they come back for another leg in their hometown.

I'm almost certain that Toronto got two shows and nothing in Montreal for this very reason.  The Toronto loyal will probably make the trip to Montreal or East Lansing on the next leg and Live Nation / U2 know this. 

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
I think they will definitely do more shows in N. America prior to the Euro leg and mainly due to logistics but also having had just a fraction of their usual N. American cities.  They've got the three claws on the westcoast at the end of this leg, and they'll need to transport back to Europe.  So say 6 months of touring before Europe and then they'll hit either S.America or Oz. 

Offline Torontotoad

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
Thank you all for the replies...Have hope enough to renew my membership and get the remix...:)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »
Thank you all for the replies...Have hope enough to renew my membership and get the remix...:)

Me too, and maybe a show or two more too!   ;D

shockdocta22

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »
larry said something like in 2010 we will start in NA then go everywhere else 8)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 06:51:52 PM »
and what Larry says, goes!   ;D ....Where'd you hear that?  Sources please! 

hurricane hugo

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
Seeing the new Euro dates, am disheartened that they start in mid-summer and nothing in N. America mentioned.  Doesnt seem to be much chance for more here....unless they were to announce earlier season dates late....which seems odd.
I know, I just saw the band last week...but cant get enough now....:0
There must be a few more big stadiums this side of pond they could fill...as a Canuck, Montreal comes to mind.
Anyone with reason for optimism?

umm, dude...there's at least 2 other threads discussing the rumored 2010 North American dates. Paul McGuinness himself said that U2 would be playing 2 shows in Mexico City in May 2010.

#@!