Author Topic: Does this mean no N. America again?  (Read 4655 times)

hurricane hugo

Re: Does this mean no N. America again?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting, achtung!  Why San Fran?  I think they'll start in Seattle and go down to Oakland, CA, and they may end up back in NY/NJ for the new stadium. 
5th leg could be as you state or S. America. 

I honestly just randomly chose San Fran, just because they've never opened there before. Seattle is definitely a possibility, but who knows, like we both said, it might just start on the East Coast. Hopefully we'll get some initial dates in the next month or so (although I don't want them to go on sale too soon, I just got done convincing my parents to take me to Chicago for the concerts, no way there going to approve of another trip to see U2 this soon!)

looks like they're starting in Mexico City in May. Seattle seems to be the 1st US date. I don't know how close you are to Chicago, but Minneapolis, Green Bay, Cleveland and Detroit (E. Lansing, actually) look like they're going to happen. It's a long way off, though, and itineraries can change.

#@!

Achtung40Life

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
Where are you getting these cities? When will they be in the midwest? What about southern cities? Miami? Jacksonville? Sorry I'm so concerned about the dates, it's just I'm in school until June 9, and if they're coming near me (southern US- Florida) or my hometown (Chicago) I pray I'm off school so I can see them. Thanks.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 03:15:56 PM »
once again, there's at least two other threads about the (very tentative) 2010 US dates on this site.

update: I just bumped one of them - the Eventful thread. check it out! it lists a tentative date of July 13 for Miami.  :)

#@!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:25:36 PM by hurricane hugo »

Achtung40Life

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 06:07:01 PM »
once again, there's at least two other threads about the (very tentative) 2010 US dates on this site.

update: I just bumped one of them - the Eventful thread. check it out! it lists a tentative date of July 13 for Miami.  :)

#@!

Ya yeah!!!

shockdocta22

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 06:08:17 PM »
and what Larry says, goes!   ;D ....Where'd you hear that?  Sources please! 

its somewhere lost in this forum i think title was Mullen: in 2010 we will play north america first then everywhere else...

shockdocta22

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »
I found it!

here it is

Achtung40Life

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »
I found it!

here it is

Ha! Thanks!. I love how Clayton holds back his laugh at the end.

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
I actually ran into a couple from Belfast last night. We went in early because my daughter wanted to see Muse. So I saw a ton of people trying to awkwardly take that self-picture of their group. I helped out and made their lives easier. Anyway, I met a woman from Belfast who's seen every tour since "Boy". Uh....WOW!

Just curious... how old is your daughter?  Im jurious if the REALLY young are liking them

shockdocta22

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »
I actually ran into a couple from Belfast last night. We went in early because my daughter wanted to see Muse. So I saw a ton of people trying to awkwardly take that self-picture of their group. I helped out and made their lives easier. Anyway, I met a woman from Belfast who's seen every tour since "Boy". Uh....WOW!

Just curious... how old is your daughter?  Im jurious if the REALLY young are liking them

well im 14 and started loving them when i was 12, does that make me really young?

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 07:39:56 PM »

well im 14 and started loving them when i was 12, does that make me really young?

I guess so... didnt think too hard about it before I wrote it!  Its cool to see pre highschoolers getting into good bands  :D

shockdocta22

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »
Well i started loving U2 when i was 12, i started liking Muse when i was 13

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »
Interesting, achtung!  Why San Fran?  I think they'll start in Seattle and go down to Oakland, CA, and they may end up back in NY/NJ for the new stadium. 
5th leg could be as you state or S. America. 

I honestly just randomly chose San Fran, just because they've never opened there before. Seattle is definitely a possibility, but who knows, like we both said, it might just start on the East Coast. Hopefully we'll get some initial dates in the next month or so (although I don't want them to go on sale too soon, I just got done convincing my parents to take me to Chicago for the concerts, no way there going to approve of another trip to see U2 this soon!)

looks like they're starting in Mexico City in May. Seattle seems to be the 1st US date. I don't know how close you are to Chicago, but Minneapolis, Green Bay, Cleveland and Detroit (E. Lansing, actually) look like they're going to happen. It's a long way off, though, and itineraries can change.

#@!

I can't see them in Mexico in May - I'd think they'd want to take advantage of the season/ weather in N. America at that time, and go to Mexico in winter.  No? 

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »
one claw ends up in Vancouver - which makes Seattle a likely starting point.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »
Seattle has a great looking stadium in Quest Field.

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »
Any news on a return to the New England area???

Connecticut or Mass???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:31:30 PM by Mark0930 »